Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (happygolly)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hey ya'll been surfing this summer in texas on a 5'6" broadcast. Now thinking about stepin up to a better/cooler board. Been looking at all the different boards on the web and leaning towards the Inland Surfer Blue or The F18 from the Walker project. I am over 40, just cruise on a big wake, and enjoy the rush. Thanks for your input.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-13-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Andrew, were in Texas are you? I have a few boards that you can try out.
Old     (happygolly)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Lake Lewisville, and we are going out later today.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-13-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
The IS Blue and F18 are drastically different boards. I've ridden both and love them both.

I weigh 220 pounds. At that weight the IS blue is as fast as anything I could want. If I could have one and only one IS board I’d get a Yellow. For me its every bit as fast down the line as the Blue but it carves faster. I think that the Blue is a really good intermediate board for many riders.

The F18 that I rode was too small for me. After several different wakesurf outings on the F18 I slowed the boat down to 9 mph. At 9 mph I could comfortably ride the F18. At that speed I figured out what that board is all about. It’s not Cadillac cruise it’s a race car on a twisty road. Mike Walker can custom build an F18 to meet your needs. If I ordered one I’d have him build it a little larger than the one I demoed.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-14-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
Andrew, I am in Houston let me know if you make it down this way.
Old     (happygolly)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-17-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input, decided to go crazy and get a custom walker project F18 board, ordered it yesterday. Will give update on board when it arrives.