Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    newc048            05-22-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Just installed the clarion eq everyone uses yesterday and in the near future will be installing a head unit that will transom and bow wired remotes.

From what I hear you are supposed to adjust the volume through the EQ, but that defeats the purpose and point of the wired remotes.

What is the best way to set this up to still be able to use the wired remotes when hanging on the beach and in the coves?

Any help here is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old    newc048            05-22-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Also just found that Alpine sells a wireless waterproof remote. Has anyone used this before? Does it have to be mounted in the boat or could I carry it around with me to change the song. Curious if its like a normal remote and needs to be aimed in direct sight to the head unit.

http://www.abt.com/product/48885/Alp...mpaign=froogle

Just trying to find the best options here for setting up my EQ with a good transom remote, or wireless remote (preferred if able to carry wherever with me)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
Leave the volume on the eq alone, use the head unit.

The Alpine remote works okay
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
^^^^This. Just set the volume on the EQ to Max (not necessarily all the way up but Max for your system) and adjust the volume on the stereo. Remember you can adjust the volume from any source with one I.e. your iPod, phone, eq, HU...

You need an RF remote to do what your talking about. There is a water proof one you can get but the name escapes me. Hopefully someone will chime in with the name.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Check this out. Might be what you're after http://www.rocktheboataudio.com/html/51826.html
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2012, 8:58 PM Reply   
Alpine makes an RF wireless remote. I'm installing one in a pontoon this week, I'll post the results when it's done.
Old    newc048            05-24-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Thank you guys for all the help. I'm going to be tuning the system in the with new EQ tonight.

John, please let me know how you like the Alpine RF remote, definitely interested in getting some sort of RF remote over a wired transom remote.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-24-2012, 7:43 PM Reply   
That Alpine remote sucks.... I powered the stereo up today and the remote would work about 2 out of 15 presses. The stock remote works better. This was with a CDA-9886M. I feel bad selling it now.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-25-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
John,
That has not been our experience with those remote controls. Worked pretty good. But there are a few things to do and not to do. Give me a call.
David
Earmark Marine
Old     (lenmann)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
David,

Any chance you could post those tips on the Alpine RF remote? I have had similar challenges on my RV.
Thanks,

Len
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-25-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
David, I don't have your number any more....

I rearranged the antenna and receiver harness, but I also realized that you have to hold the button down for a second or 2 before it works. That's similar to the MC2 from what I remember.

I did get it working better, but its still aggravating because you have to press the button so long that when it finally works, you've pressed it too long. If you were turning the volume up, you've probably overdone it.