Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-31-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
I have always been a fan of Mastercraft (X-45 or X-Star).It seems that down here in S. Texas its MC or Malibu then the cheaper boats. I am looking for a boat 23-24 feet that will be used for wake, surf and family fun.

In my search I came across a 2007 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games with 127 hours and an 8.1

The boat is stupid clean, has full service history etc etc. I really like the way the boat looks, but have no experience with Supra. I dont have any friends with one either, they are all MC people.

Can anyone share some experiences with this boat. Good or bad, just want to hear...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-31-2013, 11:53 AM Reply   
I've spent some time behind 24ssv's .... I really like the interior layout, some people hate it. Fit / Finish of the boat was as good as any other I've been in, wakeboard wake was a good size, I wasn't the biggest fan of the shape (I was use to old 210s / really steep wakes).... different strokes for different folks though.

I never did surf behind it though, but I can't image a boat that big would have a bad wave.

Some wake pics from the one I was one (not 100% sure the weight setup, but it was a little over stock)

Old     (theshop)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-31-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
I've ridden for them all, owned them all, and taught lessons behind them all. If your looking for that 2006-2011 era, then Nautique, Supra, and Malibu. I had both the 22 and 24 ssv in 2007 with the 8.1L (rode for Supra in 05, 07-10). In my opion in has the best wake out of MC and Malibu, I believe the build quality is 100% better than MC, and you can customize your ballast system way easier and cheaper with the Supra. If you are possibly going new than Nautique is #1 by far with Supra coming in a solid 2nd.
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-31-2013, 11:59 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick, appreciate the input
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-31-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
Here are some pics I had quick access to. Supra will be very easy to add additional ballast to. I've heard of people hating the 24 layout but I personally like it.

Another wake pic ......

Then some surf pics ....

Couple 24's side by side .....

Last edited by Supra24; 10-31-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: pic
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-31-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
Boat will be easy to add ballast. Plug an 1100 in each rear locker and you are good to go. That gets you a solid surf wave on both sides and a great wakeboard wake ... all hidden! You may want to upgrade the ballast pumps if you are concerned with filling ballast quickly.

Boat has tons of storage room but not as much walking around room as other boats (less floor space). Playpen bow is probably love it or hate it, I love it. I think the interior fit/finish is up there with the big 3, even back in 2007. Rear lockers will hold a slew of boards.

8.1 is probably overkill but it never hurts to have the power. If you consistently plan on running 2500+ lbs to wakeboard, you may want it.

Any specific questions? I have had mine for 3 or 4 years now and have really enjoyed it.

Last edited by Supra24; 10-31-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: pic
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       10-31-2013, 1:08 PM Reply   
Is it just me or does the nose dive down a bit? I'd be a bit concerned with taking in water over the bow... Does that happen when you guys surf?
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-31-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
The body line def dips towards the front. Imo, it's part of the clean lines that make it look good.

If you are bow heavy, you learn to watch the front. I've taken water over the bow before but if you pay attention it's not too bad.

My guess is that last pic has the front ballast full and the rear close to empty. I say that because I hit fill on the bow the second the boat hits the water. If the rear were heavily weighted, the platform would be more flush with the water.
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-31-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
Ricky, that is good to know. The Supra has extra bags in both lockers, full Kicker/Kenwood system, Roswell tower/boardracks and is mint. It looks like it spent its life on a lift in a boathouse.

Im pretty sure I can get it with the tandem trailer for $42-43,000
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-31-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hey Supra24... Where in Tejas are you? Im in San Antonio

Below is a screen shot of the boat Im looking at.

Last edited by Canuck714; 10-31-2013 at 2:12 PM. Reason: add text
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-31-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
In 2007 they had a terrible ballast system, unless it has been changed by previous owner, it is painfully slow and unreliable. You will more than likely will have issues with it. I had a 2008 22 SSV, honestly the "sprinkler valve" ballast setup is probably the worst on the market. It can be changed over to impeller pumps pretty easily (Supra went to impeller pumps in 2009), but just keep this in mind. The 22 SSV I owned was a good boat, however, I did have issues with the wake staying clean at lower speeds. It was difficult to ride slower than 23 mph without having the port side washed out. Maybe the 24 will be less prone to this. I also did not care for the rear facing seating pushing into the center of the boat, its a funky layout and I much prefer the standard wrap around seating all other boats use. I put 255 hours on my 2008 and overall it was a good boat, I did have some minor issues with vinyl, front bow lights leaking water because of sloped nose, rub rail issues, board racks replaced by roswell (poorly designed), cracked rudder and the ballast system which I ended up tearing out and redoing myself. Supra was good about repairing all of these items other than the ballast which I had to do myself. A pretty solid boat overall, I really liked the rad-a-cage tower, its very well built.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-31-2013, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeko View Post
Is it just me or does the nose dive down a bit? I'd be a bit concerned with taking in water over the bow... Does that happen when you guys surf?
My 2008 always took in water, its very low, especially with front ballast full and people in the bow. I also had issues with water actually leaking through the docking lights because of this.
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-31-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
Zach, the red/white 24 is a buddy of mine. He lives north of Dallas. I'm not in TX.

That price doesn't sound bad. I was considering listing mine close to that and its 1 year older, has more hours, and is the 340.
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-31-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Let me ask the hard question... Is $42-$43000 a decent deal for a 2007 Gravity Edition 24 with 120 hours, fly-hi bags, and an 8.1???

In That price range I have yet to find a Malibu or Mastercraft even close to the condition of this boat.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-31-2013, 4:50 PM Reply   
With that much you could go up to buxton and find a really nice 226',230, or 236 in the 06 range. But if you primarily wakeboard just get a 210
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-31-2013, 5:23 PM Reply   
I think that is a great price. I would expect it to be listed at $46K+ ish... Probably a rare find with those hours and that condition. Excellent color combo and the gravity games boat is loaded!!! Be careful.... Now that you listed the price online you might lose it to someone else. We have seen this happen quite a bit on this site.
If you are worried about the sprinkler system ballast it is easy to switch out. I have had several with that stock system and NEVER had an issue, but I know FMAN and others have. It is slow though. Would be cheap to swap out if you want a faster ballast system.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-31-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
24ssv with an 8.1.....ummm

Sik
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-31-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
Ben,
The 236 didn't come out until 07 and the 230 until 08. An o7 236 with 6.0 liter engine will be around 50k. That supra that the op posted is a great looking boat. Price seems good too with 8.1
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-01-2013, 5:33 AM Reply   
Digg's, I agree with you on the price. I think in the spring that boat could easily retail $46 or more.
The 3 extra fat-sacks sacks are plumbed in and on a switch, I dont know if the factory pumps have been switched, but the install was done by the dealer. Nice clean instal.

I think I might do it... I love the color combo.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-01-2013, 5:57 AM Reply   
That's a great deal - snatch it up before one of the internet sleuths on here does and you end up losing it.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-01-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
I agree. Great deal. Ballast is easy to change or upgrade.
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-26-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
It looks like it is going to happen.... I had conditionally bought an 07 X-Star, but it just didn't compare under inspection! Similar hours, but you could tell that it was not as cared for its whole life... Bunch of little things, but you know that will ad up down the road.

Ill post some pics when I get it home after xmas
Old     (Canuck714)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-27-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Soooooo....... No Supra for us.
I ended up buying a 2008 MasterCraft X45. Should get it shipped home in a couple weeks.