Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    crzymthr            07-26-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me, are there any good weekend boarding spots on Mead? We'll be launching at Hemenway /LasVegasMarina and I'm sure it will be a zoo in that area.. haven't there in years so I'm clueless.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-26-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
If you get out early and there is no wind you will be OK outta that marina. Your best chances for good water all day is either make the drive, by car or boat, car recomended, to Echo Bay Marina. Its about 40 mi. from LVM.

Or drive the boat thru the narrows and head over towards Temple Bar. That part of lake is always quiet. But if the wind comes up, its a long arse haul back to LVM in an inboard.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       07-26-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Drive an extra hour to the Overton arm. Up the virgin river stretch is nice and not overly crowded. It opens up into a big area that it pretty well wind protected.
Old    crzymthr            07-26-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
Hey, thanks. It sounds like it might be a good idea to talk our friends who are meeting us there into making the longer drive and just stay up in Echo Bay or Overton. Doesn't matter to me, we're just doing a stop over headed north to Powell.
Any ideas on a good place to stay up on the overton arm?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Noonan - It's almost too shallow to ride up there now, I think. Our friend went and scouted it out, cuz we were thinking the same thing.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Hemenway is really shallow right now. Your better off going over to Lake Mead marina or if you have time go to Calville Bay and launch there
Old     (tige_n_it)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2005, 5:53 AM Reply   
I launch at Hemenway everyweek end. No problem. If you are going to stay on the lake for a couple of days drive up to Echo or Overton. You wont be dissappointed. Hemenway is for day trips.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-27-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
If you are gonna go to Powell, then go to the Overton Arm. Its a straighter shot back to I15.

Not to many places to stay. But, Echo Bay marina has hotel rooms, but book early. They are about $100/nite. You could look for a place in Lake Las Vegas, but you are still 30 mi from Echo and its more spendy.