Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2005, 3:25 PM Reply   
Well it's that time of year again when the NWHC have to get used to the idea that we will no longer have the lake to ourselves. I have a few suggestions that anyone who frequents the lake in the summer could help me pass along.

1 - No F##CKING POWERTURNS. When a rider goes down there is no reason to whip your 3k boat around at full speed to pick him up. This behavior will screw up the water faster than anything out there.

2 - If you kayak, keep your A## inside the no wake buoy's. You have more usable space around the circumference of the lake than anyone else on it. Kayaker's do not belong out in the middle of the lake, and are almost impossible to see.

3 - When driving, keep your eyes on the water in front of you. Nothing is more dangerous than a driver with his or her head turned while watching the rider they are pulling.

4 - Have your boat ready prior to backing down to launch. Nobody should have to wait while your screwing with all of your gear, and or trying to figure out why your boat won't start from when you put it away last fall.

5 - If your wife, girlfriend, or buddy can't back a trailer, don't put them behind the wheel of your truck. Watching someone who can't back a trailer get orders barked at them at a busy launch is no way to learn.

6 - Wait your turn on the butter. If you come upon someone who's riding a nice bit of calm water, don't rip passed and cut their path off.

7 - Keep your tunes at a decent level while in the launch area. Nobody thinks it's cool if you've got your stereo cranked defining others who are trying to launch.

These are just some pet peeves of mine when the fair weather boaters start to hit the lake. If we all take a couple of minutes to educate those who don't know any better, the lake is a nicer place to ride for everyone.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
AMEN TO THAT!!!

I see WAY too many idiots out on the water and launch doing exactly what they should not be doing and thinking nothing of it. What I really hate is when you get a major ass who thinks it's ok to back down in the middle of the launch and power his boat up onto the trailer which just pisses off everyone else on the launch who have their boats being bashed up against the dock. Everyone should have to take a course on how to not be an idiot prior to being allowed to drive a boat.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-10-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Cliff - you leftout anything about the bass boats or the PWC...any suggestions for them?
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
Someone is a little testy all of a sudden.

I thought I heard you had the music crankin the other day.

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-11-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
Hey Cliff, you also forgot to mention people who thurf on butter.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-15-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
We need to educate the people that launch in the pickup lanes and pickup in the launch lanes. GRRRRRR! Then again Mercer launch or Laci's lift don't have those problems.