Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    boardman74            08-12-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
Any information on the above boat would be great. Am really curious about how the wake is and how much weight is needed. Thanks
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2004, 2:07 AM Reply   
I have ridden behind one of these and the wake was quite small when loaded with a couple of fat sacs. One problem being the rear is very low in the water and too much loading could cause water to come over the rear.
I'd say the wake of a similar year mastercraft 190 is better and of course we all know that a similar year nautique will have a much better wake.
If you can get one of the other supras from the same year marauder, mariah, saltare etc then thesed are bigger and can take a lot more loading.

Jay
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-16-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
I had an '84 supra comp ts6m...Very low to the water in the back, had maybe 300 lbs of sand and 400 lbs of people and the wake was tiny... Probably one of the best slalom skiing boats around as far as wake is concerned, however I'd stay away from it for wakeboarding purposes.
Old    powaman            08-16-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
I rode behind a guys I know, and with a 650 lb fat sack in the rear it threw a beauitful wake. He can do tantrums and stuff, althougth I can do only like grabs and stuff after getting used to my I/O's wake his wake scared the me. But yes they are rather low sitting boats, but we never had a problem.