Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Can this be done with the boat on the trailer (205V)? I looked at it the other night and thought maybe I could sneak the old one out. Just thought I'd see if anyone else was successful with trying this.
Old     (pcolajosh)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing. My X-Star (205V) doesn't really have much weight on the front end of the boat. You could probably support the nose easily and take out the old boat buddy.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Why not just grab the correct size wrenches... and next time you are at the lake.. when you launch... it will take you approx 2 minutes to re/re it.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
hehateme,
I had some time at home and if it could be done easily at home in the garage I'd rather do it here than waste valuable water time. Between work, baseball, soccer, school, weather, and all the planets coming into the right alignment, etc., I've hardly got a chance to get on the water this year. Just didn't want to mess around with it when I could be on the water. Looks like this weekend is going to suck too...wind, rain, and severe weather forecasted for Sat and Sun!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Items required: 2 jack stands, 2 short 4x4's, 1 floor jack, 1 short 2x6, and a buddy to help.

Step 1 - lower the tongue jack to the lowest point

Step 2 - position jack stands under the rear of the boat where they have at least 4" of clearance from trailer cross members, put 4x4's between jack stands and boat hull (preferrably under the stringer)

Step 3 - position floor jack with 2x6 between boat and jack under the boat keel forward of center (forward of axles)

Lift boat off trailer about 1" and roll trailer forward.

Alternatively you can do all the lifting with the trailer tongue jack, just block the front of the boat off the ground.

It's easier than it sounds
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
I hear ya.... but honestly.. you will be taking more time when doing it at home..

Before you head to lake... Loosen off the nuts...

Then when you get to the lake... drop boat in lanuch... and then pull old one off.. and out new one on. Will take less than 1-2 minutes.

Where as doing it at home... will take you 1/2 hour or so...
Old     (fast355)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2008, 11:55 AM Reply   
Chaser,

I swapped out mine on my 2004 x-star on the trailer, no problem. Worst case, use a 2x4 with pad on top to prop nose off just a little. Mine was easy to swap in 10 minutes.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Dang, tried the method Tim described. Old one came off easy, new one went on easy. Simple. When lowering the nose of the boat back on the trailer though, the bow eye rubbed on the plastic of the boat buddy and kind of hung up a little and ended up tearing the plastic shroud. My brand new boat buddy now has a tear in the shroud. Dang! Live and learn. Should of listened to HeHateme. If the weather ever clears up around here I'll get the boat to the lake and snap a picture of my new boat buddy thats now torn.

(Message edited by chaser on June 07, 2008)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
Cool... glad it worked out for you...

Just got in from a quick set!!! The lake was butter.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-08-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
HeHateMe, I wouldn't call the exactly working out for me. Re-read my post.