Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-26-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
So I know there are a million threads about this trick but I wanted to talk specifically about my situation. I used to do these over rollers and such many, many years ago but then got busted up really bad taking them w2w...like busted ribs, eardrums, etc. I hadn't tried them for 5+ years until the end of last summer. Finally, on my last hit of 2006 I landed one w2w!

So I am still working on getting over my fear of that trick, but so far this year I've tried maybe 10 without any hard crashes. I haven't landed any yet but have been very close with just missing the handle pass. So now I just need that little thought or thing to focus on to get them consistent.

So my edge in is VERY light. I get out wide enough where I can just drift in with hardly any edge but still get w2w. I also come in more seated and with the handle much tighter than normal jumps or inverts. I wouldn't say the handle is touching my stomach but my elbows are definitely glued at my sides. I stand very tall at the peak getting a lot of straight up pop and then make a conscious pause before pulling the handle to my back hip to spin. (That was my fear of the trick before because I wouldn't have the handle in tight and would spin off the wake causing me to get pulled over backwards during the spin and eating it badly.) So I spin fine but just don't get the handle in hard enough to reach it with my other hand. I land perfectly but with no handle. I really try to think about pulling with 2 hands and not letting go until I have to with my front hand.

So the easy answer is to pull harder but I was looking for more detail on how tight you keep the handle on approach, on take off, and then when you pull for the pass. I work out and feel that I should be strong enough to pull in hard enough to get the pass but it just isn't there. I don't have any problems pulling in for my TS 3's so I thought it might have been some technique issues. Hopefully I can get some video soon. I watch videos of these skinny kids pulling in with just one hand and getting the pass and I don't understand that since there is so much line tension even on an easy edge.

Thanks!