Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-06-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
I've seen some posts about CWB platty sharp edges and just kind of chuckled at them. After starting my holiday weekend Thursday night with stitches in my forearm, I'm a believer.

I swung my arm onto the corner of the board during an awkward fall and cut deep (bone visible). Out 2 weeks in July in Minnesota = frowning.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       07-06-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
bummer man! that sucks! which plat was it?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
I was sitting here reading that saying to myself, "he must have an Absolute". Looked at your profile and there she is!

The other boards in the line don't have edges like the Absolute. Also, it's not a Platinum thing, it's an Absolute thing.
Old    murrayair            07-06-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
I used to ride an Absolute Plat and I cut myself once, too. Not as bad you you did, but it still drew blood. It took me a while to figure out that it was the board that had cut me. I kept thinking that it was a stick or something that I had hit when I crashed.

It's still a great board, though.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-06-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Yeah, Absolute. And you're right, the Transcend Plat isn't like that.

I don't really feel like buying a new board, so I'll probably stay on it for a while. I'll chalk this up to a fluke. If anything close to this happens again, I'll switch up.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-08-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
After Big Heavy guessed my board, and Mark's post, I thought I'd fire an email to CWB telling them my story and here's their response. I'm very impressed with how this is being handled and plan to be a lifer with CWB.

"Hi Jeff

Thank you for the note and your comments about our product. I have not been aware of customers cutting themselves on the edge of the wakeboard and we would like to see the problem. Please return your board to my attention here at the factory. You may have any model board as a replacement. Just let me know what you would like, and the size. We are certainly sorry this happened.

Thanks Jeff"

I wish customer service was this good for all companies.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'll say again. You just will not beat CWB in the customer service area. Not one bit! That is an awesome gesture on their part.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-08-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
I think this can happen with any board with relatively sharp edges near the tip and tail. I don't think they NEED to be that sharp. Friend had few stiches and cut on her CHEEK from a LF Melissa 08 and it's not even THAT sharp compared to some. But much sharper than my Watson.
Old     (derf1956)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-09-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
second the CWB support. I bought a pair of USED, CWB Zuess and wanted to put the recoil strings back on them. I called to order some and they WON'T TAKE MY MONEY ! Shipping them to me free and I emphasized I was willing to pay for them. I have just started riding a Absolute Platinum and will probably stick with CWB}