Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2004, 6:15 PM Reply   
Anyone ride on a cool lake in OR or WA? Tell us about them.....
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
Yeah I live in Bend Oregon and i have ridden at Lake Billy Chinook or Prineville Reservoir mainly. You can ride the Willamette River over in the valley or Blue Lake by Gresham But the warmest water and nicest is in Central Oregon Temps anywhere from cascade lakes at high 60's to Chinook and P.V.R. being at 76-80.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
LBC sucks cuz it's too small and the water gets choppy for most the day. i can get a good morning run in sometimes. other than that i love the willamette, but i don't want other people coming. sorry not trying to sound selfish but hey, i am.
Old    x10            08-06-2004, 9:19 PM Reply   
At Shasta we always see lots of folks from Oregon seeking the good water!
Old    alanl            08-08-2004, 11:36 PM Reply   
I don't know the name of the lake, But saw it while flying in to portland airport. It was on the washington side of the river, west of vancouver, almost inline with the green suspension bridge, looked like glass and not a boat on it. I wish I could give better info on it. Maybe I'll just have to poach it for myself :-)
Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       08-09-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply. We went to LBC last weekend, nice water and loads of tubers! Choppy water in the afternoon, but nice.

Alan I think you are talking about Vancouver Lake I live above the lake, it looks great from the air but... but the water quality is so poor, the County has it closed due to the water quality right now. It is a very shallow lake with loads of muck, the water does not move in or out very fast to help keep it clean. The lake is great for sailing and rowing sports. I wish it was cleaner for wakeboarding.
Old    goose69            08-09-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
Alan,
The name of that lake is Lakamas(sp??) in Camas, Washington. In the PDX area there is really no lakes to ride on mostly rivers. You south or central Oregon there are plenty of cool lakes to ride on. Most are with in a 3-4 hour trip.