Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Hey I remember reading something that someone make a handle pass trainer. Any idea how to make one? Any pictures of one? Could'nt find anything in the search. Thanks for the help Jack.
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       02-09-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
A handle attached to a 2 liter bottle or a 10 Lb weight works pretty well. If you combine it with a indo board you're golden.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-09-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
You can do it at your gym on the row machine. Connect a wakeboard handle to the hook where the regular handle would be on the machine and just put the pin in the correct weight.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-09-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ive seen lyman doing them on his blog website.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
I asked in that thread for a more detailed description on how he set it up, but I do not think he ever replied. Also Carl, by pin the correct weight do you mean your body weight. i am not understanding how that will work.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-09-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
go with Blakes Idea, thats the best way
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
http://www.learnwake.com/

Look under Video Sample #3:Handle Drill
Upload
Upload
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-09-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
yea im about to try this for trampoline training ,i was thinking of attaching a rope and handle setup from the center of the tramp ,to a pole that has a pully for the rope to go over and then at the end of the rope ,some kind of weighting sytem.

I would put a stop on the rope to keep it from going too far past the middle to end of the tramp so if you hold on you would have a hard time falling off the tramp.I also think i will use regualr rope and handle but a small section would be a stretchy type rope for some spring and stretch to help simulate a little pull or snap..

anyway this should be relativly cheap and easy other then i can figure out what amount of weight to start withand then maybe add a little later.
this would be agood way to learn to keep the handle tight and pass it in the air w/o being pulled off axis.

any other ideas or is this one bad?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-09-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
Sorry i did not catch the question about my handle pass trainer on the other thread. i got my ideas most recenly from the learnwake web site. (though i had heard of these trainers before) there is a quick video of it on their site for free to watch. one part they say to use bungees from the point that the rope comes together but i thought it was still possible to spin the thing with the rope length AND THE BUNGEES, plus it made it that much harder.

i attached an empty mop-detergent bootle from work filled with water

i'll post pics later
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-09-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
I just simulate it with a 25lb weight, 8 each hand, rest, and do my 3 sets, just another excercise to add onto a full gym routine.
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-09-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
By pin i meant the pin on the weight stack. Put in on about 15 to 25 pounds. P.S. you might get some weird looks in the gym.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Thanks guys!!!!
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the ideas!!! Im going to make one this weekend. Jeremy and how does your's work? Cory did you make one? I made an indo board I might have to try it on there like you said Blake. Thanks again, Jack.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-09-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
The Schwenne way:

Upload
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
What kind of board is that he's standing on?
Thanks Jack
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-09-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
here is mine. works a lot like the learn wake one but it is much longer and therefore requires you to go faster (when standing still) to keep the weight from hitting the ground ;) But if you are gona be spinning your body too (recommended) then for SURE it will be going fast enough. this way you don't have to worry about finding an old handle or cutting one up or even buying a separate handle like the SL one mentioned in the vid

I feel like mine is a very quick setup (if you don't have a designated rope/handle for the job like me)

Upload
i used 2 bungees because i thought one by itself was stretching too much, beyond the recommendation for bungee cords that is.

ALSO, if you plan to use the handle you take to the lake you will need an EASIER way to remove the handle from your mainline, avoiding tearing up the handle rope and/or mainline. I suggest doing this.
Upload
Upload
Upload
this will make it easier to loose the handle from the line and IF you DO have to damage a rope it will be the little helper piece in the middle which is worth nothing. this might be a good tip in general...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-10-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
I think the decks were custom made for Proflite back when those were being marketed. Not sure if they are still available.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-10-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
Ask your local ninja for his nun chucks. If he says no then you must fight him to the death. Try and ask during the day.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
I put a handle on my dogs leash, he's high strung and likes to run in circles on walks. So now when we walk or run he gets to spin circles and I get handle pass practice.