Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Ok I have been researching and I think I have decided on getting the new Murray board. Unfortunantly there are not any pro shops around where I live where I can try it out. I have been riding a friends Parks board and to me it just feels to bulky and hard to control. Im looking for a board that has a more loose feel and a good pop with soft landing. Does anyone have any experience riding this board? Also how much difference is there between the 2005 and 2006 board? Thanks
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-01-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
if a parks board is hard to control, i don't think i would try a murry board...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-01-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
no way man, they are completely opposite boards. The parks has a VERY agressive three stage rocker, while the murray is "continuous". The murray board is very predictable while the parks is not. I ride mine without the center fins and it is the best board I have ever ridden.
Old    rondeaurelent            05-01-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Where do you live Jeremy?
Old     (chatham)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
I've got the 2005 Murray. It's totally different than the '06.

The 'O5 is designed with one pair of fins closer to the center (more loose) and the opposite side farther out (hold's tighter). So, if you're a goofy rider like me, you'd put the wide set over your right foot and loose set over your left. Basically this helps you so when you're riding toeside you have a stronger hold.

I like the board, but I think I bought one that was too small. I'm 6'0 190lb and I've got the 138.1 bio. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a longer board. I came from a 141 Belmont - which I loved - but always thought it was a little long and thought I'd like having a shorter board.

The only place I like it is landing, I can place my landings better.

Anyway, sorry for the long answer, '06 board is different.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
It's not that the Parks board is hard to control it just seems like it takes a lot of effort to get it to do what you want to do. It's kind of hard to explain I guess. I want a board that will break loose easier.

Jerry I live in Jackson Mississippi.

(Message edited by cal565 on May 01, 2006)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-02-2006, 4:01 AM Reply   
The Murray breaks loose really easily, but at the same time you can rail on it. From what you said in your first post, it sounds like exactly what you want.
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-02-2006, 4:38 AM Reply   
Jeremy, the Murray board has the softest landing of any of the Hyperlite boards that I've ridden, I have a bad heel so that's why I really liked the new Murray board. As Travis said, it can be loose but it grips excellent once it's on edge.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-02-2006, 5:43 AM Reply   
travis,
you may have read my post about murray board size.
when i demoed the murray really loved the pop and liked how loose it was, but had trouble controlling it on landings cause it seemed so loose i couldn't get it tracking again when coming down from my rolls.

i'm used to having the step down rails on my 03 premier so rely on this.
i'm 6ft1" and 170lbs and tried the 138. would i find the 142 more controllable on landings? or would the bigger surface area just make it sketch out more?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2006, 5:46 AM Reply   
piut the Pwing .7 on the parks take off the Awing 1.1 and it'll break loose when you ask it to.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-02-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
I would go with the 142. Shaun is 5'6", 150, and rides the 138. I would definitely size up.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
I had a little more luck today with the parks board getting it to break loose. I still think the Murray board is more of what I'm looking for though