Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       06-17-2010, 9:18 PM Reply   
I dinged my Acme today. It was the original 515 from my Avalanche repitched to a 525. I want to buy a new 525 and have this as a spare after I get it repaired.

Where is the best place to buy Acme props these days?

I'd like to buy one locally (Dallas Texas) so I can have it for the weekend but if I can save enough money ordering one, i will go that route.

Thanks
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-17-2010, 9:40 PM Reply   
http://www.nettleprops.com/

They have always been great to me.
Old    SamIngram            06-17-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
Delta Prop!
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-18-2010, 7:01 AM Reply   
Local - James Propeller in Farmer's Branch. They have a ton of props, and could order you a new one. They have done my repairs, and do a very good job.

http://www.jamespropeller.com/
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-18-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
love nettleprops too
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-18-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
Another vote for Nettles. Thank God he's local for me if I ever really need him.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
if you are going to order on-line, give me a chance - www.boarditup.com
Old    SamIngram            06-18-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
I have given everyone a chance and no one could even come close the deltaprop, even more so with the Planet Nautique discount...
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       06-18-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
I bought my 911 at delta props, best price and shipped quick
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-18-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
You texas people are lucky! Lots of options for props.
Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       06-18-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Bought it fro Nettles.

$80 cheaper than anywhere else!

Even Delta.

Thanks guys. I will be back on the water Monday.

New question - can James Propeller refurb my dinged 525 back to good condition? I know they do prop repair but are they good?

Thanks
Old     (jkylew95)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-19-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Ordered mine from Nettle Props on Mother's Day via the internet. They called me minutes later to thank me for the business and walk me through the install...Great Service!!!
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
got mine from getaprop.com AWESOME hook up!!!!

kal
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-23-2010, 7:58 PM Reply   
+1 for Nettles

bought an Acme 1433 from them today. JT was super helpful, and even walked me through the checkout process on the phone as they were having issue showing shipping charges to Canada.

Was a pleasure to do business with, and even answered emails late into the night.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2010, 9:33 PM Reply   
Not knockin' Acme props torque and performance but... I have had 2- 523's and they have been repaired a few to many times. The river and tributary creek have alot of sticks,limbs ect.. and such in them from shoreline wash out, we had issues with the Acme's gettin dinged up easy and vibrattin' bad. Went to an OJ and we are on 3rd season on same prop, no repairs, performance easily the same. When we go up or down river to get to some of the creeks we ride in we have to go thru some typical river stuff and the OJ has held up great and I had to repair the Acme's twice under same circumstances, got dinged before we could even ride. Oj gets my money.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-24-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
I buy mine direct from Acme.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
If you really are not sure which prop is best for you then I might suggest ordering from Acme direct. They have a program where you can exchange a prop you buy for another if it doesn't work out as long as it's not damaged. Granted their prices are near retail but it's cheaper than trying to sell a new prop because it didn't work out. On the other hand if you have it dialed in and know what prop you need then of course find the best price. Just my opinion. I bought my last prop from Delta as I knew which one I needed a 1579.