Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-26-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
I have done some searches on here and I hear alot about wet sounds which seem a little pricey. What other setups have people been happy with? I am looking to drop under 500 if I can and want something I can hear while riding. Currently I have no tower speakers and the amp is the original that came with the boat. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Bob,
Wetsounds does offer $500 per pair tower speakers and so does Exile. Your existing in-boat amplifier is probably spoken for in operating the in-boat speakers. And it may not have the power anyway to properly drive tower speakers. I would take a close look at this beforehand. Keep in mind that with another amplifier (if needed) and a new pair of tower speakers you will need some cable and wiring accessories.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-26-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
i just bought 4 pairs of Polk DB651's, im replacing all 6 cabin speakers and the 2 tower speakers, was $59.99/pair on ebay new.

i found a relatively cheap head unit on crutchfield, a Kenwood marine w/ Ipod hookup for like $180 came w/ a wired remote if you want to mount (havent done mine yet)

i'll have pics soon.
Old    mojo            08-27-2010, 12:30 AM Reply   
you wont find any "adapted car speaker" that you can listen to while riding. you might catch a slight glimpse of it once and a while, but there's a reason wet sounds cost so much. there are other companies that make good products too that project far enough to listen to while under way. i've heard decent reviews on the kicker kmt-6. look around and you might find a deal on some.

Last edited by mojo; 08-27-2010 at 12:32 AM.