Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-11-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hole in it half the size of the ear drum.... they are going to take a skin graph and put it over the ear drum so it can heal...... and it did not have anything to do with wakeboarding..... I got hit in the ear with a wet vollyball......
Sucks.... even with insurance it's costing right at a grand....
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-11-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
H2O,
And even then to patch an eardrum is tough. My son has had 4 of these Graph surgeries. The first 3 all failed to hold up look slke the 4th is doing well. It is very delicate inside the ear canal so make sure you follow the Dr.'s care directions by the book or you could end up right back in there 6 months later.
Good luck and I hope it heals the first time around
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-12-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
It's not that bad, I've had ear problems since I was a kid. I've had tubes in and out every six to 10 months of my life, and when they were pulling a tube out a year ago they ripped my ear drum and seriously scarred my ear canal. I've had 3 operations to fix it since. The op's hurt and the ear drops suck, but if you follow up with it and take care of it you will be fine.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-13-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
I have had tubes in my ears 2 times.... and reconstructive surgery on the ear drum once. I always wakeboard with an ear plug.... i was at the beach once and jumped into a wave.... and boom... there goes the ear drum..... lame.... Ashly.... did you ever get that Bull Mastiff down here in Alabama?
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-14-2010, 6:08 AM Reply   
My oldest had 3 sets of PE tubes. The last one left a perforation in one ear. We went forever waiting until he was old enough to have it repaired and used plugs anytime we went to the lake or a pool. Before he went off to college, we took him to the ENT and found that it had healed on it's own. Cool! Although it was not as tight as it should be and it has more deflection that the opposite ear.

Good luck with the procedure.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
No I didn't actually, we ended up flooding ourselves with work so it wasn't the right time, did she find a good home? AB looked like such a sweet dog.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-14-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
I have no idea if they did or not....
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-16-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Surgery done this morning. Went well.... it hurts like a mother... but the pain meds work good. Turns out that the doctors are not much of a hair dresser.... They took "a little off the ears" a little too far... about an inch around the ear shaved.... they took the skin graph from above the ear so I have stitches above..... I'm not looking forward to wearing this ear bandage for a full week either....
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-17-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Attached Images