Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (squeezer)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
Just installed a PP Stargazer on my father-in-laws V210. Everything is hooked up and working according to plan except for the tach signal. I went to the gray wire on the back of the tack and grounded to the switch panel but no luck.

Is it possible that the tach signal is digital at the gauge? is there an analog tach wire at the helm or do I need to run back to the distributor? Can anybody with a later Sanger help me out...

Cheers

Chris
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
I can tell you that it is analog then converts to digital at the gauge but thats where it ends for me. When I installed my HSE RVC I had to get a RPM signal sender because we couldn't figure out which wire to use.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
My tach reading doesn't work either on my v210....I never use it anyways
Old     (bmcgorrin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-02-2010, 9:22 PM Reply   
I hooked mine up to the grey wire going into the control unit under the dash (Coming from the engine). There are two grey wires and I must have picked the right one because it works on mine.
Old     (squeezer)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-03-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
Brendan,

Just tried a bunch of different wires under the dash... can you be a bit more specific??? ;-)

Cheers

Chris
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-03-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
The grey wire from the engine is usually the tach but the back of Sanger tachs might have a grey stripe on a different colored wire. You can run a wire direct from the harness on the engine to the Stargazer. On the Mercruiser harness there will be a labeled plug that says 'tach' or 'rpm'.
Old     (bmcgorrin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-04-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Chris,
Don't remember exactly without looking under the dash but mine had 2 connectors with about 20-30 wires each. I think the connector closests to the front of the boat had the grey wire which is the tach wire from the engine, towards the rear of the connector. Hopefully yours is similar and this helps you find it. The tach function is only used if you want to calibrate the PP for pulling skiers but if you are like me, you want everything to work like it's supposed to even if you don't use it.

You shouldn't have to run a wire from the motor to the perfect pass, unless that is what the instructions tell you to do. Just need the raw tach signal from the motor to the control unit, not the wire from the control unit to the tach.

Good luck, let me know if this helps-Brendan