Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
Had a chance to meet Shane Bonifay tonight at the Spokane Boat Show, at the Master Craft booth. He seemed like a really nice guy. He went ahead and signed up a handful of posters for my students.(I teach high school)

I totally embarrassed my wife when I asked him about landing a tantrum. I have been working on this trick on and off for the last few years and I felt like I was able to get some good pointers from Shane. Just have to make sure that I remember them come riding time. Overall, I was very impressed with Shane, and I also loved looking at all of the wake boats.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-02-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
nice job, always cool to have hints from a pro rider ! Couple years ago his bro Parks did the same with me at the Montreal boat show Seems like the Bonifay's are really cool guys then
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
Post was great on many levels.

Posters for the students.

Hearing Shane was so approachable. It seems to be the norm with these guys/girls, but is always refreshing to read again.

But the best, embarrassing the wife asking for tips on landing inverts.... That made my morning.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-02-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Shane is a great guy, glad you got the chance to meet him.

I actually met him one day when I was working. At the time I worked at the local movie theatre nearest to SeaTac airport and he had a big layover. So he came and saw a movie. He had not problem signing a mag I had in my car and taking a picture, it's to bad the batteries in the camera were dead.....
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-02-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Shane is a good dude. I am proud to say I know him and he has spent time with my family riding. Shane is a great athlete for our sport and a cool guy too. He has brought his mom & brother to meet me several times... Funny time with his mom, Betty...
he introduced her to me... she said, "I already know Joe... we go way back!" Betty used to ride in the Veterans division at Nationals...always a great inspiration and lots of fun. The Bonafay family rocks... if you get a chance to talk to Parks... ask him about riding Taverua Surf Spot in Indo. Aloha
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
yah Shane is def an awesome guy, everytime he is in town i chat him up, signed my LF relentless board lasttime he was in town!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-04-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
You know last year I got a once in a life chance to meet and hang out with a lot of the pro riders. I some how found myself meeting the right people and taken behind the scenes of the boat show. I had a chance to meet and have quite of few drinks with these guys. I really got the feel for which riders really like the fans and the others that like the fame. 1 Henshaw is one hell of a guy, not only very popular but willing to set time aside and chat, damn the guy gave me his number and said if I every make it to FL to hit him up for a place to stay. He will be flying into SLC Feb 19th and we are hooking up to get some powder runs in. 2 Watson, Ennen (sp?) two VERY nice guys and they have some stories . Shane & Ruck get a thumbs up, Parks get a , I don't know if it was the Meds. with his knee or what but he looked spaced out the whole time, it was cool that he stopped by even though he wasn't riding. Best part of it all is that I got a chance to watch the slide show from the deck with all the riders. Boat show in 3 weeks and cant wait!