Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-10-2018, 7:57 AM Reply   
Any one have any recommendations on how to get glued plug n play plugs out of fly high ballasts? I tried heating them up with a hair dryer but those suckers arent moving!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-10-2018, 11:42 AM Reply   
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpW_x9MeAQo
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2018, 4:44 PM Reply   
I had to heat mine up with a hairdryer for a long time then use channel locks to twist them off. I stood on the bag to hold it too.
Old     (cal2vin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-10-2018, 8:47 PM Reply   
Used a hairdryer for a 30 minutes and still was struggling. Moved to heat gun. Removed 4 fittings in 10 min. Skip the hair drying move to heat gun. Cheap Wagner one at Lowe’s is what I used. Much easier.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-11-2018, 7:24 AM Reply   
I followed what that video showed after leaving a hair dryer on it for 10 minutes and they popped right out. That said I had used hair dryer for 10 minutes and a channel lock before and it didnt move at all. You could see it roughed up the bag a little bit but thread right back in without issues.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-14-2018, 4:09 PM Reply   
heat gun from harbor freight