Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-06-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
Getting ready to install a new impeller for the season. I usually run Johnson, but have been reading up on the globe 15 min run dry impeller. They seem to be a much better choice, does anyone have any feedback on them? I always put a new impeller in each season, we typically run 100-150 hours per season. The globe seems to be superior to the Johnson.
Old     (lav)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-07-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have no experience with their impellers but have the ballast ones and never had any issues
Ran pumps for 5 mins dry before and still no breakdown prob 4 or 5 years old
They don't get alot of love on here
I have considered trying the impellers just always pick on up local and they stock johnson
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-08-2012, 11:18 PM Reply   
I have one in my old slalom boat. Works great but it's only 2 years old so a rubber one would still probably be working great anyway. I have run it dry a few times for a minute or so but I could not bear running a boat dry for 15 minutes even if that is allowable.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-14-2012, 10:53 PM Reply   
If you replace it every season, I'd put any one in there. They don't fail after one year's worth of use. In terms of running dry, I usually use my boat in water, so not sure what benefit that would have.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-15-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
I switched from a Johnson to a Globe last year. You can tell a difference in the quality of the two.

With the Globe you don't need to replace it every season. Also, think how many times it does run dry for a short bit. Fake-A-Lake not on there good enough. Intake ran dry, and has to suck that dry air through it before it sucks in the water (though that's a pretty short amount of time).