Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Pnut80)      Join Date: May 2017       05-31-2018, 7:35 AM Reply   
Me and my family are looking at buying a new boat in the upcoming year. And I been trying to do a little research. What’s a good boat for both wake and surf. My son wakeboards but is just a beginner. And we are wanting to get into surfing. This boat will be used for that and just leisure riding Really like the Moomba brand the more I see. Just looking for others that have that price range and needs that I have and see what they have and what they like about their boat. Looking in the 21’ range. That’s the size we currently have and love it. Which it’s a older 99 model dynasty. It does what we need besides surfing
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-31-2018, 7:50 AM Reply   
In that budget and size range, you'd be looking at the budget minded brands that are a few years old. Moomba Mondo or Mobius LSV, or Axis A20 or A22. etc.

I'd skip the LSV, only due to it being an older design with less freeboard and room for ballast, if you plan to do a lot of surfing. The other choices work better. The Mondo is definitely a nice boat for the money.

Im sure there are other options in that price category. Others will chime in for Sanger, Tige, Supreme models, etc..
Old     (Pnut80)      Join Date: May 2017       05-31-2018, 8:04 AM Reply   
Really like looks of mondo and have seen 3/4 year old boats in my price range.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-31-2018, 9:34 AM Reply   
Sanger V215 can do everything pretty good.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-31-2018, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
Sanger V215 can do everything pretty good.
best suggestion yet!
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-31-2018, 2:21 PM Reply   
Look at a MB also. I have loved mine and been great boats
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2018, 3:58 PM Reply   
A bit larger, but with that budget I'd be looking at Nautique 230/236.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-31-2018, 5:29 PM Reply   
I am selling my 2014 23' TWB (blue with white x) on onlyinboards. I dont think I am supposed to post the link here though.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2018, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
I am selling my 2014 23' TWB (blue with white x) on onlyinboards. I dont think I am supposed to post the link here though.
toss it in classsifieds, then link there