Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    rocket_rod            03-17-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
What are the closest and best wakeboarding lakes near Phoenix, Arizona? Additional info. welcome.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2005, 4:22 PM Reply   
Where in the valley do you live?
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-17-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Saguaro, Canyon, Apache, and Roosevelt are all on the salt river east of phoenix. Bartlett and Horseshoe are on the Verde rive north of town. Lake Pleasant is northwest of town. Those are the closest lakes to Phoenix, all within an hour or so depending on what part of Phx u live in.
Old    rocket_rod            03-18-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
We're from San Diego & just visiting Phoenix and staying at the Legacy Golf Resort. We're going to take our new Air Nautique and want to go stay at a lake for a few days also.
Which lake do you recommend for a family with kids age 6 -17 yrs. and with a hotel or (?)nearby?
We heard Anthem has hotels and is near Lake Pleasant. Do you know anything about Lake Pleasant?
Old    byazn            03-18-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Pleasant is about 25 min from Anthem. Pleasant is pretty good during the week it does get alittle crazy during the weekend. If you are interested in a few day trip I would head up to Roosevelt Lake. It is the largest and the least populated. There is a hotel about 5 min from the boat ramp. Only down side is it is about a two hour tow and the water will be slightly colder up there.
Old     (chevboy171)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-18-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
I was at Pleasant sat. the 12th and there was a lot of debris in the lake. The water temp was cold but still very do-able without a wetsuit. It was pretty crowded and choppy but we didn't get there til the afternoon so there's prolly some good water before 10 or so. as byazn said, Roosevelt would prolly b a good choice, its nearly full and hasn't EVER had this much water in it. There's prolly a lot of debris in it too though.
Old    rocket_rod            03-18-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Jon & Brandon. We're going at the end of June and want to stay close to where the Legacy Resort is in Phoenix so other people can meet us at the lake. Do you know of any overnight places closer to Lake Pleasant. We will be there Sun - Wed. so maybe it won't be so crowded.
Old    wakesyco            03-20-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
Saguaro and Bartlet are the two best lakes
Old    byazn            03-21-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Well at least Bartlet is
Old    byazn            03-21-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
Are you looking to camp or do u want a hotel?
Old    rocket_rod            03-22-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
We're looking for a hotel nearby either lake. Do you know the area well enough to tell us how far these lakes are from the Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix?
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-22-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Legacy Golf Resort I beleive is the Marriot off tatum and 101 that is 30 min to Bartlet and 45 min Saguaro Both are good lakes to ride at. The location of that resort say's Pheonix but it's closer to Scottsdale.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-22-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
nope, legacy is at south mountain. Its the Marriott desert ridge off tatum and 101. your probably looking at atleast an hour drive to Bartlett from south phoenix, 45 to sahuaro. I would steer clear of Bartlett anyway for atleast a while, it has a ton a debris in the water.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-22-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for getting me on the right track. We have to stay at aless expensive hotel, maybe that's why I was confused.
Old    rocket_rod            03-22-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
Thanks. We're getting our '05 Super Air 210 in a week and can't wait to explore new water in AZ.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-22-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Still want to head up to Apache. Was there as a kid and remember it as just being magical (like Disneyland, except hotter). Canyon's a bigger lake and more crowded, but cool, too. Never spent any time on a boat at Roosevelt, but the scenery is definitely not as good there as at Apache and Canyon.
Old    azshan            03-24-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
canyon is the closest lake to where you are staying down by legacy.
check out hotel prices at the point south mountain for your family, too. they have a cool pool w/ waterslides, etc. and good summer rates!
have fun:-)
hopefully all the crud/debris will be skimmed from our lakes by june!
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2005, 9:12 PM Reply   
Stay at my resort in North Scottsdale and go to Bartlett, Saquaro and Bartlett aren't bad drives either, depending on when you are coming out I may be able to really hook you up with a sweet room, possibly a 2bdr, depending on what we have available. $35 for the one and $70 for the two. Check out our website at resortsuites.com, its a very nice place, 1bdr's are usually $245, and 2bdr's are $440. But for a pull or two I'll set you and your family up. Let me know!
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
I meant Saguaro and Pleasent aren't bad drives.
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-24-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
Rod, i just read through the thread a bit more carefully, you're coming out at the end of June, done deal on the room hook up. Summer time at the resorts is dead.