Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Finally finshed the tower box, was much more labour intensive than I first anticipated.
Anyway, the box holds a pair of 6x9's & a pair of 6&1/2's facing back to wards the rider. I have made the mounting ring angled up towards the sky by about 15º so when the boat is on plain & riding a bit nose high they will point at the rider rather than the water directly behind the boat. Also the 6&1/2's are offset by 12º to point outside the wakes for when your cutting out.

On the bottom side of the box I have another pair of 6x9's firing directly down into the boat, the mounting ring is aggresively slanted to make the speaker mount parallel with the floor. Each speaker compartment is an individual chamber. It's off to the painters now to get sealed & top coated.

I've got some photos of various stages of manufacture if anyones interested.

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-10-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
that looks very impressive.

one question though. arent you gonna blow away the people sitting in the boat with those 2 speakers pointed straight down at them? i know it is plenty loud sitting in the back of the boat with just the cans that i have facing backwards, much less straight down.
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 6:09 PM Reply   
Looks great, but how much does it weigh? I hope it doesn't put too much stress on the tower. Great innovative design.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2003, 6:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments!

The speakers facing the rider are on one pair of channels & the speakers firing down are on another so I should be able to fade between them. I envisage having the rear speakers turned off some of the time and only running the down firing pair. These are the only speakers for the boat except for 3 subs in the cabin, a 12 at the drivers feet & 2 tens in the v-drive lockers.

The box weighs about 40 pounds without speakers, it's going into a proflight swoop, I think it will be ok.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
40lbs w/o the drivers, that is REALLY heavy.

what brackets are you using to support that weight?

KG
Signature Series