Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-14-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
All of my dash switch spots are full and being used. where else can I mount a toggle switch and how did you mount it?

thanks
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       05-14-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Ty,
Depends how accessible you want the switch to be… I mounted the three switches for my ballast system to the wall board near the drivers feet. I like having them out of the way. I can turn them on and off with my toe while driving.

I used the same switch that you posted about way back when… and bought a plastic bracket at West Marine that I could fit all three switches into. I then got a piece of aluminum at Lowes designed for a kick panel on a door and cut a piece about 3”x6” off of it. I traced the outline of the switch cluster and used a dremmel tool to cut out a rectangle just the right size for the switches to fit in.

Once I had the switches mounted to the aluminum plate all I had to do was cut a a small hole (square) in the false wall with a jig saw… hold the bracket in place and drill 4 holes in the corners of the aluminum plate all the way through the wall board and then rivet it in place. I used the same size rivets used to hold on a rub rail. (Had to get them at a screw manufacturing company)

I can get a few pics if you want.
Old    river_rider            05-14-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
I never did it when doing my install, but I had planned on mounting it inside the glove box where my stereo is. The toggle switch was going to power the amp running the subs so it was no big deal where it was mounted. If you plan on using it for something like that, there's an idea. It is an easy pplace to drill without having to put a hole in the gelcoat and if you are off on your measurements a little, it wouldn't be out in the open.
Brad
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-14-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Thanks.

jeff,
would love to see the pics. that sounds like what i would like to do. are you going to pedro with ryan for mem. day?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       05-14-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
Who? Where? Nope... I am driving to eastern WA to get Butta on the river. Water is still cold enough to keep the crowds away.

I will get a few pics over the weekend.