Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2004, 3:59 AM Reply   
...alright so it's not as dramatic as the subject suggests...but it's a little personal era at any rate!!

My Bad Ass Rampage 141,that has been good to me for a few years now is being retired. We've had some good times , we've had some bad, luckily the good have outweighed the bad.
She's seen action on 3 continents and has endured all the extremes that nature could throw at her...if you've boarded in the Irish sea in march you know what I'm talking about!!

Anyway, as I'm in the market for a new board, I'm looking for something of similar qualities as the oldie....any suggestions?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-05-2004, 4:16 AM Reply   
the bad ass line-up was one of the best, if not THE best ever. in fact, my girlfriend is riding my old bad ass motorhead 135!

if you want something w/ a pop more explosive than the badass, check out the blindside blade. it has a 3-stage rocker and its edge-hold is amazing. along w/ its soft landings, you can't go wrong w/ this board.
Old     (jediknight)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2004, 5:10 AM Reply   
Jimmy,

I see you're in London, whereabouts? It's a big place after all! I recently moved to London and need a new crew to ride with, maybe we could hook up sometime.............

You want a new board you say, something with an aggressive 3-Stage, maybe a HL Byerly or Parks, not to everyones tastes though- I've a mate who's a LF and Bilndside dealer who could sort you out who's as cheap as I 've seen over here if you're in the market........
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
Thanks Joe, sounds like I need to check it out.

Bad Ass RIP
Old     (jimmyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2004, 5:24 AM Reply   
Jedi,

I live in Central London (Maida Vale) and board predominantly at a lake just outside of Oxford (About 40 mins drive). Always happy to ride with new people.

Am out of action though for a couple of weeks -stress fracture and ligament damage sustained 2 weeks ago - but am itching to get back on the water, especially in this weather

Drop me an email jimmy@osmosis5.freeserve.co.uk
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-05-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Why dont you check out the gator boards lineup, they bought up many of the bad ass molds I think and have many of the boards. If you want a new tech 141, I believe they make it. I know they have the Nautilus, the 135 and a 141 that are the same shape as the old bad asses
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-06-2004, 1:38 AM Reply   
You can allways check out the GB Gator 141, its the same board.

Wow Joe, I didn't know you liked the Blade (sarcasm). Jimmy it is good advice you should check it out.
And Mr Jedi, does that offer extend to anyone in England, lol. I'm such a mooch.
Old    hyperlite74            08-09-2004, 12:00 AM Reply   
Hello all
Anyone out there looking for a crew ? I can ride and drive and dont mind payng my way fuel wise !

drop me a line deserteagle357@hotmail.com

Cheers

DM (another kiwi in the UK)
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-09-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Still riding my BA shroom. Have thought about a new board and even tried a few. Still looking.