Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    lunaraven            02-03-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
No posts in January at all. Tragic...

Does anyone have a bi level board?
Are they worth getting or just a gimmick?

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-04-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
it is a good idea for sure but cassette is having problems with the board cracking when someone catches an edge (nose/tail) but i would still love to ride one. but i would wait another year or two befor i purchased one. just my $.02
Old    vance            02-05-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
Rick P --

I've been riding the bi level alot lately. It is really worth getting. I kid you not, After riding the bi level I took my 484 concave out for a run and was like what the hell this sucks! The bi level makes everything so effortless. Its opened up a whole new aspect to wakeskating. The pop is amazing, you barely even try to ollie and you just pop up so high. W2w is no problem at all, the board is so forgiving that it feels like landing from an ollie. It really is the best thing out there and worth the 300 bucks.

As for the cracking, yes most are cracking, but by crack it is like a hair line fracture. If someone didnt point it out you wouldnt even know it was there. It doesnt effect the riding or performance of the skate at all. And the board is on the heavy side about 10 lbs I believe, But it feels nothing like that at all. Not sure what height weight you are, but I had been riding a 41 in skate until i started riding then bi level. Well the bi level is a 41 inch, but it feels a tad big, so what ever size you are riding now IMO i would go with one size smaller if you get a bi level. Trust me the skate is worth it. Hope i could help.

As for the no posts in january, yea it was sad, i check here alot, but theres nothing really to post about in the wakeskating forum. maybe this placeshould be called wakeboardworld.com as seeing a raley picture was picked as "cooler looking" than a 360 shuv.
Old    lunaraven            02-06-2005, 11:07 PM Reply   
I'm riding a Catalyst 116 right now which might be big for me as I'm 160lb
Well thanks for the info I'm definately going to pick up a bi level.
Old    vance            02-07-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Rick --

Go with the horrell bi level.
Old    dman            02-10-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
hey bros, if youve been wakeboarding for a couple years and just start to wakeskate , is it not a good idea to get a bi-level to start with?