Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mbtownend)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-22-2016, 5:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has seen or ridden this thing? it's a little intriguing, especially the price.. who else is interested in this thing? if you've ridden it let me know, thanks!

http://heydayinboards.com/
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-23-2016, 5:21 AM Reply   
You just opened a can of worms. It tends to get a lot of hate. I personally have nothing against it if it is what you like. My only problem is that for the same price point, you could buy a decent used wake boat and probably have a better wake and more seating room, storage, etc. The center console position is also weird to me. seems it would be harder to slightly turn to see the rider. Plus nowhere to put a rear view mirror. Honestly, to me, the only logical reason to buy this boat, would be if you live on a lake that has any type of restrictions on lengths of boats allowed on the water (specifically "under 20 feet long").
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2016, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Honestly, to me, the only logical reason to buy this boat, would be if you live on a lake that has any type of restrictions on lengths of boats allowed on the water (specifically "under 20 feet long").
Agreed. If I'm looking for a cheaper boat I can't see how this is a better option than the Moomba Helix.... unless I need <20'
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-23-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
I have heard that it performs well in terms of wake, but I just don't think the seating would work well. And the engine box looks awful to work in.

For $40k you can get a NICE used Axis A20 with a couple hundred hours.
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-23-2016, 3:42 PM Reply   
I bought one back at the end of march and love it so far. I ride on the river a lot and it fits 5 comfortably. I love how it has no carpet and minimal interior pieces. It is super easy to clean up at the end of the weekend. A lot of people in our crew all have boats so we typically roll about 3-6 deep in each boat. I like how it still has mechanical switches so you dont rely on a screen for controls. It has under the floor ballast. The front storage is actually very big and I also have the engine tray storage. In the front storage I have a subwoofer box, 200 pounds of led, anchor, life jacket brick, 2 surfboards, 4 bumpers, tie up ropes, and still have some room to spare. In the engine storage tray I keep riding vests, wakeboard and surf ropes, and peoples bags they may bring. I keep a cooler behind the drivers seat. People tell me it feels a lot more roomy than it looks and almost everyone that gets in it is impressed. If there is just 2 of us in the boat I fill the stock ballast and put a 600 sack on each of the driver. When the rider cuts out you feel no pull on the boat. The engine feels real peppy being in a smaller boat with 350hp. In real choppy water it cruises good around 22 mph but anything more and it porpoises. The stock mirror is also cheesy so I took it off. So far I am happy with it
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-23-2016, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmaster891 View Post
I bought one back at the end of march and love it so far. I ride on the river a lot and it fits 5 comfortably. I love how it has no carpet and minimal interior pieces. It is super easy to clean up at the end of the weekend. A lot of people in our crew all have boats so we typically roll about 3-6 deep in each boat. I like how it still has mechanical switches so you dont rely on a screen for controls. It has under the floor ballast. The front storage is actually very big and I also have the engine tray storage. In the front storage I have a subwoofer box, 200 pounds of led, anchor, life jacket brick, 2 surfboards, 4 bumpers, tie up ropes, and still have some room to spare. In the engine storage tray I keep riding vests, wakeboard and surf ropes, and peoples bags they may bring. I keep a cooler behind the drivers seat. People tell me it feels a lot more roomy than it looks and almost everyone that gets in it is impressed. If there is just 2 of us in the boat I fill the stock ballast and put a 600 sack on each of the driver. When the rider cuts out you feel no pull on the boat. The engine feels real peppy being in a smaller boat with 350hp. In real choppy water it cruises good around 22 mph but anything more and it porpoises. The stock mirror is also cheesy so I took it off. So far I am happy with it
Thanks for the review, I was hoping one would pop up soon. Like the delivery or hate it, more budget oriented wake boats aren't a bad thing.

Any pictures of it in action?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-24-2016, 3:23 AM Reply   
Nice! Glad to hear people are enjoying them.

I'm all for this boat, I think it's a great idea. It's not exactly how I would have gone about executing it, but the concept is there. I had a long discussion with the rep about why a center console is a bad idea for a wakeboard boat, and he listened, so we will see if they make changes going further

What's the wake like?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       06-24-2016, 5:17 AM Reply   
I don't have any hands on experience, but I like the idea of a affordable boat that comes with factory warranties. I can also see the appeal in making new boat to compete with the used market. What I don't like is that it is < 20'. It seems the new market is all bigger so I would think at least a 21' boat would do better.
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-30-2016, 5:39 PM Reply   
For pics in action yall can check out my instagram lawmaster891
The wake is real nice for what it is. The wake is much wider at 70 feet on stock ballast than what I am used to. So with stock ballast I ride at 60-65 ft at 22.5 mph. With the 600 sacks on each side of the driver I can comfortably ride at 70 ft. The wake kind of reminds me of a smaller xstar wake. I will try and start uploading more instagram pictures of me wakeboarding behind it. I wakeboard with a bunch of people on the river but it has been flooded so I have been out with some other friends on the lake that are more surf oriented. I have mainly been wakeboarding in the mornings with one other rider so it has been difficult to get more pics riding lately.