Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jasonmurray12)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-01-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hey. Our Sanger only came with the stock center ballast bag, and I'm going to buy a fat sac package this spring to hopefully amp up our wake a bit this summer. I'm just looking for some opinions on what to get. Would it be to much weight to put 750's in each back locker?

Here are the two packages I'm considering:
http://www.wakemakers.com/direct-dri...t-package.html

http://www.wakemakers.com/direct-dri...t-package.html
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-03-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
I have a v210 and was advised that the 400s would almost completely fill the lockers (with a few inches on top). Since the v215 is bigger I'd go with the 750s even if they won't fill all the way you'd still get more than 400 for sure. I tested a v215 when I was looking for my boat. It had 750s in the back, the stock center ballast, plus another center sac on top and the wake was huge. Not just tall but beefy too.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       05-03-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
This is a right up I did, I love it. Although I already had the fill and drain pumps installed.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774585
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-03-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
I run the 1100 lb sacs in the rear compartments, factory center ballast, and the 1000 lb bow triangle sac. I installed the bennett trim tab kit and had my 911 prop repitched to 9.5 to help run all that weight. The 1100's by no means fill all the way but they are a better fit than the 750's and can hold more weight. I don't always run everything full, but it's nice to have the option. I also have a walkway sac to run in place of the bow triangle sac if we decide we don't want to run heavy that day or have a bunch of people and need the bow area for seating.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
We have 750's in the rear of our V230 and they are perfect. We only fill them about 1/ 2 way for boarding, but will fill one side all the way for surfing. We filled them both all the way and the boat barely planed out.
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-04-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
It depends if your going to surf or just wakeboard. I replaced the hard tanks with the 1100 bags and added a 400 on the floor of the bow plus two 155 pound bricks. For wakeboarding only you will be fine with the 750's but if you are going to surf, go right to the 1100 pound bags.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-04-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
I took both hard tanks out of my V215. I put a 400# sac in the drivers side and have an 1100# sac on the passenger side (for surfing). This is a huge improvement IMO. I originally thought the hard tanks were the way to go, but now with the plumbed in soft sacs, I have WAY more room in the drivers side for storage. The 400# sac does not take up the whole compartment, there is actually quite a bit of room left after it fills.

For wakeboarding, I planned to run the pumps for the same amount of time (`2 minutes = 250#) - but there is plenty of upside if I want it
For surfing, the passenger side compartment fills up COMPLETELY with the 1100# sac. I installed a ball valve on the vent to make sure the whole thing filled up - works great. I also moved the wall against the motor over about 2" to make more room for the sac.

There aresome modifcations needed to make all this work. The back panels of the compartments can be removed (forever). My 1100# side doesnt use one, so the sac fills to the rear as well. On the drivers side, I made a new back panel to constrain the 400# sac, only because I have a remote oil filter mounted back there - if you didnt, you wouldnt need the panel. There are a few exposed bolts and hazards to accomodate, but nothing major.

Overall, i think the switch from hard tanks to fat sacs is a huge improvement.

One more tip: when laying out the empty bags in the locker, to make sure everything is hooked up and placed correctly, put an air mattress inflator into the vent hole and fill the bag up with air in the compartment. Then you can jostle it around and make sure it is perfectly placed. Then let is deflate and you're all set.

I also have the factory 500# in the center front, and an extra 400#'er for placement on seats if desired (using separate Tsunami pump)

Last edited by camassanger; 05-04-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-10-2011, 5:13 PM Reply   
I also made the switch from the 250 lb hard tanks to 750's and love it. Keep in mind though you have to add more weight to the front also if you want to fill them full. We fill the 750's in the back and the stock 500 in the front ski locker and then add another 600-700 in the front. My opinion would be to buy 3 750's: two for the lockers and one to lay across the front seats.