Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-13-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
I was thinking about a fat sack for my boat for surfing...then realized one of the reasons I bought this boat...was that my old boat I had to fill up fat sacks to ride...(this was in 03) so I have ballast...I'm thinking I simply get a new ballast tanks that would simply hook up t the existing balast pumps for the back(currently its a bag that simply sits under the seat.....maybe customize it...carpet it.....contour it in...make one for the bow as well...has anyone done this???
did you vent it, did you need a bevel plate in the tank so it doesn't swish around???
Feedback...
Pics???
Ideas!
gotta love spring!

(Message edited by sulmaxwell on March 13, 2009)
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-13-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
I build a lot of stainless fuel cells and was thinking the same thing.You could build a back seat and throw some thin cushions on it.
Out of sight out of mind.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
^ Our old direct drive boat had a stainless tank made to slide in under the back/ sides and had a seat mounted on the top.... we could add 1000lbs in the back, and no seating loss... just make sure you pop a hole in the top, make a little vent so when you fill it air can escape
Old     (jasonwm)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-14-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
One other option to consider would be replacing or augmenting your factory bag with another ballast bag. That would give you the flexibility to fill the extra bag when you want the weight, without having to live with a solid tank inside the boat all of the time.