Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nwcoast2cascade)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2018, 1:02 PM Reply   
This is the time of year to take a wakeboard trip to get a head start on the season! Have you taken a wakeboard trip to a camp, resort or new cable park in the past couple years? If so, where and how did you like it?

If you have pics or a video from a trip you took, share it here!

Here is a video I just put together from a trip to Cancun to ride at Club Med and the new Mayan Water Complex.

Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       01-08-2018, 2:44 PM Reply   
That Mayan Watersport park looks fun and warm.

I've been to The Boarding School in Orlando, which was a blast. The accommodations are comfy and right on the lake. It's all private so pretty much glass 24/7. I'd go again. I think they have the brand new Xstar now too.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2018, 7:12 AM Reply   
Nice riding....especially on a wake that looked no more than about 12' tall.

Best camp experience I've had was West Coast Camps in California. Mike Schwenne's coaching methodology is the best that I have seen. The accommodations are a houseboat so you're on the water 24x7 for 5 days.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-09-2018, 1:01 PM Reply   
Ughhhhhh that Roll to Revert edge catch! OUCH! Man I would say you are in the running for the 2017 Award for Hardest Shredding on a Tiny Wake!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-09-2018, 1:47 PM Reply   
My go to was always O-Town Watersports. Spent a few weeks over the years riding with Glen Fletcher and his associate coaches.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-16-2018, 3:57 PM Reply   
Costa Rica maybe?
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-17-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
Danny Harf and Parks have a school. Last year we went and rode with Danny Harf and Bob Sichel behind his G23. Danny even gave my son his contest bid from the nautilus games that was going on that weekend that he needed (he was like “I’ll just borrow one from someone”). It was the best Florida experience I could have imagined. Riding with a legend on a lake where wakeboard history was made, ya, it was awesome.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-17-2018, 2:12 PM Reply   
We just hit up rad water park in punta Cana today. It is a pretty awesome setup and great employees. My wife was new to the cable and had trouble starting. They worked with her and even took her over to the 2.0 system to get her going. I'd definitely recommend a trip if you come to punta Cana.
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       01-18-2018, 7:33 AM Reply   
Going with my daughter to Freedom Wake Park this spring, Tarah and Cobe Mikacich, looking forward to it, especially this time of year where we have 8" of snow on the ground, 45 days or so and counting!!
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-18-2018, 11:28 AM Reply   
My daughter spent a couple of weeks a summer with Cobe and Tarah several years ago. She is still close with Tarah and she first met her when she was 7. That was 11 years ago. You will not meet nicer people or have a better experience.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-18-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
We sent our 9 year old to O'Town two or three times this past summer (for about 2 weeks total). He absolutely loved it. Fletcher and his group of pros that ride down there are awesome when it comes to training and helping... especially with kids. Lots of our friends go to Freedom and highly recommend it as well.
Attached Images

Old     (Surfer101)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-21-2018, 12:18 AM Reply   
I usually try and find places to get out and surf when on vacation. Orlando went out with Tara at freedom wake park, awesome people! In Dallas I went out with dfw surf on their brand new 22vlx, really took my riding to the next level and had a blast.

In March I’m going to Costa Rica for a wakesurf training camp with Dominic lagace, which should be an absolute blast!