Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
we are not good riders or anything but these clips remind me of summer and days without the worries and stress of school and work. enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbu-Dg8Uaog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlonMNQTPII
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
heres another from a few years back.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=63496 4287
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
what nobody wants to watch em?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
David, more riding less other stuff would be better, but as long as your having fun, it's all good.....
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-18-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
how did you make your underwater cannister?
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
it is a 10 inch long piece of 5 inch diameter pvc. the lens end is a coupler piece with a piece of 1/4 inch plexi sandwiched between the end and the inside lip of the coupler. The open end simply has a rubber end cap with a snake clamp. on the inside the camera is mounted on plate with a flexible arm in the back touching the record button so when you push on the rubber back it presses the record. I dont have pictures right now sorry but i will get some up sometime.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-20-2006, 11:19 PM Reply   
Dude, there was more wakeboarding on the Frosted Flakes commercial then your video. I didn't bother looking at the second one.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-21-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
david have you ever herd of ballast?
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
nice videos david. i like the editing in the first one. looks like my riding in the second video.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-21-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Colby lets see some vids of your riding before you bash his wake that he rips even though its small...
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-21-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
i think of it as a summer video not necessarily a wake specific video.

ballast is that what you call people with butts that look like some specific sporting equipment? like football butt or something. all the shots are from an 05 LSV wake prolly just like yours colby. and sometimes some of our friends dont enjoy it loaded.

sorry its not all about boostin 3 foot wakes and shredding glass but to me everything in the films is wakeboarding. to me at least. the lifestyle is just as important. to me i enjoy the lifestyle stuff in pro vids just as much as the riding.

im lucky to have what i have and everything i have. my friends my family my boat my lake. everything.

thanks for watching
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Enjoyed it - and there's defenitly variety of shots. I noticed the tube in several of the shots (looked like someone was filming?), but didn't see much of those shots in what you posted (i remember one specifically). Any reason? I'm wondering if it just ended up too close to the rider?

Anyway - there's always something to gain from watching another video whether it's gleaning a different shot or other ways to integrate content. Keep it up!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-21-2006, 10:55 PM Reply   
thank you. actually sometimes we just go riding and somebody tubes because they like to watch and yell things at whoever is riding. we only had one camera and now it resides at the bottom of the lake. so yea thats why you see a tube in some. ha. there was more film from the tube but it was actually too far away.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
so...I'm guessing the housing didn't float or someone pulled a 90 degree turn a little too hard???
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-22-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
actually we had the camera screwed to our boat slip to get a time lapse of uncovering loading up and taking off and the screw broke. we had to get the only screws that break under 2lbs of weight. garbage. at least now all of the crew is pitching in for a new vx! actually a good camera.