Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 4:27 AM Reply   
Lets hope Tavon Austin gets back on the field. That ought to be another barn burner in Seattle.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Be very careful when you speak of the Hawks as if they are out of it... Humble pie goes both ways and we've yet to step on the field for a playoff game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Be very careful when you speak of the Hawks as if they are out of it... Humble pie goes both ways and we've yet to step on the field for a playoff game.
But you've already stepped in the BS you have been spreading. I bet that HUMBLE PIE is hard to swallow. Just be glad no one cares about the Seahawks,that way they won't even get a fraction of the press the COWBOYS and Tony Romo got last week. Russell Wilson's fragile little ego couldn't handle it. CRUSHED by the CARDINALS! Now here come the Rams!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
I don't think they're out of it at all. They are absolutely still the team to beat. If I was placing a bet, I'd be betting on them. Just look at history. How many times has a team ever won the SB without losing at least a couple regular season games? But then you also have to ask how many times a team has ever backed into the playoffs and won the SB. IMO this next week against the Rams is critical for the Hawks.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-23-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
But you've already stepped in the BS you have been spreading. I bet that HUMBLE PIE is hard to swallow. Just be glad no one cares about the Seahawks,that way they won't even get a fraction of the press the COWBOYS and Tony Romo got last week. Russell Wilson's fragile little ego couldn't handle it. CRUSHED by the CARDINALS! Now here come the Rams!
I know they say any press is good press, but the Cowboys headline I read on Sunday NFL Countdown read: "A Historic Collapse?" I don't like their odds against the Eagles this Sunday, especially if it comes down to Tony Homo needing to perform in the fourth quarter.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2013, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Be realistic, The Niners squeaked that game out. You and every other Niner fan were sitting on the edge of your seats praying for something big to happen towards the end of the game. Fortunately for the Niners Seattle blew coverage on a big Gore run and they managed to take advantage of a chip shot. A win is a win and I get that but to say that San Fran is in the same league as Seattle is just foolish. I'm also aware that many of you firmly believe there is no possibility of a Seattle fan being objective but the reality is if San Fran managed to get back to Seattle in the playoffs they would get destroyed. Simply put the Niners can not play in Seattle. You'd be hard pressed to find a single objective NFL fan, commentator, odds maker, or even an occasional observer that would pic the Niners to win in Seattle.
I am thinking a tough close game like the 1st half of the first game and both halves of the second game is much more likely.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Well that was a nice kick in the balls. Thanks AZ.
No excuses here. AZ played better and shut down RW and Lynch. Well done.

If the Cards beat the 49ers this Sunday will that knock the 49ers out of the playoffs?? We could see the Saints, 49ers, and Cards all at 11-5 at the end of the year. Crazy to think that at 11-5 you'd miss the playoffs. Ouch.
Old    sperbet            12-23-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
No, unless they lose tonight. Win tonight and they clinch their spot.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
The Falcons are going to get blown out tonight. It's an important game to SF. It's not important to Atlanta. It's MNF. It's likely the last game at Candlestick. I am looking for a big game form KAP, CRAB and the Smith Brothers. We shall see...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
No chance the 49ers lose tonight. Blow out city.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   

I like how the Cards celebrated after beating Seattle. Munching on Skittles.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
It sure didn't look like Marshawn had any Skittles yesterday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
If the niners win out and carolina and seattle lose. The 49ERS will be the #1 seed
if Seattle wins they will be the #1 SEED
If Seattle and SF LOSE and the Panthers win, the panthers will be the #1 seed

IMPORTANT GAMES in week 17!!!!!!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Romo done for the year....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
I just read the news. That makes his last 2 game winning drives just that much more clutch.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
Say what you will about Romo but he's no dummy. Smart move to fake an injury so he won't be blamed for losing to Philly this Sunday.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Say what you will about Romo but he's no dummy. Smart move to fake an injury so he won't be blamed for losing to Philly this Sunday.
Much smarter than Wilson, he chokes at home in front of all his fans.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-p...rancisco-49ers
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2013, 2:29 PM Reply   
Am I the only one who thinks Mariucci is always looking like he is coming off a bender?

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/St...8-bcddaafe85c2
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
It's a herniated disc in his back. Garrett says he's day to day. My guess is Orton will play because it will require surgery to correct it. So Garrett is trying to keep Philly guessing,but they will be chomping at the bit if Orton starts.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
Romo and Lee done for the season. More cowboy wimps! Classic...

Uh oh Hotlanta looking good through half a game. Maybe looking for a little revenge from the playoffs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2013, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Romo and Lee done for the season. More cowboy wimps! Classic...

Uh oh Hotlanta looking good through half a game. Maybe looking for a little revenge from the playoffs.
But the 49ers don't CHOKE in crunch time like the Seahawks!Romo and Lee are twice the man you'll ever be. Seahawks are falling apart,waiting for the Rams to destroy them! Seahawks= Choke Artists
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Crap. Atlanta brought some game! A game in the NFL is rarely easy.
Old     (iwndr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-23-2013, 9:37 PM Reply   
Last Greatest play in Candlestick History! The Pick to Close the Stick!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2013, 11:56 PM Reply   
Man after that first half I'm glad the Niners decided to wake up and play. They almost pulled a Seattle. The game could have easily gone the wrong way though without that pick and they probably would have had around one minute or less to score a TD for a comeback. Whew!!! Now I'm hoping the Cards wore themselves out on Sunday. We'll see...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-24-2013, 12:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
But the 49ers don't CHOKE in crunch time like the Seahawks!Romo and Lee are twice the man you'll ever be. Seahawks are falling apart,waiting for the Rams to destroy them! Seahawks= Choke Artists
Twice the man? Well.... They are two men so....(D'oh!) wanna try that again?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2013, 3:46 AM Reply   
What did we learn this week? When it matters the most some teams are Clutch [ SF.Philly,Dallas,Carolina,Indy,Denver,Pittsburgh,S an Diego,New England and ARIZONA] . On the other hand these teams are unraveling with multiple losses in crunch time[December]. They are as follows Kansas City,Detroit,Chicago and of course SEATTLE losing at home after getting bushwhacked in SF.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
It was a good game last night. I thought the Falcons could pull it out after that onside kick but the Niners rallied and pulled it off. Its gonna be a good game in January at the C link. The wrap up to the regular season is proving to be an exciting one just as it should. I'll say I'm impressed with the NFC West, three teams with 10+ wins is damn good.

Merry Christmas all
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-24-2013, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwndr View Post
The Pick to Close the Stick!
Classic!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
Merry Christmas to all the Smack Talkers out there!!! All i want for Christmas is to see the Rams beat the Seahawks!!! How about you Dave?LOL Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-24-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
The Niners damn near lost one of the most historical games of their existence to a cellar dwellar. Thankfully Santa hooked them up with a miracle. A win is a win is a win and that's all that matters. Their last game should be a barn burner. In the words of the immortal Bobby "they're ripe for the picking"

Robert,

St. Louis fans hide in a little corner until they win. Smack talkers they aren't...

Merry Christmas...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-24-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
As a Hawks fan I can't root for the 49ers but Navarro Bowman is a freaking stud. I'd take him over Willis any day. There is a great E:60 video on YouTube about his family. Good stuff.

I'll leave you with my picks:

Panthers at Falcons: Panthers in a blowout.
Ravens at Bengals: Bengals finally win the NFC North!!!
Texans at Titans: Titans (who cares about this game really?)
Jags at Indy: Colts 2nd string gets some practice.
Jets at Dolphins: Jets end Dolphins chances.
Lions at Vikings: AP runs for 200+ ends the Schwartz era. Lions start looking for the next worst coach.
Skins at Giants: Skins win!!!
Browns at Steelers: Steelers win but it's not enough for the playoffs.
GB at Chicago: With Rogers doing his best Tony Romo and hiding on the sideline. Da Bears win.
Broncos at Oakland: Pony Express rolls Raiders. Manning breaks every record possible and leaves no doubt who the MVP is.
Bills at Pats: Pats in another blowout. Roll into the playoffs ready for battle.
TB at NO: Saints secure playoff spot #5 and head to
SF at AZ: Cards put NFC West on notice by beating the Niners.
KC at SD: SD wins earning the #6 seed.
Rams at Hawks: Hawks punch their ticket to NY by punching the Rams in the mouth.
Eagles at Dallas: If Romo is out Cowboys win, if Romo plays Eagles win. It's that simple.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-24-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
Go Hawks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Merry Christmas to all the Smack Talkers out there!!! All i want for Christmas is to see the Rams beat the Seahawks!!! How about you Dave?LOL Have a Merry Christmas everyone
It says so much about you that "all you want for Christmas" is for the Hawks to lose rather than for the team you claim to root for to win and make the playoffs.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-24-2013, 7:10 PM Reply   
Navarro bowman is a stud? Maybe. But he nearly cost his team the season by not getting down and falling on the ball. Not sure where he planned on running to by merely leaning over and snatching the ball off the ground.
Merry Xmas everyone! C'mon Kyle Orton and Jon kitna!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-24-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Niners damn near lost one of the most historical games of their existence to a cellar dwellar. Thankfully Santa hooked them up with a miracle. A win is a win is a win and that's all that matters. Their last game should be a barn burner. In the words of the immortal Bobby "they're ripe for the picking"

Robert,

St. Louis fans hide in a little corner until they win. Smack talkers they aren't...

Merry Christmas...
Pretty sure they're not gonna do what Seattle did by having such huge egos and thinking they were too big to lose. It'll be a good game for sure but I'm betting they pull it off "by any means necessary".
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
It says so much about you that "all you want for Christmas" is for the Hawks to lose rather than for the team you claim to root for to win and make the playoffs.
It's a Smack talking thread! Looks like my Smack once again got a reply back. You know the Seahawks are shaking in their cleats after Stacy ran wild on them the first game. If he hadn't twisted his ankle prior to their last 4 downs Seattle would have lost that game. Remember The Saint Louis defense shut down Lynch. Once that happens all Russell's magic is gone. He's NOT an Elite QB.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-26-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
It seems the experts still feel the Hawks are on top.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-17
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
It seems the experts still feel the Hawks are on top.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-17
The other experts have Denver #1,Seattle #2,Carolina #3 and 49ers #4, That's NFL.COM.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-26-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
Seattle is going to play out of their ever lovin minds Sunday! All the negative attention this past week is exactly what they need to play their best. It's odd that they seem to need to have their backs against the wall and people doubting them to be properly motivated but that's exactly what they respond to...

San Fran is going to be really interesting to watch. They've been doing just enough to win close games lately but after watching them almost drop earlier this week they look really suspect to me.

Az has been playing really well but they just don't look talented enough to contend in the post season. They're going to be playing their butts off this weekend though looking for that wild card. I wouldn't want to be going into their house Sunday.

Chicago / Green Bay don't really have enough talent to worry about this year. Whomever wins the division will be gone early in the playoffs.

I think all they hype around the Philly / Dallas game is a waste of time. Neither team really matters and neither team is going to get very far in the post season.

New Orleans can't win on they road so they'll be packing their bags early in the post season.

The only team that really concerns me is Carolina. They look a lot like the Hawks and they've been playing damn near as good this season.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-26-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
I am looking forward to this weekend to see how the NFC plays out.

Carolina @ Falcons will be resolved in the morning. Go Falcons. The Carolina defense is awesome. Cam Newton and the reset of the Carolina offense is nothing special.

Bucs @ Saints will be resolved in the afternoon. Go Bucs. But, I don't give the Bucs much of chance since they are playing in New Orleans.

Rams @ Seahawks will be resolved in the afternoon. Go Rams. But, I don't give the Rams much of a chance since the Seahawks are at home with much greater motivation. I also expect Russel Wilson to make a nice recovery.

49ers @ Cardinals will be resolved in the afternoon. Go 49ers. Yes, this will be a telling game. Oddly, the 49er's offense is gaining momentum while the 49er's defense has stumbled. Since week 4, the 49ers have lost just two games by a total of 4 points (Saints at New Orleans by 3; Carolina at home by 1). In every game, the defense has kept them in the game while the offense has sputtered. But, of late, through better play calling, better WR talent and better play by KAP, the offense has improved significantly. So, this game, at Arizona, will be very telling. What 49er offense/defense will show up?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2013, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Seattle is going to play out of their ever lovin minds Sunday! All the negative attention this past week is exactly what they need to play their best. It's odd that they seem to need to have their backs against the wall and people doubting them to be properly motivated but that's exactly what they respond to...

San Fran is going to be really interesting to watch. They've been doing just enough to win close games lately but after watching them almost drop earlier this week they look really suspect to me.

Az has been playing really well but they just don't look talented enough to contend in the post season. They're going to be playing their butts off this weekend though looking for that wild card. I wouldn't want to be going into their house Sunday.

Chicago / Green Bay don't really have enough talent to worry about this year. Whomever wins the division will be gone early in the playoffs.

I think all they hype around the Philly / Dallas game is a waste of time. Neither team really matters and neither team is going to get very far in the post season.

New Orleans can't win on they road so they'll be packing their bags early in the post season.

The only team that really concerns me is Carolina. They look a lot like the Hawks and they've been playing damn near as good this season.
The reason the Seahawks are being doubted is they have LOST 2 out of 3 games in December. Crumble,Fall apart,Choke or Disintegrate whichever you choose the aren't getting it done.The Rams will stop Lynch and Stacy will run wild on the Seahawks defense Again!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2013, 4:01 AM Reply   
I will pick the Week 17games tonight after the official injury reports are out. That way i won't have to caveat if this player plays.Dallas/ Philadelphia game is getting a lot of attention because it's a win or go home game. Also if Dallas wins they will be the only team in the NFC to sweep their division opponents. The Colts are the only team in the AFC with a chance to sweep their division if they beat the Jaguars. I will make some bold predictions tonight.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-27-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
I watch NFL network a bunch and it amazes me how little time they spend on the western teams. I suspect this is because they know their audience. But, this would also cause fewer people in the west to watch.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
You can make the Cowbroads pick now Roberta as Tony Romo is out for sure, placed on IR. They just massively improved their chances of winning that game.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-27-2013, 9:37 AM Reply   
The Ravens played 5 games in December last year. They lost 4 of them... before going on to win it all.

The Seahawks are fine. Nothing has changed. They still control their own destiny and only need one win to take the entire NFC.

Go Hawks.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2013, 2:36 PM Reply   
Week 17 Picks

SUNDAY @ 1:00

CAR @ATL - Panthers on the road.
HOU @ TEN - Titans at home.
CLE @ PIT - Steelers at home. Tomlin stay on his side of the white line on Kickoffs and punts in this game.
WAS @ NYG - Redskins do their best to make the Rams 1st round pick a good one. Giants win at home.
BAL @ CIN - Bengals extinguish Ravens playoff hopes.
JAC @ IND - Colts win at home with balance.
NYJ @ MIA - Dolphins have more reason to win. Jets want to win for Rex. Jets run out of fuel and crash,Dolphins win.
DET @ MIN - A.P. is injured and probably won't play. Fraiser is already gone in the Vikings minds. Detroit wins by default.

SUNDAY @ 4:25

GB @ CHI - Cutler/Rodgers showdown. GB runs Lacy wild on porous Bears D. Packers win the North!
BUF @ NE - Patriots at home.
TB @ NO - Drew Brees plays awesome at home. Saints win.
DEN @ OAK - Raiders won't win.Manning will get the passing record from Brees. Bronco's win on the road.
SF @ ARI - This one could go either way.Should be a hard fought defensive struggle. 49ers pull it out with last minute defensive TO. Become the #1 team in the NFC WEST!
KC @ SD - Chargers have more to play for,KC is locked in. So Chargers take the win at home.
STL @ SEA - This will be a hard fought low scoring Defensive struggle. Rams will have great success running the ball with Zac Stacy.He will get to 1000 yards on the season in this win.In the end Russell Wilson will throw a game losing INTERCEPTION! He will thereafter be known as "CHOKE" WILSON. December Dud of the month!

SUNDAY @ 8:30

PHI @ DAL - Romo will be out,Lee will be out,Ware will be limited with his injuries. After a valiant effort from Kyle Orton and Demarco Murray as well as the banged up defense. They go to overtime and neither team can score so it ends in a tie.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
You can make the Cowbroads pick now Roberta as Tony Romo is out for sure, placed on IR. They just massively improved their chances of winning that game.
Unfortunately for Seattle all they have to count on is "CHOKE WILSON". December dud of the month. 1-3 in December.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2013, 5:17 PM Reply   
There's literally is no bigger choker in the NFL in the month of December than one Tony Romo. He's one big tease, 21-5 in November but 11-15 in December. He basicly sucks in December.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2013, 2:54 AM Reply   
The 49ers and the Chiefs each had 8 players selected to the Pro Bowl. At least we know which teams the Fans and the Experts think has the most talent. Sorry Seattle!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2013, 3:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
The Ravens played 5 games in December last year. They lost 4 of them... before going on to win it all.

The Seahawks are fine. Nothing has changed. They still control their own destiny and only need one win to take the entire NFC.

Go Hawks.
They only needed 1 win last week also! CHOKE!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2013, 4:24 AM Reply   
Russell Wilsons Stats for December 2013
Dec 2 QBR 139.6 COMP 22 ATT 30 Pct. 73.3 Yards 310 TD's 3 Int's. 0 Sacks 1
DEC 8 QBR 81.9 COMP 15 ATT 25 Pct. 60 Yards 199 Td's 1 Int's 1 Sacks 2
DEC 15 QBR 86.3 COMP 18 ATT 27 Pct. 66.7 Yards 206 Td's 1 Int's 1 Sacks 4
DEC 22 QBR *49.6* COMP 11 ATT 27 Pct.*40.7* YARDS *108* Int's 1 Sacks 4
Looks like Russell "CHOKE" Wilson is declining rapidly.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
Stacey running wild on us! He has 7 yards with a half quarter to go.
Old    sperbet            12-29-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Will the 49ers miss the playoffs? Not looking good for them right now. At the Skins, TB, and Cards are three games I could see them losing. Also, don't forget about the Hawks coming to town.
If Rogers returns in the next two weeks GB and Carolina will grab the last two playoff spots.
Solid prediction right here. Well done
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-29-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
Go Hawks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2013, 6:34 PM Reply   
I don't believe that Whiners will be in in GB but gawd I hope they do so we can stick it in their @$$ in two weeks. SEEEEHHAAAAWKS!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Three really close games with last minute heroics from the Niners. I predict their luck is going to run out in the playoffs. Can't be letting teams come back the way they have and and hope to survive in the post season.

Hawks did just as they were supposed to. Dominate defensively and grind it out on the offensive side.

Now to watch the late game to see which pathetic team is going to get in.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2013, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Three really close games with last minute heroics from the Niners. I predict their luck is going to run out in the playoffs. Can't be letting teams come back the way they have and and hope to survive in the post season.

Hawks did just as they were supposed to. Dominate defensively and grind it out on the offensive side.

The 49ers beat a team [Cardinals] at their house. Seattle lost to the same team the week previous.At the previously unbeatable home of the Seawawks the 12th man couldn't even help.Seattle's December record 3-2 with 1 home loss. 49ers December record 5-0.Seattle's Division record 4-2. 49ers Division record 5-1. I think the 49ers are going in to the playoffs with a lot more momentum than the anemic Seattle offense.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-29-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
Here comes the situation that romo would throw a pick. C'mon Orton!

Edit. Nevermind. Fricking Orton too!

Last edited by ttrigo; 12-29-2013 at 8:21 PM. Reason: Effing cowboys blow ass.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2013, 8:24 PM Reply   
Classic Cowbroads schitt show. Orton channels Romo and throws a late pic.

Meanwhile Hawks are the best in the NFC and hold home field advantage throughout! Suck it you jeoulous b!tch
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2013, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Classic Cowbroads schitt show. Orton channels Romo and throws a late pic.

Meanwhile Hawks are the best in the NFC and hold home field advantage throughout! Suck it you jeoulous b!tch
Please go back to first grade and learn how to spell! With a 2 IQ it's a wonder you can tell which team won.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-29-2013, 9:42 PM Reply   
What a way to finish. Seahawks are #1, cowboys choke in typical cowboys fashion. I don't even like the hawks, but it puts a smile on my face to think of how stupid Robert must feel. Ahhhh, life is good.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-29-2013, 9:59 PM Reply   
.... looks like I'll be making the trip to Green Bay in a week. My favorite two teams are the 9ers and Packers, rare I get to see them play, let alone the playoffs.

I'm still thinking we'll see a 49ers v. Broncos Super Bowl.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2013, 11:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't believe that Whiners will be in in GB but gawd I hope they do so we can stick it in their @$$ in two weeks. SEEEEHHAAAAWKS!
Stick it in their a$$? Wanna rephrase that, or come out of the closet? I thought SF was where they kept that type although I have seen the "women" who work for TSA at seatac airport........ They are the counterpart of that stereotype without a doubt.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2013, 11:57 PM Reply   
Quote:

I somewhat (sadly) agree about the Niners comments however, the Hawk game could have gone either way in the first half. After that, the Rams imploded on themselves. I wonder how big the fine is gonna be for the Rams' player who was ejected. What an idiot! Textbook moron. Back to the Niners: they've always been a clutch team. Remember "the catch"? Exciting season now in the NFC. Will anyone have what it takes to stop the momentum of Peyton come SB time? Lastly, the fear of the clink has been greatly reduced thanks to the Cards. I'm pretty sure any team that has to face them in the playoffs will do so now with way more confidence than a month ago. The bubble has been popped. I heard it all the way down in Cali last Sunday. Oops. Almost forgot; your comment about the Niners' last minute heroics should have had a follow up of "the Hawks couldnt even squeak out any last minute heroics of their own when they lost to the Cards IN THEIR OWN FEARSOME HOUSE last week". Seattle fans, remember to check your egos. You're a 2-2 team in the last four games. Hardly worth mouthing off about. On top of that, the teams you beat were crappy teams with losing records. Vegas odds still pick the Hawks though...

Last edited by markj; 12-29-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2013, 12:10 AM Reply   
Today I just noticed that the Hawks have more than a couple of ugly cheerleaders. Who picked this year's squad? Was it Hellen Keller or some of those "female" TSA employees that work at the airport? Sheesh!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2013, 4:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
What a way to finish. Seahawks are #1, cowboys choke in typical cowboys fashion. I don't even like the hawks, but it puts a smile on my face to think of how stupid Robert must feel. Ahhhh, life is good.
Why would i feel stupid? Seahawks were 2-2 in their last 4 games. SF [Who Seattle Fans said would choke] were 5-0 in December. Dallas defense held Philly to 3 points the first match and 22 this time.The "experts said Philly would score at least 34 points.They were in position to win the game with their Backup QB They lost though. What's the difference between them and Seattle losing to SF and then Arizona at home. Dallas is 5-1 in their Division, Seattle is 4-2,SF is 5-1. The Seahawks QB play in December is mediocre at best. I still think Denver will win it all. Peyton Manning is on a roll wiping out the competition. Russell Wilson is a Cling on caught in that liquid tornado going down the pipes quickly. He's headed to a terrible place………………Choke Bowl !

Last edited by cwb4me; 12-30-2013 at 4:49 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-30-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
My biggest concern with the 49ERs is their pass rush. The 49ERs DLINE is giving the opposing QB massive time. Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer could have setup beach chairs in their pockets.

My biggest thrill with the 49ERs is how good KAP has been playing. He is still not perfect, missing guy occasionally. Yet, his ratings are through the roof for the last few games. Having Davis, Boldin and Crabtree as weapons has helped him a ton. Rookie Patton who just returned from having a broken foot had a good confidence boosting game yesterday goo. He had with 3 touches for 60 yards (1 run & 2 passes) and the last touch was clutch.

My only concern with the 49ERs offense is with the play calling. Greg Roman needs to play the defense in front of him -- go with what works instead of going with what they planned. Why did they continue to run up the middle over and over yesterday for 1 yard gains? When the defense has loaded the box with 7 or 8 the up the middle run game is near futile.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Alll teams are at 0-0 as of today.

NFC

San Fran @ GB - Fairy Dust Miracles run out in freezin azz weather against a revenge hungry Rogers. Packers win.

New Orleans @ Philly - Philly doesn't belong. New Orleans shakes the road monkey off their back with a win.

AFC

Chiefs @ Colts - Colts win with home field advantage.

Chargers @ Bengals - End of the road for the Chargers.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-30-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I somewhat (sadly) agree about the Niners comments however, the Hawk game could have gone either way in the first half. After that, the Rams imploded on themselves. I wonder how big the fine is gonna be for the Rams' player who was ejected. What an idiot! Textbook moron. Back to the Niners: they've always been a clutch team. Remember "the catch"? Exciting season now in the NFC. Will anyone have what it takes to stop the momentum of Peyton come SB time? Lastly, the fear of the clink has been greatly reduced thanks to the Cards. I'm pretty sure any team that has to face them in the playoffs will do so now with way more confidence than a month ago. The bubble has been popped. I heard it all the way down in Cali last Sunday. Oops. Almost forgot; your comment about the Niners' last minute heroics should have had a follow up of "the Hawks couldnt even squeak out any last minute heroics of their own when they lost to the Cards IN THEIR OWN FEARSOME HOUSE last week". Seattle fans, remember to check your egos. You're a 2-2 team in the last four games. Hardly worth mouthing off about. On top of that, the teams you beat were crappy teams with losing records. Vegas odds still pick the Hawks though...
The Rams got 13 yards rushing for the entire game. They never had a chance.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2013, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
The Rams got 13 yards rushing for the entire game. They never had a chance.
True but, their defense held the hawks' offense to two field goals in the first half. That by itself was impressive. Especially from a 7-9 team.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Alll teams are at 0-0 as of today.

NFC

San Fran @ GB - Fairy Dust Miracles run out in freezin azz weather against a revenge hungry Rogers. Packers win.

New Orleans @ Philly - Philly doesn't belong. New Orleans shakes the road monkey off their back with a win.

AFC

Chiefs @ Colts - Colts win with home field advantage.

Chargers @ Bengals - End of the road for the Chargers.
Your AFC picks are no brainers but your SF@ GB pick makes me think that it's either a wish list because youre afraid of SF or you need to put down the crack pipe. Fairy dust? Please... You're obviously still butt hurt from losing to that fairy dust. Just admit you're scared of that bicep kissing flat biller.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-30-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Broke down and bought some 9ers v. Packers tickets today.

.... lets hope it warms up a little before then, -15* on my way to work today.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
ROUND 1 PLAYOFF PICKS

NFC

SF @ GB - RODGERS PERFORMED A MIRACLE against Chicago's Defense. HELLO ………….. He's playing SF this week, it won't come so easy. They aren't the worst rushing defense in the league. They also have a better Offense than the Bears. 49ers win on the road.SF 30 GB 28

N.O. @ PHI - This will be a close one. I don't think the Saints will hold the Eagles to 24 points but i do think the Saints will score 38 points and that should be enough. Saints win 38-35

AFC

KC @ IND - This will be a tough hard fought game. Could go either way,so i'll flip a quarter. Heads KC wins 31 -30.

SD @ CIN - This is the toughest game of the week to pick. Neither team plays consistently. I'll pick the Bengals because their at home. 24-17
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-30-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
let me start off by saying that neither team is "my" team, but the Kc SD game was crap. To me, The right thing to do is to bring both teams back out on the field, walk off the penalty and let him try the field goal again. If he makes it, Chargers get to receive a kickoff beginning with 4 seconds. If he misses, the original outcome stands. There doesn't need to be any fans there.....just the teams. Today isn't to late to do this

To many people were affected by the blown no call. And....it wasn't a judgement call, so the precedent isn't that far reaching...

also...The BS time clock mistake in the Dallas game..
I don't know if I was more upset with the time keeper, the refs, or the Dallas sideline for letting that one slide.....complete bull****
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-30-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
let me start off by saying that neither team is "my" team, but the Kc SD game was crap. To me, The right thing to do is to bring both teams back out on the field, walk off the penalty and let him try the field goal again. If he makes it, Chargers get to receive a kickoff beginning with 4 seconds. If he misses, the original outcome stands. There doesn't need to be any fans there.....just the teams. Today isn't to late to do this

To many people were affected by the blown no call. And....it wasn't a judgement call, so the precedent isn't that far reaching...

I don't know if I was more upset with the time keeper, the refs, or the Dallas sideline for letting that one slide.....complete bull****
While I agree that there should have been a flag, and I'm beyond tired of poor officiating affecting games... You can't bring teams back out to re-kick a day later. Wear and tear, mindset, everything is a factor in-game and is obviously different a day later.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2013, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post

The Dallas call is a mute point. They scored a Touchdown on that drive.They may have saved 1:00 minute if the call wasn't blown. Dallas wasn't having the success running the ball in the fourth quarter as they had earlier in the game. Bottom line they didn't execute and the Eagles did.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-30-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
That extra minute could have been the difference in the game. I cant blame the refs for that, but someone on the sidelines, the timekeepers, someone should have been in the ear of the ref before the next play went off. Heck, these players should know the difference between 40 and 25 seconds.
The KC game was bs. Wouldn't the steelers be in the playoffs if KC made that field goal? That's 53 players, plus coaches, businesses negatively affected by terrible officiating. That's a shame.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2013, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Your AFC picks are no brainers but your SF@ GB pick makes me think that it's either a wish list because youre afraid of SF or you need to put down the crack pipe. Fairy dust? Please... You're obviously still butt hurt from losing to that fairy dust. Just admit you're scared of that bicep kissing flat biller.
this...

".... lets hope it warms up a little before then, -15* on my way to work today."

Supposed to be around five degrees this Sunday. Fairy dust doesn't float in air that cold.

I'll stick with my pic.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
Current betting lines

Indy -2.5/kc - 50-50 at the window right now
Phi -2.5/NO - 61% on NO
Cin -7/SD - 64% on Cin
SF -2.5/GB - 69% on SF