Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
Whos got an x-star? i just bought one for over 100k, and it is without a doubt a peice of the wake is awsome, and it a filthy lookin boat, but boat is built the trash. we have run into numerous problems, the first one was whoever te was who assembled the prop hydrolic arm didnt put a nut on the other side of the joint bolt so the rudder got stuck turned 90 degrees left and made us run over the line, getting it tangled in the prop, then we hit revers to undo the line cuz we couldnt get it and the rudder flipped around and went ding ding ding on the prob, that took 3 weeks to get fixed, and as we were puting it back in the water, i noticed that the 2 inside tower speakers werent working, and the guy from the dealer tried to blame me, but really, he forgot to pug em in, DUMB for the thrid try, we headed out, and ntoiced the boat was sittin low, we open up the rear storage, and wutta know, the bildge pump line cracked and was shooting water into the starboard side storage, and the engine was half way deep in water. this is because some who assembled it, hooked up the wrong batter to the bildge, theres 2 batteries, and your supposed to turn one off when ur done, the one that turns off, was hooked to the bildge, that doesnt work does it. and last but not least, just about a half hour ago we got all ready to go, and BOTH batteries were dead, no juice wut so ever, boat. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THE X-STAR OR MC IN GENERAL?? please let me know if its just us, or if its mastercraft all the boats up
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-17-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
After our old boat it was 2001 205v ballast, tower, perfect pass.... everythign for 20k
or
95' Supersport with nearly nothing for 18k.... we went nautique
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-17-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
i think its pretty much just you.

first of all both batteries should be on all the time and you should switch the batteries off when the boat is on the trailer so you dont have a dead battery from leaving something turned on. the dead battery is just from stupidity

also if you know your gonna run over your line why dont you just put the boat in neutral. obviously the driver wasn't paying attention

lastly why dont you not post this on a discussion board and work this stuff out wiht your dealer. know one cares that you paid 100k for your boat, and we can't fix your problems. so next time maybe try to deal with the situation like an adult and understand that these are boats and there will always be some kind of problem.

liie they say. the happiest days is the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Now thats a run of bad luck I'd be pissed
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       07-17-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
it sounds to me like the people who are working on your boat don't know what there doing, or have a bad case of ADD and forget a lot.
i just got a new MasterCraft and i have not had any problems. every thing you buy new will have there own problems you just got a lemon.
good luck with the boat i hope you get it all worked out.
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       07-17-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
i also agree with billy
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
Nick, no offense man, but if those were your two options exactly how you described (and the 205V didn't have crazy high hours), the majority here will tell you you're crazy. Most people will tell you those two boats are equal in quality and wake, and it would be a tough decision equipped and priced equally even if they were both the from the same year. So you basically have a 6 year older boat with no extras, and you only saved 2k. To each his own I guess.

(Message edited by jcv on July 17, 2007)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-17-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
It's just you. Had two X-stars and two X-2s so far. All have been solid boats.

You problems don't sound major to me, really.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-17-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
You just bought an X-Star? Or your Daddy just bought an X-Star?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
I don't think it's a lemon at all. Those problems are dealer and/or wiring related. You need a new dealer Colin, not a new boat. Only the bad bildge pump line can really be blamed on MC. Do you have another MC dealer in the area you can go to instead?

Since no one has said it yet, let me be the first to say, what the hell were you thinking putting the boat in reverse (or any other gear) to "undo" the rope around the prop?

(Message edited by jcv on July 17, 2007)
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-17-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
J-Rod, haha, seriously. If you think these are major problems for a boat, make sure you never own a new boat for more than a year. I bet nearly every boat owner on here has had a worse problem than those. It's a boat.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
yeah my dad bought it, but hes so fed up with the morons at the dealer that he can even deal with it, but yeah they sound like dealer to me too, but theres only like 2 dealers, and only one that works on it, puttin it in reverse un raveled the rope, thats the only way we couldve gotten in without paddeling, i love this boat, but my dad hates it and i dotn want him to sell it
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 10:13 PM Reply   
ive had the boat for 3 months and been on it 4 times, and 2 out of the 4 something went wrong while it was sitting in the marina
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
Put it this way... I live in WA also so i deal with the same dealers and i am on my 3rd x-star. i have had a couple of issues with the boats also but so does every boat, thats boating. IMO MC makes an amazing product. Also there are two dealers that can work on your boat, woodinville and Renton FYI.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
yeah thats were we go, renton, but they are idiots, well atleast one of them is, the guys in issaquah are another and their cool and smart, but i havent heard of the one in woodinville, it just seems weird that all of these happen almost evertime we go out
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
dude you should chill bro, i dont care if its a supreme to a sanger to a 100k xstar. all boats have problems, thats why there are warenties. by coming on here and bashing mc will not fix you boat its going to hinder your rep and guess what people will read this forum and it might be the next guy working on your boat, its a small world. if i told you half the problems i had with my first boat you would crap yourself. this forum is for info to help solve your problems and come to a solution wether it be find a knew dealer, mechanic, boat, better your own skills, or whatever. we get enough bs bashing in here. what do you think? you got taken by mc and now your gonna take them down or somthing. relax bro. take a chill pill and what do you care your daddy bought the boat. so if you want help solving problems with your boat think about what you write before the whole world reads it. oh ya tell me how you would feel if the first time you launched your new boat you look at the trailer to find 16 galvi nail head sticking out of the bunk and the bottom of your boat is fffffffffffffffed, weeks of gel coat work later the problems just started. now cry me a river. call me if you need a shoulder to lean on, deal with it or sell it!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-17-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
hey im not tryin to bash on mc, dont get me wrong, i absolutly love mc, and i love my boat, i just was wondering if anyone else wit x stars have these probs, and i care about the boat because i take care of it, even if my dad bought it, im not tryin to make everyone feel bad for me or anything, jus lookin for some advice, i here u dude, and sounds ffd up with ur boat, but my dad keeps wanting to sell it and now hes upset for buying it and letting me down, but im not let down, a couple probs arent gonna kill me, i jus wanna no wut to do, thats all, sorry for railin on mc, their a great company, and have awsome designs, sorry bro
Old     (blakep)      Join Date: May 2007       07-17-2007, 11:47 PM Reply   
i also live in WA and i deal with cope all the time. the renton woodinville and issaquah shops are all owned by cope. try being nice to people they will usually go out of their way to help you. next time you go to the renton shop talk to curt he knows what he is talking about. the issaquah is the new store that only sells MC correct???? i was just talking to one of those guys and he seemed pretty cool, i have never had them work on my boat before but give them a try you might like their service better. just to let you know all the other boat companies have just as many problems.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-17-2007, 11:51 PM Reply   
It's man-made, which means "NOT PERFECT" Everyone's had their problems and some how we all seem to have fun. Calm down and work the problems out...oh ya, welcome to WakeWorld.

Please tell me this wasn't your 1st post

(Message edited by ryand121 on July 17, 2007)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-17-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
hey colin first off no worries bro. its funny how people calm down once they get on here and people call them on it. but you need to start imo, with your dad. remember as f'd ass i sounds he did pay for it. so try and keep him stoked. it sounds like your doing a great job for caring for the boat, cleaning it etc. but im sure his frustration is huge right now. remind him its only a boat and the world wont end over this. explain to him that mc is a rep company and these problems will work out. mc wont stiff you. tell him there are other options it sounds like another person is from your area, pm him for further help. if all fails on the dealer end get on the horn to mc directly. also for the future either service your boat yourslf or really take time and find out who people trust in your area for service. and even then before you launch take time to go over your boat and just look for things make sure obvious nuts and bolts are tight. the dealer isnt gonna check the plug for you. lol, jk. and one more thing if your dad is set on selling it, take time to tell your dad how much you love the sport and the boating lifestyle. really get him butterd up over the great times to come in the boat. and hopfully the worst thing that happens is he sells the mc and tries a different boat. good luck kid.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
hey blake yeah i no curt, hes nice but to me, it didnt seem like he knew wut he was talkin bout, he blamed me for the tower speakers not working cuz he said i swiveled them 360 3 times when i only swiveled 180, my dad almsot came unglued on him, w/e hes a good guy with his heart int he right spot, he just makes stupid mistakesthe guys in issaquah are extremely nice, but they dont service, a guy named tevor i think me up with the ronix one setup, hes tight, and same with darren, the head guy

Bryan. yeah i keep telling him its not mc, its partly the dealer and whoever assembled it (regarding the rudder prob) but he knows mc is a rep company, he jus thinks hes let me down cuz everytime we try to ride the boat is broken again, even with all of these probs, i love my boat no matter one, it is extremely rare on lake wa and has the sickest wake i wouldnt trade it for anything

thanx for the help bryan
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-18-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
I feel like I just read an essay written by a third grader.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 12:59 AM Reply   
dude seriously. your dad bought a 100k boat? are you kidding me. No offense but you sound like some rich kid that just got a ferrari but was mad it was blue instead of red. Are mastercrafts really in the 100k range? and do they sell more than 1 of them LOL. I'm not trying to bash on anyone but seriously who is buying a 100k boat that isnt a cabin cruiser or something. Sorry guys this just baffles me.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-18-2007, 1:50 AM Reply   
believe it rick they are 100K my friend!
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
I agree with Rick. Who buys 100k wakeboarding boat?
I dont know if i would be angry about the boat problems or that i just spent 100k on a wakeboat.
All boats have problems from a $5k boat to a $500k boat.
Old     (toooldtoboard)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-18-2007, 5:36 AM Reply   
Yeah, $100k MSRP. Do you pay sticker price for a car? If you you pay MSRP for anything you are a fool. My Xstar was $103k MSRP out the door price was about the same as Tige,Supra,Bu etc. They are all within a few K of each other.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
Collin, it sounds like you are new to boats and some of the stuff that is happening will be easier to deal with as you get more experience.

I am partly amazed that some of you have said you should expect that kind of stuff going wrong with a new boat though. If I dropped that kind of coin on a boat, I would expect it to be perfect with all the nuts and hoses installed correctly. What does that say about the industry where you should expect 'kinks' like this on equipment that is so expensive????

I guess yet another reason for buying late model used boats....let the first owner deal with the initial problems and depreciation.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2007, 6:38 AM Reply   
has anybody ever put a boat in reverse after tangling the rope? I would think that would either make it worse or for sure split the rope if it wasn't already
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
I think he should sell it. that 100k boat is probably worth about 60k by now with depreciation. Doesn't matter daddy will buy something else. LOL
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2007, 7:11 AM Reply   
His mistake for posting how much they paid. But does it really matter? I see a lot of young people with $800 per month car payments just so they can look like a "Baller."

"that 100k boat is probably worth about 60k by now with depreciation"

I doubt that. X-Stars are pretty expensive used. We just sold our very slightly used X-star for much more than most new boats cost.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
Lets see a pic of this 100k boat.
Colin said "I'm not trying to bash on MC" What!!
Dude you need to chill out!! After your done watching the Wiggles, go mow the grass for your Dad and then shine his helmet for him when he gets home. Maybe then he wont sell the boat.
BTW is it Colon or Colin, cuz theres been a lot of crap come out you on this thread?
Lets just see some pics , cuz I think a 16yr old with a brand new 100k XStar and only 15 or so posts on WW would have a pic of that brand new MC on his profile. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
Looks like a lost cause to me, I'd scuttle it, get the insurance money and get a new boat......

A lot of times, boat are never the same being run for who knows how many hours with the tower speakers unplugged. Glad to hear you were safe though.

Good luck with getting any of this resolved.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
gosh, am i the only one who found the first post very annoying to read? it sounded like a 10 year old wrote it on instant messenger

your lucky, i wish my family could afford a 100k boat

(Message edited by bbking on July 18, 2007)
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
More like 8 hahaha
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
[grabbing some popcorn for a great thread]
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-18-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
This post made my morning. I'm picturing some rich idiots who don't know how to drive a boat drift over the rope at 2mph. Then Colin yells "hit the throttle dad!".

Colin, people like you make it all worth it. I sincerely thank you. My boat loan payment for this month is much less painful with stories like this.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-18-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
question: What boat did you (or your fam, or whatever) have before this one?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-18-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
IMO, your boat was not prepped well at the dealership. The boats come in shrink-wrapped, and its the dealer's responsibility to check the hoses, bilge pumps, nuts, bolts, etc. Did you demo the boat or ask if they had water-tested it yet? Mistakes can and do happen at the dealership level, but calling someone an idiot at the dealership will cost you in the long run. IMO, you need to man up and apologize to everyone you called out, and get the issues resolved so you can enjoy the rest of the summer...
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
wow...dud } speekers unpluged? dud whot a peece of crap
that is dainjerus.
Old    bocephus            07-18-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   

quote:

By Billy (woreout) on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 7:15 am:

Lets see a pic of this 100k boat.

Hey Billy,
Do I need to say it?
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hahaha, Sounds like your one of those wallyasses that have money, buy a nice boat and have to clue what your doing.

I have a 18K boat and havent had any sort of problem.

Learn how to use it, dont bitch out the dealer for your mistakes. Thats just dumb.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
say what?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-18-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
My used $26K boat has been flawless!
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
Sorry, but from reading this post Colin has issues that go much further than a boat.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-18-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Colin, like mentioned above, the wakeboarding community is a small tightly knit group. It's quite likely what you post here may find it's way back to those dealers and individuals you are posting about.
Old     (knwebs)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-18-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'll give you 50k for it and I'll deal with it...
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-18-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
ill give you 51k
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
WOW, if I was your father I'd be more concerned about what went wrong with your education rather than not being able to pull you on a wakeboard. As a general rule proper spelling, grammar, and syntax will go a long way towards people taking you seriously here. Finally the amount of water required to have your engine half way underwater would be extreme. That amount would be covering the batteries and ground distribution blocks. I find that quite hard to believe, and if you didn't notice till you were already under way I seriously doubt your boating skills in general.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
Found on another thread

Upload
Upload
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-18-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Did they run out of black or white transoms?

Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Colin,

I am a salesman at the Sumner, WA store and am sorry to here about your problems. Give me a call if I can be any help. 425-228-9100 or email me at the address in my profile.

Brett Yates
Sales Associate
Cope and McPhetres Marine
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Way to go Brett! Nice Chime and way to take care of your customer!

Matt Anderson- uhhhh... exactly!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Agreed, good on you Brett & Cope and McPhetres.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
we used to have a donzi x-18, if u guys no wut that is, we no how to drive boats, i do, and so does my dad, this is our first wakeboard boat and we didnt just throw it in reverse, were were under the boat for a half an hour un raveling the line b/c we didnt have a knife, revers fixed the problem
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
i think everyone needs to chil on the rich kid whos dad buys him everything, not true at all, it isnt my boat, im just trying to help my dad out couse he doesnt know what to do anymore, and im trying to prevent him from selling it

and yeah thanx brett maybe ill give u a call
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
and sorry for calling anyone idiots
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Way too step up Brett. MC is a great product. I would have nothing else.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
Colin was Donzi out of the full size models?
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-18-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Buddy your giving me a headache. Type your responses in Word then spell check them. Instructions included.

Upload
Upload
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
Come to think of it, I have a 2008 Wakesetter VLX that is in it's fifth day of production. I just sold my 2007 Wakesetter VLX a couple weeks ago. Here is a link:http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=526
As you can see I like black. So when I say that I would take your X-Star with all of it's problems and more with no payment (because my dad is making the payment)- I mean it. And if you think my 2008 VLX is going to be without problems? Let me remind you it's one of the first 2008's out of the plant.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
First thing is to replace that cracked line and figure out how all that water was getting in there in the first place. Chances are your bilge pump was on all night and killed your batteries.

I don't know how the MC's work, but my SAN has a switch that will bypass the accessory relay and let the bilge pumps stay on for storage.

I'd be concerned if that much water is getting into the hull, there could be a bigger leak elsewhere, like in the ballast intakes or the shaft seal is not correct.

I agree with the ranting a bit, but you really need to communicate properly in order to get useful feedback. It's not uncommon for brand spanking new boats to have some initial bugs that need tinkering. I am surprised your dealer did not water test your boat with you to go over operation.

If your dad wants to sell it, let me know, I will be at your door with a piece of bilge hose, a couple batteries, and an extra 2k in ballast so I can shred every lake between there and Los Angeles on the way home.

Also, you are going to need to speak english clearly when taking it to the dealer to get the bugs worked out. Try to be very clear and let him know there is a leak some place in the boat.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
On my MC there is an auto and a manual switch for the bilge pumps. I leave mine on auto.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-18-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
Colin, do you know Ryan by any chance?
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
How old is this kid?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-18-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
profile says 16, judgin by the way he types.. I am thinking he is a wigger, thug or someone requiring special education!!
Such anger and rude language!!

Making my eyes hurt just reading the poor grammer and spelling!!

What has society done with kids and the reading and writting ability of the english language!!

On a side note... sounds like the dealer didn't do a PDI correctly....these things should have been noticed before delivery!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
no the x-18 is a classic,

ryan who?

and yeah we leave our bildge on auto too, but it ran the batteries down, which it has never done before.

billy why are you bashin so much? did u say that because u think that because we have an x-star that we have to have a huge donzi? thats a classic boat and not many were made
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-18-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Greg,
Rap+non-educated wealthy+AIM+texting= youth of america...... odd thing is, my dad would get mad that all I read was wake mags growing up, main reason was the poor editing and poor use of grammar. I now understand.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-18-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Trent, I think your VLX and my VLX are hanging out in line together right now. Mine got lake tested this morning.
Old    K.B.C.            07-18-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Don't worry about it, he's just a hater. If this thread were about a CC instead of an MC he would be bashing the CC instead of you.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
yeah, i guess theres nothing any of you can really tell me to do, i guess i just gotta ride it out and hopefully the probs stop, frustrating but thats life, thanx for whoever helped me, and trent i really like your vlx, i started looking at new boats lastnight incase we sold our x-star and i didnt like the vlx, but for some reason i really like yours
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
David- they really must be feet away from each other!

Colin- thanks and good luck!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-18-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
For some reason new boats always come with a few issues due to oversight. I have no idea why this would be for such a mature industry where the features, technology, and manufacturing and distribution processes have changed so little in decades.

I don't have any experience with airplanes, but somehow I don't think they have this "1st year defects" problem like boats. The automobile industry solved this issue like 20 years ago. Heck, even computers are pretty reliable out of the box these days and they change parts and technology all the time.

It has to be an enormous money pit for dealers and manufacturers to have so many small warranty issues in the first year due to just dumb oversight like hoses not being on right or electrical wiring done incorrectly. Most of this could be avoided with better parts design, manufacturing, and QA. The boat companies and dealers would probably make more money too.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
you sold your X-Star between 9:28 last night and 12:35pm today? What?
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2007, 1:15 PM Reply   
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
no we didnt sell it, my dad just wants to give it back to the dealer, im trying to prevent him from not doing that
Old     (trentster)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
JPK- I would agree, but it's not practical for boats or cars. The new Airbus A380 has been in the production stages for almost ten years. By the time the first one is actually delivered to the airlines almost all cars and boats will have run many model years and actually changed designs again. Do you like the new F-22 Raptor? Pretty sweet, but it's been flying for like ten years. The military took delivery of it's first ones like two years ago. Cars still have lots of bugs the first model years. And my Piece of crap computer locks up all the time. Putting out a new product is hard work and there will always be bugs. Imagine Chevy with their new pickup. They build it and test it for six years and only give them to certain people to work out the bugs. You see them driving around for years, but can't buy one. Then in the last two years of production they make them available to the general public to purchase at dealers. That's why planes are so expensive. Sorry, but I don't think my $75,000 boat needs to cost $6.2 million.

(Message edited by Trentster on July 18, 2007)
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
54k...and I will throw someone a killer deal on an 05' Centurion Elite V
Old    K.B.C.            07-18-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Billy(whoredout(by MC))
You hate on CC every chance you get. You, my friend are a straight up hater. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you should come to terms with it or if you are going to say you're not then start acting like it.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
billy,

I see you have an 07 X2. That is not normal for the tower to shake like you describe. Is it out of alignement? Meaning if you folded it down does it align with the ski pylon if you were looking down the center. I know of another person who had the same issue and his was misaligned. My tower is rock solid at any speed.