Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-17-2009, 2:01 AM Reply   
f4b-11 model 10-24690-01 to be specific.

here's a url of the specs on the pump.
http://www.aquafax.co.uk/pdfs/Sect10J.pdf
It's ignition proof. Anyone have experience with these pumps or this brand? I am setting up a ballast system and I think I may have a lead on some 1+ inch 12v actuated ball valves mad flow! :-D I already have a lead on some pretty awesome mega flow spring ball check valves if I go with aerator pumps for evacuation.

They also make these monsters! 1600gph
http://www.boatfix.com/shop3/store/listItems.asp?strSearch=189-1600B

I know jabsco is like the de facto but is it worth looking @ other suppliers? The reversible "ballast" pump above is 9-12gpm where the ballast puppy is like 10 and double the johnson's list price.
Old     (xpjim1)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
I looked at prices and the johnson pump discounted price without the switch is 194. Discounted price on the Jabsco is $205 to $220 which includes the switch. Priced about the same to me. The new Jabsco specs is 11gpm per there website.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-17-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I looked at the Johnson's, mostly because of the price difference from the Jabsco's. The big difference between the two is that the Jabsco ballast puppy has an automatic shutoff.

Here's the issue with the Johnson pumps:
You WILL leave your pumps running at least once... With the Johnson pumps, that will leave you with a burnt-up impeller, or worse, needing an entirely new pump. I'm sure there are ways of wiring a relay in to prevent this... but for me, it just makes sense to pay a little more and get the pump that is built specifically for our application.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-17-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
I'm not defending johnson or anything but the site says:

"Capable of pumping fresh or
sea water the pump’s robust design can handle the rigors of
continues duty usage, is reversible, & has a built in thermal overload
for added protection"

My biggest concern is if anyone will carry parts for the things. I will admit the site and branding looks very "offshore"
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-17-2009, 10:46 AM Reply   
I just ordered tsunami pump. They are only $40.00 a piece and pump 1200gph.