Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-18-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
I'm wondering what folks have in mind for their surf specific dream boat. I'm thinking more "function" oriented than "aesthetics"...

For example, I would love it if my boat came with the option for factory installed Tsunami pumps and the larger tubing for faster fill up.

What ideas do you have for the ultimate surf boat?
Old    atloutbackv            10-18-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
a tanker.... thats what i used to surf in tampa bay... wait till a roller hits a spoil bank outside the channel......
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
A boat capable of producing a solid shoulder to head high plus wave that would throw a barrel. Something you may have to go offshore to ride so not to swamp other boats and cause shoreline erosion.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
1) A boat that makes equally good regular and darkside wakes.
2) Quick, easy painless change up from regular, goofy, and wakeboard configurations
3) No fuss ballast system that doesn’t let water leak into the boat
4) A tower that includes a bimini and surf board storage
5) Dual or triple high volume bilge pump – just in case
6) Good size wake but a nice long pocket
7) Plenty of room for crew
8) I don’t think I’d spend money on tower speakers but I’d have them on the dream boat
9) iPod port
10) Built in video audio recording and FM transmit
11) Crew supplied by Huge Heffner
12) A wake that disputes to nothing within 50 feet – science fiction.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-18-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ed, how do you know Heff is huge?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Educated guess? Dang spell checker doen't tell when when I used the correct word in the wrong place:-)
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
Also doen't work on the word doesn't.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Dang it
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       10-18-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
I've always wanted to build one out of a 27' center consol fiberglass fishing boat

They have a deep V and there's a ton just laying around in WA that can be had for cheap.

27’ is about max trailer-able size

Convert to direct drive with a solid reverse gear in the tranny so you could just switch the prop to run counter rotation.

Open deck so that its easy to have people and ballast on one side. Plus more room for dance parties.

Smooth out the chine’s as it seem that boats with smoother side to hull transitions have a smoother wave

Trim tab’s on both sides of the V not in the middle, seems as it could help create optimal list angles

High gunwale’s so you can increase weight and list with out dipping the rail.

Retractable swim platform so it doesn’t mess up the wave

Engine driven electric clutch operated ballast pumps (good for 2750gph)

Keep it docked in south Puget Sound where slips are cheap, and the water is flat and warm. Wave size would be no problem

run on bio diesel