Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-01-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
I feel like I am getting to the point where the bottleneck in my stereo comes from the inconsistency of the music I am downloading. Where and how can I get higher qaulity downloads for my IPOD?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-01-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Boats forum?

Ok you have a few routes.

1. Converting CD's at a higher bitrate (I recommend freerip).

2. Obtain files legally. I'm not an MP3 narc whatsoever but a good portion of my non-iTunes music is of low quality but everything from iTunes has been of excellent quality.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Ahhhhh: The Question of the Centry!
Where and how can I get higher qaulity downloads for my IPOD?

Finding quality music is hard and when you find it you hold on to it like GOLD, LOL.

320KB IMO is pretty close to CD quality. 320KB song's are to the point where on "My system" I think they sound pretty good. Everyones system is diffrent. Some peoples systems are so crappy 320 KB won't make a bit of differance.

For me Single Song's are worthless. 1 to 2 hr mixes are where it's at. You hit play and dont touch your Ipod for over a Hr.

If you know of a place where you can get quality music (no Spikes in volume or crazy Bass distortion) Mix's Let us know Ill pay for music No problem. I have music Im willing to trade. If you have some good House and wanna trade e-mail me I would love to swap CD's or Can get you a Link.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-01-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Erik, itunes is for the most part 128kbps. On some of the more high end systems you can tell an immediate difference b/t 128kbps and 320kbps.

Does anyone know where to download music fron the internet at 320kbps?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-01-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
I can tell a huge difference between 128 and 320... I always get 320 where I can. Otherwise, just get the CD and rip it yourself.
Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
What about this new HD radio? Anyone ever use it?
Old    wakeridinrob            07-01-2008, 12:37 PM Reply   
torrents..

That is what i do to get what ever i can. If it is music you can download the torrent.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-01-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
I-tunes with the bitrate set to the highest, the default setting is too low.
Old     (markoranovich)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2008, 12:08 PM Reply   
www.shoutcast.com + www.streamripper.com