Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ok, I am wondering how well is your switch riding? I think we forget about it. Just think if you could do all the tricks you do now switch also. This is my new goal for next season I am spending the whole winter riding switch till spring. Then I will start learning all my reg tricks switch. (My crew hold me to this)
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2005, 10:54 AM Reply   
My toe side switch riding sux, but I try hard to learn all my tricks switch after I learn them regular. Some tricks (roll to revert/half cab roll for example) even might feel easier from switch once you get the hang of it.
Put in the time. It will help your regular riding too.
B
Old    wakeboardn4life            01-19-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
i ride goofy on a skateboard and regular on a wakeboard its so weird and i have no clue why i do so im pretty good at riding switch on a wakeboard naturaly when i wakeboard i ride left foot forward and on a skateboard i ride right foot foward becuz my right foot is my heavy foot or my foot i put all my weight on i guess you could say

(Message edited by wakeboardn4life on January 19, 2005)
Old    wakegal02            01-19-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
WoW! It's great to know that I'm not the only one like that. I thought I was weird or something Clay I'm the exact way. I'm just a beginner so all I can pretty much do are 180's but I can do all 4, heelside and toeside for both normal and switch. I've found that my switch 180's are sometimes better than my normal stance (goofy)kinda what Brad said but I don't know cause 180's aren't too technical so it may be different. I'm not sure how it all works but goofy and regular riding are pretty much equal on a wakeboard but when it comes to snowboarding I can't ride regular worth a darn. Squid, that sounds like it will really improve your switch riding but I don't know how much fun it would be, remember wakeboarding is fun not work. What I do for my switch riding is I make sure that I ride switch at least part of my set if not just as much as I do normal riding, but w/e it's just my opinion do what works best for you.
Old    wakeboardn4life            01-19-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
yeah my ollie half cabs are alot better than my regulars ollie 180's is weird and i have no problem landing switch
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
Jen,it will be fun for me. Not to brag I have a been riding for 10 years and have a big list of tricks. Sometimes I pull stuff out that my crew didn't even know I had. I have been slowy getting burnt out on riding for the last two years that it dosn't matter if I ride or not. But last weekend I just rode switch and it brought the fun back in to it. Sounds stupid but I landed a switch ts grab. It was like landing my first raily all over again. I am so happy now that the stoke to ride is back.
Old    wakegal02            01-19-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
Squid that is very good to hear, now you have a whole new road to go down in wakeboarding. I pretty much know how you feel because I have played hockey since I was 5 and it's kinda boring(how can that be some people may think, but it is)so I'm getting more involved with wakeboarding so I can always enjoy both. I guess you just gotta mix things up a bit every now and then.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-19-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
what squid failed to tell you guys is that he can ride switch, and ride switch well! he's a sick rider, but will never admit it!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
My switch riding still isn't as good as my first season regular riding but it's getting better. I've done a w2w jump and can do a switch 180 one wake, and a half cab two wakes (Don't ask ts should be harder I know), and I just started doing regular ts one wake jumps.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Joe, but I want learn switch ts strong so that way I can have every spin I know switch and the Famous Frantrum switch. BTW when you come up again hit me up for a pull. Oh ya Joe I think I found my board I am on a Fish
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
How's the Fish ride compared to the Substance?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
Jeff, Its faster to the wake and seems a not as loose. If you ever rode a super squirt its a 2005 super squirt. That was the only board I rode for years till I blew my knee and couldn't take the landings. I would say give it a try.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-20-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
I rode the squirt 128 98 once and that's it. I picked up the Substance last year (finally upgraded my 98 Bestboard) and I've been very happy with it. I also rode a trip a few times. I found the substance to be faster, more responsive, and not as loose in comparison to the trip.

I also had the chance to demo some Hyperlite boards and from that experience I didn't like the Premier at at all but the TFD was an awesome board. I found it to have all the perks of the Substance but to be slightly quicker in the transition phase, maybe a little more loose, with a similar but slightly different release.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-20-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
squid i'll hold you to that...if we ever ride, that is...

and i'll ride switch right along with ya...
Old    dukeboy            01-20-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Squidy's or gramps is the board test king! Joe's right, he rides switch really well...however, I hold him to his switch riding as long as you [Squidy] help me build a slider. Squidy is a Jack of all trades and a Master of just about everything!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-20-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
Haha Jesse, where in the heck have you been. I will help you build a slider as long as you don't let kyle break it this time. Those were the days.