Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jbemis)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-31-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
Jacob and Jeff have been working for a month straight to get this rail in for the new year. A few of us got to try it out when they got done putting it in today. Pretty sick. Come check it out Jan. 2nd when OWC opens from holiday break.Upload
Upload
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-01-2010, 5:21 AM Reply   
sick, what is that feature replacing?
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-01-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
are there any better pictures of the area where it seems to be like a bi level or something???......but looks really sweet cant wait to go to owc
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-01-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
"thats a huge b*tch".... see ya tomorrow sweetie ;)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-01-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
It's located where the "Big White" kicker was. Is Big White still on the water? Supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow but maybe I can gather up the cojones to go out.
Old    sdahockey21            01-01-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
where did big white move to?
Old     (jbemis)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-01-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
Big white is going to be after new rail, sorry photos are not that good, its a roof top that has lower ramp sides. Both sides are the same, front and back. The higher roof top rail is a different angle than the lower ramps. The brown on ramp is plexie glass.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       01-01-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
I dont see the boat or the led lights... looking sick tho! cant wait to hit it!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-02-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
went and saw her....too steep. lame.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-04-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
looks questionable but i'm sure it could be fun.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
The only thing that was pretty cool is you can hit the far side and transfer onto the center spine... but honestly its way too steep. You have to give a little pop at least 5 feet before the peak to get a good hit on the down rail, and its still a super short and steep down rail. Whatever, its fun because its new but there are a million cooler things they could have done with what the put into that thing.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-04-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
did not enjoy it one bit, sorry. the materials and man hours could have been used for something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more enojyable.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-04-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Now you guys have my curiosity up. But I won't be on the water at OWC until the temp hit 70.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       01-05-2010, 5:45 AM Reply   
ODUB SUCKS NOW. RENEE NEEDS TO GET IT TOGETHER FOR SURE. I HAVE FRIENDS FROM ORLANDO THAT TRAVEL THE DISTANCE TO HIT UP MCCORMICKS JUST BECAUSE THE RAILS ARE BETTER.....
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-05-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Tampa is our new destination of choice as well. We've stayed in Orlando for 3 years now and our last 2 trips and our next planned trip are McCormicks bound. Its a shame too, because the nightlife is so much better in Orlando :-) If McCormicks could get their cable tighter to avoid getting yanked off your line when someone behind or infront of you is edging out, and throw in a couple of hot showers... we'd never leave that place!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-05-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
F YEAH! I cant wait!
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-05-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Yay McCormicks! Anyways we're equalizing today because our new cable we put up gets loose over time, as for the hot showers I think mike is going to want to put other things in first homie! Can't wait for yall to come back! Mi casa está siempre abierta!!!!
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-05-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
oh so there's a boat under there? from owc website... "we will finally reveal what really makes this rail so unique and definitely unlike anything else you've ever hit before!" I hate to break it to nautique and owc but malibu, mastercraft, (and maybe even supra and the ford ranger) have built rails over boats already. maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's a dance club or something under there!

it's crazy that odub, being around as long as they have and with the reputation they have, would make that big of a rail that isn't really fun.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-05-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
I love you Dickey :-) Thanks again brodeo!!! Prolly gonna see you next weekend... looks like we are coming to shred and party again.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-07-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
I think Odub needs to make the current "slider" lake into the skiing/kneeboard lake and make the bigger one into the rail/kicker park... the other one is just getting to small/cramped...

then again that long hike would blooooow
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-07-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
Nick the other cable isn't tight enough because it is so long. You notice how it droops in the center? The walk would definitely be awful too. No one would do anything on the other side of the lake. When O-Dub first opened all they had was the ski ramp on the other side of the big lake and the walk from there was awful.
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-07-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
ok slider cable becomes ski /knee board and air raley cable then the current ski /kneeboard cable gets piled in with ramps and owc installs one of disneys monorails....or like cwc have the truck with seats in the back that drives around and brings people to the motor tower when they fall!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-07-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
People that throw air tricks like sliders too. I would be really sad if they put the sliders on the big cable. The big cable is also subject to the prevailing easterly winds, which makes the water real choppy.
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-07-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
yeah well i was kidding seeing as how i suggested that they put a monorail in...i wonder how much a monorail costs???
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-08-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Well I would assume that they made like the ones used in comps? maybe your just no used to something like that style?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Well, what was under there? The "reveal" was last Friday?
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
A Super Air Nautique

here is a pic http://www.nautiques.com/blog/index/nautique-slider-at-owc

also saw a bunch of pics somewhere else but not sure where...

oops here they were on wakeboarding mag website...
http://wakeboardingmag.com/features/2010/01/26/photos-nautique-boat-anchors-new-owc-rail/
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-27-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
And the award for "the coolest feature that does absolutely nothing new or original for the rider" goes to...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
The lit up tower looked awesome.
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-28-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
What's up Bemis... good to here you guys are getting some new stuff in ...
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       02-01-2010, 6:18 AM Reply   
heres a few shots of the new obstacle!

more coming soon!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       02-01-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
IM ON BOARD WITH WILCOX. THIS THING IS RETARDED. HONESTLY BESIDES THE MEDIA HYPE WHAT DOES IT BRING THAT MCCORMICKS DOESNT? ITS AN OVERSIZED ROOF TOP....SORT OF. THIS DOESNT GRAB MY ATTENTION OR SPARK MY INTEREST ENOUGH TO MAKE THE 20 MINUTE DRIVE TO OWC, AND IM GOOFY FOOTED. ID RATHER GO TO TAMPA AND RIDE MORE ORIGINAL RAILS
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-01-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
If you guys don't like it then DON'T RIDE IT. If you think you can do a better job YOU BUILD IT. Just because I don't like a particular rail or kicker at my park doesn't mean someone else might not like it. I just choose to ride the ones I like. If you don't want to go to OWC then stay at McCormicks or where ever you go. I'm sure OWC will be fine without your negative vibes. Look all the cables are a GOOD THING. Its different, not better or worse, than the boat and that difference is a good thing for the sport. Not every rail or kicker can please everyone.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
Lee, what rails does McCormick have that are so much better? I haven't been to McCormick but the videos seem to show rails that are about on-par with OWC. The only thing I wish OWC had was a rail with a kink on the end.

Plus, being goofy I would have to learn my air tricks switch or throw them to the inside at McCormick.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-01-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
I thought rails were cheap &the water at McCormick's sucked, If you water is clean you don't have to dye it blue. Don't get me wrong I'm glad the made a cable park out of the old ski school but let's be real...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-01-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
" If you water is clean you don't have to dye it blue"

you're talking about McCormicks? OWC? or BOTH..... if we're being real......
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-01-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
No blue water at Odub,
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-22-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Finally got to hit the new slider this weekend. It's pretty cool but the water is still cold.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-22-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
WakeSnobs.com
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
certain lakes are dyed blue to help keep water vegetation from growing
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-22-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
I'm sad that is not a real website. Following up with what I said earlier (covering my a** cuz apparently this is turning into a bashfest), it seems like a lot of hype for a rail that brings very little to the table as far as riding it goes. But TS knows whats up.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-22-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Actually the new rail brings more to the table than most obstacles I seen. I only hit it 4 times and didn't try much because the water was so cold. But this is the first obstacle I've see that almost demands that you learn to transfer. And the the transfer jump is small enough that anyone should be able to get it down.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-22-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Then I stand (slouch on a sofa) corrected.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-23-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
All this complaining about rails. Try not having a cable park in your state, that is something to complain about.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-23-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
+1 for what Riley said.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
The new rail sucks. Period.

Right now, McCormicks has a better rail setup. Period.

Similarities:
Flat bar - Both (McCormicks is about 60ft longer)
Picnic table - Both
3 kickers - Both
A-Frame - Both

Differences:
OWC doesn't have:
Incline
Fupa
Rainbow
Rooftop

McCormicks doesn't have:
Nessy
Nautique Rooftop thing

Personally I would never trade the 4 additional rails at McCormicks for Nessy and the new rail. If you would, my guess is you haven't regularly shredded both these parks.

TS - this is a discussion forum... so we are discussing our views on the new rail. Some will like it, some won't... but thats the point of the thread.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-23-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Actually one of the kickers at OWC has an incline built into it. But the Fupa looks pretty cool.