Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    dmalo            09-09-2003, 11:13 PM Reply   
Does anyone have experience with this injury rather than a dislocation? (All ligaments are torn off of the outer end of the clavicle) My ortho opinion, and medical websites agree that surgery is not needed unless you are a laborer that lifts weight overhead but I'd like to know if there is significant loss of (boarding)performance without the surgery.

(Message edited by dmalo on September 09, 2003)
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-10-2003, 3:51 AM Reply   
You're better off getting a surgical repair if plan on keeping an active sporting lifestlye.
Kinda difficult to keep a boat anchored to a dock if it's not attached to anything, would you agree?
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-10-2003, 5:43 AM Reply   
I second surgery. An A-C repair is pretty straightforward. I had a grade one separation and it wasn't totally "right" for over 6 months. Not really a fun injury.
Old    tommyadrian5            09-10-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
I got a grade 3 separation snowboarding, didn't have the surgery, don't have any problems now except if i lift something heavy for an extended period of time, that and the bone sticks straight out of the top of my shoulders, chicks dig it

Old    happ            09-10-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
Had a grade 3 separation. Had the surgery. Glad I did. Do what the doctor says during rehab. Good Luck...........
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Same as Tom. Big bone sticking out of my shoulder, but no surgery (sounds worse than it is). I hit weights hard when everything felt better and haven't had too many problems except for not being able to throw a ball as far as I used to.
Old    tommyadrian5            09-10-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
yea i can't throw for
Old    dmalo            09-12-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
thx for the quick inputs. Never could throw worth a.... good thing its not my dominant side though. got another off board reply from a guy who had NY Rangers surgeon, that didn't get repair either and is ok with the result.