Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
So I just finished up a nice long holiday weekend on the lake and after having been in the water for several days and then dragging it home on the highway I notice that she really needs a good cleaning.

I would like to scrub down the hull and wax or buff it but wanted to get some input from you guys? Whats the best way to clean up the hull to keep her bright white?Upload
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
start with a good water spot remover babes makes a good one. wet the boat down spray on the remover let it set a few minutes take a good clean sponge and wipe down. rinse real good then use a boat wash & wax product then finish up with babes boat bright. I do this on my boat and when i'm done she looks great.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hull? Simple wash and wax, if there are water spots use either 50/50 vinegar and water or a spot remover like Babes. Follow up with a wash,cleaner wax then a polish. I just finished up 2 1/2 hours of interior cleaning on mine after the 4th, just the fourth and and I keep mine clean all the time. Woulda been longer but it started sprinkling before I could pull out the steam cleaner for the carpets. Don't neglect the interior so much crap sneaks into the nooks and crannies on these things. Hope you had fun and those that also had fun help you out.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
vacum interior, clean the windshield, Wipe down all the vinyl with some 303.

Just had to do the same thing to my boat after my holiday's last week. Still need to pull it out so I can wash the outside though.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-09-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
I second pdub... Babes cleaning products make maintaining yer boat easier.