Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-24-2018, 9:17 AM Reply   
Looking at getting some new bindings but havent been keeping up on the latest trends like i used to. I currently have 2012 ronix cells. One of the lace holders broke. Sadly i need to replace them.

I have an older obrien wakeboard with what i consider traditional screw holes. Do most bindings today fit that setup or does that limit my choices? I love my wakeboard and dont plan to replace it until i have to.

With that said please recommend some bindings for me to look at. For as much as we wakeboard these days i would be after a good deal and not 2018 gear.

what are the best online shops these days? The ones i used to use boardstop and wakeside dont seem to be around anymore.

Last edited by tings00; 05-24-2018 at 9:20 AM. Reason: add
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       05-24-2018, 3:40 PM Reply   
Honestly you can’t go wrong with Ronix bindings in my opinion that being said if you ride cable they might not be the best in terms of detachable liners or boots.

Bakes marine is a great place to order from granted I do work there during summers when I’m not at school. Do you like a stiffer boot? The cell was one of their stiffest boots. The code series boot is defiantly a stiff boot and the ONE boot is a step below but still very supportive.

As for the hardware question should just be a matter of buying the standard bolts instead of metric ones that come with the boots.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2018, 6:20 PM Reply   
Slingshot, blemboard.com
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2018, 7:30 PM Reply   
I would normally recommend Boardco.com as a source but beware...I just purchased a brand new 2018 $500+ board at full retail and they shipped me a scuffed up store demo with no packaging and missing the proprietary binding mounting hardware for the Liquid Fore track system. I was PIZZED! Jackwaggons.
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-02-2018, 12:41 AM Reply   
Blemboard and evo are both solid sources. Also, just searching Amazon and catching a pair in your size when a retailer throws them up will get you a solid deal. I would stick with Ronix if you liked them, they are definitely heads and shoulders above the competition with their upper tier bindings. When my Ones broke this year I was considering a pair of Slingshot KTV or shredtown on blemboard but found a pair of Franks for the same price on Amazon and love them.