Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2009, 1:44 PM Reply   
From Centurion Crew

Effective August 1, 2009 Centurion boats assumes total distribution for all products
world wide. For nearly two decades Centurion dealers in the western United States
worked through a distributor whose contract expired.
“We are living in unprecedented times in the marine business and this is the perfect
opportunity for us to galvanize the Centurion brand and grow our market share with a
consistent and energizing plan under one banner,” declared Centurion CEO Rick Lee.
Welcoming more than 40 new dealers to a factory direct relationship, Centurion has
rolled out the red carpet. Accordingly, the companyʼs 2010 programs have been
overhauled and fine tuned to meet market conditions and inspire business
partnerships. Creating meaningful brand value that enhances margins and protects
dealers market area, Centurion has forged a new Centurion Authorized Dealership
program. Resonating strongly with dealers, Centurionʼs new 2010 programs have
been widely embraced.
Despite the economy, Centurion has advanced new products, features and
technologies and even formed a new Commercial Flight Division targeted toward
commercial watersports operators. Further, the company has invested heavily in
cutting edge consumer development web based technology. Centurion management
believes that its combination of world class products, new technologies and
commitment to its dealer network positioning the company well ahead of competitors.
While other companies may be faltering, Centurion is strengthening its core
competencies, investing in its expanding dealer network and increasing production in
both of its California and North Carolina factories.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Good for them.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
This should be good for the Centurion Brand. I wonder if they are going to put restrictions on the dealer's to not sell out of their area on current year models? Hopefully for the brand image and better service they do this so there aren't dealers out whoring their boats with no margins.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-26-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Territory restrictions simply benefit only one person the dealer. The consumer gets hurt twice because the price gets fixed, and it doesn't matter how you treat the consumer because if they want that brand they are stuck with you. kind of goes against the whole american free enterprise system
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-26-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
The dealer still has to compete against the other boat brands in it's area. Also who the hell is suppose to service your boat if you buy a boat out of the area because it was 2 grand cheaper? The amount of money the dealer makes is decreased and the level of service will be less. That I is where we disagree I guess.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Has anyone mentioned that Sanger has followed the same path?

Not sure how that will play out for a much smaller builder like Sanger...having the backing of the KK staff seemed to benefit them over the years.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-27-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Once again I think this is good. Karl was just an unneeded middle man who had his hand in way too much of this business. Doesn't he own V/M trailers, Supreme, Reinell, Blue Water and on top of that isn't he the west coast distributor for Mercruiser/Mercury?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
I tend to agree, but Karl also brought Pellaton to the table, and Scott has done as much for Sanger over the years as anyone.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-27-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Sanger is distributed by Kal Kustom -

The issue with Centurion being dropped by KK is the warranty situation. Every Centurion sold on the westcoast had the warranty paid for by Kal Kustom and without them Fineline is having issues.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
I hate to interupt a good story with the facts but nothing not one thing in that last post is true!!!!!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
TQ, you might want to check your sources.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Didn't Correct Craft just go through this same thing? I beleive they went from a distributor to factory direct also.
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Kevin are you sure that NONE of the post is true?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
Ok I did post that to fast on my blackberry

I should have said

I hate to interupt a good story with the facts but nothing about Fineline and KK in that last post is true!!!!!

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Is it true that Centurion have moved to PCM?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
That's what Jeff Jones said at Nationals.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
YEP that is true
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
Well I don't know what to tell you Kevin, but we are having trouble with warranties at Fineline. The boats that were sold by KK have to get a special authorization to get any warranty work done period that is the fact.
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-28-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Why has Centurion switched to PCM? I have an 09 enzo with the merc, and it seems to be a great motor other than it blew 3 exhaust gaskets...But very easy to find a certified service dealer with out having to go back to my boat dealership. I had a PCM in my old mastercraft and it was a great motor, just curious as to why the change...

I do have to say, I had quite a few quality issues since mine was the first production 09 sent out to a customer. All me dealer did was waste my time, but the rep at centurion really took care of my boat and got it back in almost perfect shape...A axle went bad on the way back to me from the factory, but they put me in contact with the trailer company and they sent an axle out to me within days!
Contact the East Coast division, I have had good warranty luck with them!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
TQ

Well I don't know what to tell you but by your profile I can tell where you are getting your info
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
The info is coming from current experiences and situations that we are dealing with. The fact is that I do warranty work and there are issues since the break up getting fineline to pay any Centurion warranties.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
I don't see Centurion on your web site, are/where you a Centurion dealer?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-01-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
Dropped the Centurion line, but we still take care of warranty work/service.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
"The boats that were sold by KK have to get a special authorization to get any warranty work done period that is the fact."

That was true KK required that but since the break up a month ago the published warranty and procedures are the same for the entire country. There may be some learning curve but
Fineline Industries stands behind the products they manufacturer no matter what line of boat it is within thier published warranty

(Message edited by krbaugh on September 01, 2009)
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
"Has anyone mentioned that Sanger has followed the same path?

Not sure how that will play out for a much smaller builder like Sanger...having the backing of the KK staff seemed to benefit them over the years."

If this is true with Sanger, anyone able to provide a contact e-mail that can be used to speak with Sanger about boat issues? I always used to e-mail Scott, and the Sanger website does not provide an e-mail.