Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-04-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
In the drive trailer on the home page (http://wakeworld.com/Galleries/GetImage.asp?GalleryID=464&ImageID=96), I can't figrue out what the third trick is that he is doing.

He does a TS 900, then a Moby Dick 5, the the unknown trick.

It looks like either a crazy corked out TS roll2 blind, or a blind pete 5, or something.... its just throwing me off. If it was a blind pete, there woudn't be a handle pass at the end.... some clear this up... lol
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-04-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Looks just like a really banked out OA blind 5...
or his signature little TS roll to blind, with a little extra
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
method Toe off blind 5
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-05-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Sick trailer, but let's be honest...that's no method. Not even close. More like melan toe . . .
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-05-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Sorry to bring up an old argument..wouldn't it be a Toe off melan BS 5? I thought blind was a landing. (Its never good when the description takes longer than the damn trick).

Besides Randy's first two tricks blow it away IMO. Wrapped corked indy 3. amen.
Old    110outlet            10-05-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Im pretty sure its a toeside backside offaxis 540 with a method grab. Its a method not melon, even though its not a long grab its more then a tap.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
you can hold a melon grab as long as you want, that doesn't make a method. A method is a move all in it's own you can't do it while doing any other trick. You can do a method to something though. example: method to fs 180 or method to bs 180, or even a hs bs 360 to method. The position that the board must be in is what makes the method a move and not a grab. That is my stance on the situation anyway.

It is a ts bs oa 5 with a melon grab.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I disagree Robert... You can do a backside 3 (HS) to late Method. Danny does 'em.

Anyway... He's got major steeze.

That's one ill looking video teaser. I can't wait to pick up some fresh vids.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-05-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
I think Robert was saying you CAN do those tricks Evan.
Old    110outlet            10-05-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
Ive seen the pics of the backside 3 to method Harf does, super smooth. Melon is in between the legs and method in front, if you argue a method is a move which it is, his legs are 90 degrees like a method and not sucked in like you would do for a melon grab. Its like trying to argue the difference between a hoochie glide and a method glide, they both look sweet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-05-2007, 3:20 PM Reply   
Jason, that is not what differentiates between a Method vs a Melan. Method is between the feet, so is melan. Method is pulled across the body.

Any W$R would argue that legit grabs are only between the feet or nose/tail.

This is what I call a method, you would call this a melan?
Upload
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
there is no such thing as a method grab...it's a move...you GRAB the board melan...you DO a method...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-05-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
and just for the record...Benny G does the nastiest poked out tweaked method i've ever seen...
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-05-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
amen.
Old    110outlet            10-06-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
agree to disagree lol, its funny i just read a instructional with jeff mekee and a method is a backfoot kicked out melon, but if you watch Higher education charlie patterson says a method is front hand in front of the binding, Zane Schwenk teaches a hoochie glide as a raley with a method grab, hand in front of the binding. If you want to tell them there not grabbing legit just make sure im there so i can see there reaction.
http://www2.worldpub.net/images/special/WK/grabindex1.swf
ya may want to check this link out, its directly from the wakeboardingmag website, interactive board with grabs.
Old    K.B.C.            10-06-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
"there is no such thing as a method grab...it's a move...you GRAB the board melan...you DO a method..."

yup.