Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Especially for Android users.

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...6e951-68761925

Last edited by rexlex01; 04-06-2015 at 7:02 AM.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-06-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
Just got the email on this. I might pull the trigger. I'm still debating what way in going to go stereo wise on the new boat.
Old     (jaed)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-06-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
How does this compare to Wetsounds?

From what I see:
Exile has higher quality sound?
Wetsounds has the external remote that I really like.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WW-VC-BT.html
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Head units can't even keep up and appears will be obsolete with all of the smartphone upgrades/changes taking place every year. My new phone makes the built in 2.0 blue tooth in my 1 year old clarion head unit useless.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       04-06-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
Anyone know if this will allow multiples to connect to the same source?

EX) So if my buddy is streaming from his phone or playing/transmitting anything bluetooth, can his head unit be connected to the (phone) at the same time as this unit so we in fact are linked up?

I don't think so via the Bluetooth specs, while it will allow us to pair it will only transmit and receive to 1 unit not 2.

If so I would be buying this to plug into my WS420 as the 2nd option on the AUX switch. It already has power and ground right there.

Let me know if anyone knows otherwise.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
Michael - This device allows for multiple connections to it but only one source at a time can stream. To be clear this is the BT 4.0 compliance I'm speaking about. This means you both can connect but only ONE person plays tunes.

As for plugging into your 420 - yes, exactly right. Plug into the AUX and remote mount the EXBT within 18" of the unit. Doing so will greatly increase range because the unit is not built into metal chassis. As for power and ground, yes again. You'll want to connect to your 420 ground and 420 remote line so the BT device turns on and off at the time the 420 does. The Exile BT draws less than 30mA at full draw so there is no worries.

@ Jason - I really hate to get into brand comps. The Exile unit is just different than the WS piece. Their VC unit uses AVCTP and is 3.0 compliant. the Exile piece is 4.0 compliant , doesn't use AVCTP (remote track up down etc) and has built in aptX codecs for higher streaming rates up to 384 kbit/s. that codec is top dog when it comes to sound quality compression. I should also say in fairness, that awesome aptX connection is not available for iPhone users as of this date. There are rumors that the next iPhone update will include the aptX codec. the EXBT unit has 2x the output voltage of the the ws unit and draws less current consumption. I hope that answers your questions.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-06-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
for the track skipping, volume, and play/pause functions you could get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Portab...h+audio+remote

That'd put you at basically the same price between the WS unit and the Exile unit with the same functionality.
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       04-06-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
@ Brian so you say we can both connect to the unit, I understand that, but what I'm asking if this can be used as a Link type device.

So if He is playing and connected to his head unit via blue tooth can he at the same time connect to the EXBT so that in fact we are both playing from the same device?
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
SacSurfer - No. You'd need one BT module to be broadcasting. And the latency issues are a problem.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-06-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
Went ahead and ordered one of these. Will report on it when I get it in, supposedly should ship around the 15th.
Old     (jaed)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-06-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
Brian,

Thanks for your response.

2 questions:
- I found with cheaper bluetooth receivers in the past every time I turn off the boat and turn it back on I would have to re-pair the phone with the receiver. Would that be the case here or would it auto pair? I have a iPhone 6 if you need that info.

- Can you connect to two different bluetooth devices at the same time with this?
Lets say you use this Amazon Remote to pause / play.
Then use the exile receiver to play the audio?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-06-2015, 10:31 AM Reply   
Jason, the amazon remote connects to your phone not the Exile BT dongle. The remote tells your phone what to do. Question is whether your phone can connect to both at the same time, but most can because the remote is treated like a BT keyboard.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-06-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
Past a certain point the voltage output on a BT module shouldn't make any SQ difference what so ever. That seems like a smoke screen just to get the appearance of an advantage over the competition.
Think about what is really going on with BT.
The BT UHF transmission wattage is limited by the transmission device....the phone. It's extremely small which is why the range is limited. This is the primary limiting factor in SQ.
So after the RF transmission components are removed inside the BT receiving module you are left with a simple but compressed analog signal that is of an incredibly miniscule level. In the next stage the signal gain is raised considerably in all BT receivers in preparation for a hardwired link to the input of the next device (HU or EQ). You need enough gain to capture the entire dynamic range of a compressed format and then enough gain to travel 18" to the HU or EQ input. At that point, you could have 5 volts, but it wouldn't make an SQ difference. You're just going to attenuate any excess level 18" down the line with the EQ input adjustment.
BT is a compressed transmission, like it or not. So you don't have a great deal of dynamic range to reproduce or maintain. It certainly doesn't require the same level of voltage to reproduce the full dynamic range of say a CD.
The BT receiver module to HU or EQ relationship is a different one than from HU to amplifier.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
David I think you need to go back and do some reading on the technical specifications of aptx codecs. More voltage definitely helps capture dynamic range especially as bluetooth products expand into high sound quality and bit streams reaching 384k/s. It's an absolute requirement and has benefits. Yes even within terms of bandwidth compression aka Codec. The technology is definitely moving forward. More voltage is hands down a good thing. So I guess I'd have to ask you--- up to what point? Because you didn't clarify. I will take 2.2V over 400mV any day of the week. It's better S/N ration, more dynamic range. It's also very important for many users are not driving into an EQ. Users are connecting BT devices directly to amplifiers like those in the off road market will enjoy having 2.2V.

It's also important to note that the Exile 2.2V is not clipped. We scoped several models of existing BT modules and provide screen shots of the findings without throwing any brand specifically under the bus. Some of these units actually have clipped waveforms right out of the box. If think if you did some old fashioned hands on testing, your findings would be very similar to ours and you'd say, "I LIKE!!!".

The primary reason we feel it important to provide 18" of RCA cable is to remotely mount the receiver unit to a surface. In our initial investigation on bluetooth products - bringing the receiver unit outside of the chassis of said EQ or deck, the reception is increased 3-4x. 18" of cable should provide the user options. This is the reason its not built into our ZLD EQ unit. We want the increased reception. If you don't believe me... Again, try it.

-Brian
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-06-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
220, 221, whatever it takes

Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-06-2015, 4:05 PM Reply   
Looks like the same layout of the JL Audio BT piece....which will MAP for $39. And they say theirs has plenty of voltage to drive an amplifier input direct. You can trust they did their homework.
You don't really need 2 volts for a Bluetooth module. That's what amplifier and EQ inputs gains are intended for. Plus, HU Aux's don't have an adjustable input if we are really talking a legit 2 volts. And any way you cut it, even with 4.0, it's still a compressed format. MP3 is only 1/11th the size of a CD file and 4.0 has a long way to go to be close to a Wav file.
Presently the 4.0 holds no benefit to an iphone owner.
In a blindfold test you could not tell the difference between 1.1 and 2.2 volts for this particular application. It's no more than a very marginal input adjustment.

Speaking of Wetsounds, you might consider limiting your comments to your own product and not other manufacturers.
The Wetsounds BT EQ has the antenna in the front face so it's always exposed. Smart design IMO. You don't have to worry about dash obstructions like billet inserts and such.
Plus, Wetsounds has a 4.0 version already coming. Simply because it's the newest chip that everyone will be using.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-06-2015, 4:21 PM Reply   
We've heard this song and dance so many times. Marketing hype. So I don't know what I can and cannot trust. I do know this from the past.
The xi800.4 wasn't 800 watts and came up 45% short. That was an intentional deception. The rest of that series didn't make spec either.
The first EQ had Burr Brown chips but only in two of seven chips...excluding the more important signal processing chips. The SQ benefits were quoted right out of a Burr Brown DAC brochure but there is no D to A conversion in the EQ. Just hype and fluff.
The first EQ boasted 7 volts but that voltage was divided between two zones rather than having discrete chips. So it might have been 7 volts but not 6 X 7 volts.
The new EQ boast 9 volts but all the amplifiers have inputs limited to 6 volts.
The XM9 claims to have an Sd of 44.65 sq.in. That's either a total fabrication or you don't know how to calculate such a simple spec. It's about 22% over reality.
Paper cone woofers in boats ??? because they are lighter and faster, yet they are weighted down with a full coverage poly dust cap.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-06-2015, 4:45 PM Reply   
Damn!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 4:52 PM Reply   
Sorry you feel that way David. I'm kinda surprised your lobbing stones about other gear we discontinued years back, coming out with, etc. It's just a cycle of nonsense..that has nothing to do with the the OP's post. It's poor taste Sir. I won't fight with you. Bait not taken.

Buy the ws, jl, boss, product. If those products meet your needs then I'm happy for you. The Exile BT is a great product for boat owners and off roaders. Period.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-06-2015, 4:57 PM Reply   
@Sac Surfer - to answer your question about connections. The answer is yes, but it is dependent upon the source being able to manage the AD2P (audio stream) and AVRCP (track control stream). Most mobile devices (iPhones driods etc) can indeed manage those simultaneously.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2015, 5:23 PM Reply   
Glad to see some new products like this one hitting the market. Looks like it will be a great option for a lot of people.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-06-2015, 6:15 PM Reply   
I would love to see an Exile post that DavidAnalog does not come on and try to bash. There is obviously some beef, but keep it to yourself or between you and Exile. Not sure what it is and I don't care. I usually don't get involved this stuff, but it is getting to the point where it is obvious and annoying. Yes I own Exile and very happy with it, but I don't have some ownership goggles about it. They make a great product and are continuing to innovate and force Wetsounds to innovate. We should all be happy about that as we are the beneficiaries as the consumer. Maybe not David, cause I don't think he owns any of the above. I don't talk trash about Wetsound systems and don't appreciate when others do either. This is a small word and fair enterprise for all. Exile is obviously a known and proven brand and I think that most see through DavidAnalogs posts and agenda. I am sure I don't have to bring attention to it. I actually read DavidAnalogs posts and gain tons of knowledge from them and think it is all valuable until he mentions Exile. He immediately turns from the knowledgeable one to the vindictive one. Thank god he has not taken over the Supra forum cause I hear he does the same thing on themalibucrew.
Anyway its a $50 product and will be a big help for little money to many people on this forum. Also, I can sum this up without stirring up another Exile thread that DavidAnalog sank and let DavidAnalog know that I have a Big 12 and it pounds... Even my Wetsounds buddies can acknowledge it... Let fair enterprise roll and show some class......




rant done......
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-06-2015, 6:31 PM Reply   
Beef? It just gets back to the trust thing dating from the beginning when I was in the industry. The only vendor or competitor I have ever had such an issue with. It's kind of a trigger when one manufacturer talks about another manufacturer...even with that veiled approach...and especially when they are clueless about that competitor's product. If they would just play it straight and honestly, I wouldn't have a beef. The product should be good enough to succeed without all the embellishments.

Btw, there's a Supra forum?
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-06-2015, 6:34 PM Reply   
Good god! This has gotten ridiculous. I myself have a full exile system top down and I have been extremely happy with it. Lot of friends have wet sound systems that they are happy with. I could have gone either way and I'm sure would have been pleased. However, truth be known I have been so turned off of WS based on a few that continually bash Exile. No reflection on Tim or Brian... Some of the guys on the sideline should stay on the side line. Maybe find another hobby on retirement.... Maybe take up golf or tiddlywinks....
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-06-2015, 6:54 PM Reply   
DavidAnalog.... I know you are trying to bait an argument and I will not stoop to your level. No I don't have the techy knowledge that you have and don't pretend do. Good luck in your mission to search and destroy.... I know you have found all the forums and will infiltrate. Since you are no longer with Earmark maybe the Wetsound spiffs will carry you through retirement!

As Shane Morris said..... I have actually heard many others say that they would not buy Wetsounds for the very same reason... Maybe people like Tim will realize that this type of spokesperson is not always the best.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-06-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
I'm still waiting to hear all about David's killer set up on his boat ....... I'm sure that's coming any day. Maybe you should move to another forum David. Don't get why your always on here raining on everyones parade on setups , sub boxes and well more importantly anything evolving EXILE. My experiences with Brian and his crew have been beyond great. Personally I don't even know what your talking about 90% of the time in reagards to the technical garbage and really don't care. My gear goes boom boom pow , sounds great and more importantly I get great support from EXILE with any questions I have. Both Brian from EXILE and Time at wetsounds seem to be positive and helpful to this community you should try doing the same or move along.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-06-2015, 7:45 PM Reply   
Diggs and SHane, there's a lot of info that you guys don't know. David and Earmark was a retailer for Exile at one time. Not now, there's a reason for that. Read between the lines. David is pointing out that a manufacturer is blowing smoke. You guys aren't hearing it because you own that product and you like it. That's fine. You don't like the comments in this thread, don't reply to them.

There's a lot more to this story that you and I know about.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-06-2015, 7:54 PM Reply   
David looks like a tenacious ex girlfriend whenever anything Exile gets posted. It's awkward.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
+1 Customer Service always trumps quantum physics.
Most of us are not rocket scientists but just normal people who just want to have a good time boating with family and friends knowing that a good audio dealer will always be there in apinch even on a weekend. They are both good products so its no crime if your competition has a product that others can use.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-06-2015, 9:05 PM Reply   
If I'm
Not mistaken he said and proved that exile lies about their product and even the exile guy didn't want to get in to it because he was gonna get shut down. And you guys don't like the fact that he's pulling the wool from your eyes? Thats kinda weird. I personally don't care either way.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-06-2015, 10:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
If I'm
Not mistaken he said and proved that exile lies about their product and even the exile guy didn't want to get in to it because he was gonna get shut down. And you guys don't like the fact that he's pulling the wool from your eyes? Thats kinda weird. I personally don't care either way.
Car's kill people all the time from defective designs. Auto Companies deny it, recall it later and pay huge fines and settlements. But in the end, people still buy their cars.

Steve Job's said you were holding his phone wrong, but for some crazy reason people still stand in line for the iPhone.

Politicians lie every day to your face and you still vote for them, over and over again.

I guess the whole David vs. Exile thing gets magnified because this community is small in relative terms but the concept is still the same. Exile will still produce products that people want to buy regardless of the past or the claims of internet hero's looking to discredit people that are successful.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-07-2015, 7:20 AM Reply   
I actually just swooped the bt. Just because it was half the cost of wetsounds.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=tyler97217;1908161]I would love to see an Exile post that DavidAnalog does not come on and try to bash. There is obviously some beef, but keep it to yourself or between you and Exile. Not sure what it is and I don't care. I usually don't get involved this stuff, but it is getting to the point where it is obvious and annoying. Yes I own Exile and very happy with it, but I don't have some ownership goggles about it. They make a great product and are continuing to innovate and force Wetsounds to innovate. We should all be happy about that as we are the beneficiaries as the consumer. Maybe not David, cause I don't think he owns any of the above. I don't talk trash about Wetsound systems and don't appreciate when others do either. This is a small word and fair enterprise for all. Exile is obviously a known and proven brand and I think that most see through DavidAnalogs posts and agenda. I am sure I don't have to bring attention to it. I actually read DavidAnalogs posts and gain tons of knowledge from them and think it is all valuable until he mentions Exile. He immediately turns from the knowledgeable one to the vindictive one. Thank god he has not taken over the Supra forum cause I hear he does the same thing on themalibucrew.
Anyway its a $50 product and will be a big help for little money to many people on this forum. Also, I can sum this up without stirring up another Exile thread that DavidAnalog sank and let DavidAnalog know that I have a Big 12 and it pounds... Even my Wetsounds buddies can acknowledge it... Let fair enterprise roll and show some class......


Could not agree more!!!!!! Its constant just look at any thread that has anything to do with Exile and bam Dave shows up to rip them. I try to respect his knowledge but his BS vindictive posting anger and rage against Brian clouds all that. Brian simply answered the question what he considered the difference and did not slam their product at all. Just the differences and why he thought his was better. WTF Get a life you sold your business you were never an owner of WS just up their ass. My experience with both companies has been great. Why should Brian get involved in some sort of pissing match that will go back and forth with dave spewing tech terms that about 1% of us understand trying to look smart. According to Dave WS = LORD and SAVIOR on the water. Exile = Kraco. Come on enough!!!!

Last edited by tampawake; 04-07-2015 at 9:30 AM.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
I've been on this forum a long long time, and the person who has had the best stereo advice and knowledge has always been David. Yes he may be telling you things you guys don't like, but from what I can tell he's doing so with solid information and knowledge. Shooting the messenger just because you don't like the message is the most ridiculous and emotional reaction I've seen in this thread. if you guys like your systems great, but it's not like he's coming on here bashing with nothing to back up his claims
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-07-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
If a manufacturer has a history of deception regarding his own products and specifications, which is well chronicled, then how can he be considered objective and credible when commenting on the products of his direct-competitors?
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-07-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
I've been on this forum a long long time, and the person who has had the best stereo advice and knowledge has always been David. Yes he may be telling you things you guys don't like, but from what I can tell he's doing so with solid information and knowledge. Shooting the messenger just because you don't like the message is the most ridiculous and emotional reaction I've seen in this thread. if you guys like your systems great, but it's not like he's coming on here bashing with nothing to back up his claims

No, David is going well beyond giving quality advice. I appreciate his audio knowledge and the advice he gives but not his commentary on every Exile post on every single boating forum! It's old, and a lot of us are tired of it.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-07-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
Actually, this same Exile BT subject has come up in threads on at least two other wake forums in the past few days. I haven't made a comment on those.
So it's not entirely 'every' thread or post.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2015, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
No, David is going well beyond giving quality advice. I appreciate his audio knowledge and the advice he gives but not his commentary on every Exile post on every single boating forum! It's old, and a lot of us are tired of it.
I don't always prescribe to the appeal to authority point of view, but it's not like he isn't bringing facts. In the end I just see people reacting emotionally to them, I don't think he's doing anything wrong. If you can disprove what he says with facts then that will shut him up, until then....

I have no beef with exile, and limited knowledge of their products, so I have no dog in this fight, but I do know when I have a stereo question the first person, on this and other related forums, I look for for answers from is David, because he knows what he's talking about
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2015, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
Actually, this same Exile BT subject has come up in threads on at least two other wake forums in the past few days. I haven't made a comment on those.
So it's not entirely 'every' thread or post.


Not True David, post 19 and 22. they were constructive (not brand bashing)
, but you made comments

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...ighlight=exile
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       04-07-2015, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
Not True David, post 19 and 22. they were constructive (not brand bashing)
, but you made comments

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...ighlight=exile
He didn't comment "on topic" in that thread (mine).



That said, I also value David's input, but likewise even I get tired of the attacking and bashing.


Pretty much every thread goes like this:

David: I only speak in facts, my bashing is therefore credible
Brian: here are the strengths of my product. Fact 1, fact 2, fact 3.
David: you are a liar, you are deceptive, your facts are not credible. Therefore, only I can state facts in a thread even if it bashes exile repeatedly.


David, if Brian wants to answer questions, let him. Don't go out of your way to attempt to throw his products and credibility under the bus at every turn. In the end, the proof is in the pudding. If people choose to drink the coolaid, so what. It's not your job to protect the buying public from manufacturer claims (true, false or otherwise).

Personally, I believe that Exile did their research on this product. I don't feel threatened by their claims of how the Apt-x codecs is superior to BT3.0, I think that their approach to eliminate interference by removing shielding is great.

Just take it down a notch. Let Exile be.
It'd be one thing if you gave equal time to the merits of their products as well as the perceived shortcomings, but all we hear is you shouting from the mountaintops about their weaknesses and lack of credibility. it's tiring to say the least.



Again, I have been personally helped by the exile bashers. I respect their knowledge and appreciate their help and think the forums are a better place because of their contributions. It's just that the negativity is offsetting those contributions in a negative way. We need to find a legitimate balance...
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-07-2015, 1:13 PM Reply   
Whenever I see a post from DA, this is the image that comes to mind
Attached Images
 
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-07-2015, 1:27 PM Reply   
Lmfao!!!! That guy merked everybody!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-07-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
If a manufacturer has a history of deception regarding his own products and specifications, which is well chronicled, then how can he be considered objective and credible when commenting on the products of his direct-competitors?
You guys aren't understanding those words. You forget that David's previous company sold this product. If anyone knows about it, he does.

If your not ready to pull the wool off your head, you may one day. Until then, keep drinking the Kool-aid.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-07-2015, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
You guys aren't understanding those words. You forget that David's previous company sold this product. If anyone knows about it, he does.

If your not ready to pull the wool off your head, you may one day. Until then, keep drinking the Kool-aid.
It's funny everyone still thinks we are talking about exile vs wetsounds/jl....we are talking about how predictable and annoying David is.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-07-2015, 9:23 PM Reply   
Stop pissing in my Cheerios! I like the koolaid and will keep drinking it. This thread makes me want to drink more of it actually.

In all seriousness. I respect DavidAnalogs knowledge. I really do and try to learn off it and have read his posts for years. There is just an obvious bias and there is an affiliation with DA and Wetsounds and Earmark whether he wants to admit it or not. He states no, but some simple searching on the internet still shows he is listed as the president of Earmark as of 10/14. That is with the state of Texas. I don't know and really don't care. If everyone that drank the Exile koolaid wanted to get on the interwebs and be the latest greatest DavidAnalog.... let's dub that new guy as DavidDigital and start tearing apart Wetsounds, I am sure it could be done and find flaws. To me they are making each other innovate and they are clearly the best brands and the market speaks that. Let it be...

I have been on WW for many years now and can remember when it was awesome. Everyone helping everyone. Everyone sharing the stoke for everyone's boats. The WW food fight really started with Wetsounds and Exile battles several years ago and turned in to boat brand bashing and anything to fight about. Over the last few months things seem to be getting good and the bashing is stopping and then here we go again. Just do your part and give up on it and let Exile be Exile. Let Wetsounds be Wetsounds. Let Mastercraft be Mastercraft etc....

Everything you spew may be correct in your mind and others, but we don't all drink your koolaid either and it just gets old after 10 times and after every Exile thread comes out.

I just saw that other thread about Fman switching to Exile in his new boat from WS. I heard it was cause DavidAnalog drove him to do it.... Ok I kid, but had to say it. He made the move and posted in a classy manner about it. Didn't trash talk anyone along the line. Learn from it. They are both awesome
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-07-2015, 9:57 PM Reply   
More importantly... why doesn't my stupid iPhone 6 have apt-X?
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-08-2015, 6:26 AM Reply   
It's the critical Exile owners who keep prolonging this issue in this thread.
They are so desperate to mute any opposing opinion, facts or information in general, that they are now making stuff up. For example. I am retired. As of two years ago I sold all stock in Earmark. I'm not in Earmark's or anyone's employment. I have zero stock. Zero vote. Zero compensation. No W2. The new and whole owners are Odin Mattes in one operation and Joe Parker in the other operation.
Any information to the contrary on the internet or otherwise is incorrect and may take years to update. The fact is that at this point I am not in the audio industry in any way or form.
So I have nothing to gain or lose whether you buy Exile, JL Audio, Wetsounds, Kicker, or any other audio product.
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-08-2015, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
It's the critical Exile owners who keep prolonging this issue in this thread.
They are so desperate to mute any opposing opinion, facts or information in general, that they are now making stuff up. For example. I am retired. As of two years ago I sold all stock in Earmark. I'm not in Earmark's or anyone's employment. I have zero stock. Zero vote. Zero compensation. No W2. The new and whole owners are Odin Mattes in one operation and Joe Parker in the other operation.
Any information to the contrary on the internet or otherwise is incorrect and may take years to update. The fact is that at this point I am not in the audio industry in any way or form.
So I have nothing to gain or lose whether you buy Exile, JL Audio, Wetsounds, Kicker, or any other audio product.
www.golfnow.com
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-08-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
It's the critical Exile owners who keep prolonging this issue in this thread.
They are so desperate to mute any opposing opinion, facts or information in general, that they are now making stuff up. For example. I am retired. As of two years ago I sold all stock in Earmark. I'm not in Earmark's or anyone's employment. I have zero stock. Zero vote. Zero compensation. No W2. The new and whole owners are Odin Mattes in one operation and Joe Parker in the other operation.
Any information to the contrary on the internet or otherwise is incorrect and may take years to update. The fact is that at this point I am not in the audio industry in any way or form.
So I have nothing to gain or lose whether you buy Exile, JL Audio, Wetsounds, Kicker, or any other audio product.
I believe its the critical retirees. Go tee it up somewhere. Dallas has tons of courses. I'll even send you an Exile BT for your golf cart...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2015, 8:20 AM Reply   
Ha ha... DavidAnalog. I don't care as I said in my post. I also have no vested interest in Exile and could care less. I have owned all brands and probably would consider WS every year also, but because of you, I probably never will. The point is your constant attempts to throw them off their perch. Try to disguise your animosity a little more and many people would not care. But for now...... get back to what you were doing....
Attached Images
 
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-08-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
Any information to the contrary on the internet or otherwise is incorrect and may take years to update. .
Dude?, Years to update? your not that big of a deal.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-08-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
Ha ha... DavidAnalog. I don't care as I said in my post. I also have no vested interest in Exile and could care less. I have owned all brands and probably would consider WS every year also, but because of you, I probably never will. The point is your constant attempts to throw them off their perch. Try to disguise your animosity a little more and many people would not care. But for now...... get back to what you were doing....
While I do agree with some of your points, you are posting that you dont care but are making it quite obvious you do. Also, because some guy on WW who has no actual affiliation with a brand talks crap about an opposing brand and that makes you not ever want to buy that brand's product. Yep, makes perfect sense
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-08-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
David's point is this:

Quote:
The xi800.4 wasn't 800 watts and came up 45% short. That was an intentional deception. The rest of that series didn't make spec either.
The first EQ had Burr Brown chips but only in two of seven chips...excluding the more important signal processing chips. The SQ benefits were quoted right out of a Burr Brown DAC brochure but there is no D to A conversion in the EQ. Just hype and fluff.
The first EQ boasted 7 volts but that voltage was divided between two zones rather than having discrete chips. So it might have been 7 volts but not 6 X 7 volts.
The new EQ boast 9 volts but all the amplifiers have inputs limited to 6 volts.
The XM9 claims to have an Sd of 44.65 sq.in. That's either a total fabrication or you don't know how to calculate such a simple spec. It's about 22% over reality.
Intentional deception. Those are the words used. Look them up and see what they mean. Or keep buying misrepresented products.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-08-2015, 10:36 AM Reply   
Of course guys care ? ... And it's obvious in this post that people do and take some amount of pride in what they have chosen to purchase with there paycheck. I love a good bit of banter , Malibu vs Supra , Wetsounds vs Exile it all comes down to pride and fun. But with that said I enjoy it with other boat owners who don't have a iinterest in the company or brand they are pushing. This is a boating community and as far as I can tell David's never been on a boat ..... If the guy who just loaded up his G3 with Wetsounds wants to talk some trash bring it on ! It's all in good fun and that's what this community should be fun. David is bringing some good info to these forums but a majority seems to be negative and that gets old fast. Well moving on and speaking the greatest of WW anyone know how Potatoshack is doing after he sank his boat ? I heard it was caused by the weight of the Rev10 ......
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
Connor - I was kidding. Hoped you sensed that, but to that point I know others feel that way and was speaking of an earlier comment. I have been on this forum a LONG time and look back at my history. I don't get into these spats online. It is just annoying. No more than that. Sure if you pick on a brand that I spent my hard earned money on and am very very happy with, I will try to lend support to defend them from someone that has another motive to some extent. I am an adult and can handle it and won't get too worked up about it. Maybe a tinge though..... ha ha

jonyb - Sure we get your point for the 18th time and I am very happy with my inferior product (as you make clear) and so are many others or Exile would not be crushing it. Ford told me that my Ecoboost would get 20MPG and I come to find out, I don't get that in my tested environment and damn I am pissed and plan on starting a war on some forum to sink Ford. Truth be told is I don't really have a vested interest and I don't really care. Love the truck. I have respected you and your inputs for many years also. It is also known that you are a Wetsounds retailer and you have a vested interest in driving this home and I am sure if Exile offered you some sweet deal where margins were much better you would be changing your tune. I know you will deny it and that is ok, but I am also a business man and know how business works.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Back to the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Went ahead and ordered one of these. Will report on it when I get it in, supposedly should ship around the 15th.


Let us know how you come out on the install and performance, including pictures.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
Its unfortunate to see Brian and David square off as I have purchased products from Earmark and own a complete Exile system purchased from Bakes. What I can tell you is my Exile system has been really reliable and never had an issue..well almost. The tower speakers broke off the mounts as the shells are just plastic. This has happened to a few other guys in the area. However they were covered under warranty. I also ran a Jl 400.4amp purchased from Earmark and Bullet speakers. I would say the Bullets are my favorites as the shell far more durable than Exile and Wetsounds. However the JL amp gave me grief. David was great and it was reparied under warranty once or twice then replaced. I am not certain it was the amp or perhaps another issue in the boat that was causing the amp to fail. Regardless customer service was good but the sensitivity of the amp proved to be a problem.

My local stereo shop is not the biggest fan of Exile so I purchased the equipment from Bakes and took it to him to install. Being we are friends he agreed to do the install even though he is not the biggest Exile fan. He is also an old school guy like David and doesnt buy into the all the hype of Exile. He has been around and knows the history bac kt to the old Pheonix Gold days. I get what he is saying and I dont beleive all the marketing but chose to purchase Exile regardless. Did I drink the Koolaid - hell no. Do I think Exile is decent and the product is reliable - yes.

So take it for whats it worth - Exile is decent as are the other brands. Is it the best product out there and should guys be standing on a soap box to defend the product -no. Most of us who read Davids posts get it and likely he has some validity to his story. Should David lay off, probably about time - point is proven and time to move on.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
I wish david would just go buy exileaudio.sucks, post each and every bit of dirt and discrepancy that gives him heartburn there, and post a link to his site on is ww profile. Then if you want to look at the detail of alleged misstatements and misrepresentations you can, and david doesn't need to unnecessarily grind his axe in every thread where the "E" word is mentioned.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
And back to the OP's post on the Exile BT - I will be ordering one from Bakes shortly!
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-08-2015, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I wish david would just go buy exileaudio.sucks, post each and every bit of dirt and discrepancy that gives him heartburn there, and post a link to his site on is ww profile. Then if you want to look at the detail of alleged misstatements and misrepresentations you can, and david doesn't need to unnecessarily grind his axe in every thread where the "E" word is mentioned.
Good News! It's on sale!
Attached Images
 
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-08-2015, 8:24 PM Reply   
Diggs, sending you a pm.
Old     (dougpyne)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-08-2015, 8:54 PM Reply   
I totally believe in the golden rule. Brian has always been there for me and has gone behond what he needed to do to keep my business. He is always there for me and I appreciate him. I am no audio expert and never will be it's not my profession but it is one of my outs from my stressful business. I appreciate you Brian for your patience and honest way you do business.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-09-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
I ordered one so once it's released I'll let you know how good it works

Oh and everything in my boat is Exile and I love it!!

Last edited by breakz77; 04-09-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-09-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpyne View Post
I totally believe in the golden rule. Brian has always been there for me and has gone behond what he needed to do to keep my business. He is always there for me and I appreciate him. I am no audio expert and never will be it's not my profession but it is one of my outs from my stressful business. I appreciate you Brian for your patience and honest way you do business.
Agreed 1000%
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-01-2015, 6:15 PM Reply   
Seams like the range is pretty good based on this video.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
That's bad ass!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
I think I'm gonna have to get one of these. I have Wetsounds on my golf cart and the range is terrible supposedly because its aluminum but I can literally be sitting behind my cart and have it constantly cutting out.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
The Blue Tooth Class in the phone is a huge part of the range equation. So blue tooth receiver A cab perform well for user X and not so well for user Z and people wonder why, without ever thinking about the transmitter.

http://www.sans.edu/research/securit...icle/bluetooth
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-02-2015, 12:29 PM Reply   
(TigeMike + Chpthril +MLA) - Thank you sir(s) for bringing up this point about your legacy cell phone issues..



You should consider upgrading your phone if your having range issues. Or consider a hands free kit for that matter (*I'm just playing ).

In all sincerity - my guess is that 99% of the people here are rocking higher end smart phones and not legacy pieces. The transmission power from the hand set is a relatively set and therefore a mute point. In fact, the full transmit power is typically used upon discovery of other devices. So if it is designed to transmit 100mW max, it will use that for a brief 3-5 seconds. Regular transmission, about 1/3 of max power after sync'd and then streamed.

Speaking of legacy-- one of the neat things about the Bluetooth 4.0 standard, is the Bluetooth low energy mode of (when enabled) of receiver devices. The Exile EXBT4 is LE mode enabled achieves a much better power consumption for a similar range compared to legacy. How much? How long? Who knows. .I think all the white papers on the subject are just that-- theoretical jargon. I'd say go try it and see. It's important for everyone to note: It's easy to get carried away with this spec or that codec... but if your not equipped for that your sync will default to the common denominator between devices.

The initial reports from customers actually using the Exile dongle have been pretty damn positive on ease of install / operation / range and no noise. I'd enjoy hearing people's first hand experiences. Anyone?

Last edited by brianinpdx; 05-02-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2015, 6:35 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Yeah TM you needn't worry about the quality of the multitude of sources I've synced with the Ws-Bt. Tim himself told be that the aluminum has demonstrated inference issues.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-03-2015, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Back to the original post:

Let us know how you come out on the install and performance, including pictures.
Got mine installed. Sound quality seems as good if not better than using the headphone jack on my phone (LG G3). Haven't really tested out the range as my phone just sits on the dash when we are out. I'll have to go out in the garage and test the range out.

Overall I'm extremely happy with it. I'm not running any head unit so my setup consist of running the Exile BT into my Exile ZLD MKII.

I didn't take any install pics, but the BT is just zip tied up under the dash. Here is a picture of my ZLD mounted in place of my head unit.
Attached Images
 
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
I installed this last week (which was a very easy 5 min install) and used it over the weekend and am very impressed.

Sound quality was perfect and it's nice to not have any cords attached to phones.

A++
Old     (dougpyne)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-10-2015, 11:48 AM Reply   
Mine is now installed. Pairs with my phone super easy and sounds great! I use Spotify with the sound quality set to the highest level works great! It's range is over a feet with my Samsung S-5 phone. Great product Brian.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-12-2015, 7:08 AM Reply   
Thanks Doug. Spotify is a great option with the Exile BT receiver. Make sure your setting is on "Extreme" and you'll get full 320kbps bit quality. You'll hear the difference for sure.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-17-2015, 11:48 AM Reply   
DIGGS,

I love it. Well said.

I get so tired of hearing David's so called expertise. Get off here if you have nothing good to say. Where is the admin when you need them, oh emailing other people trying to run them off when they have no affiliation whatsoever with a manufacturer.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us