Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    live2board            06-27-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Welcome! Use this discussion group as much as possible to talk about ideas for organizing a wakeboard club or just a means to keep in touch with fellow wakeboarders around this area! The 4th of July is coming up and that would be a good time for everybody to meet back up on the water.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-29-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
Hey fellas. anybody out there?
Old    bamaboarder            06-30-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
Hi guys, hope all of you are getting to get in a few sessions with all this rain. I know it is really putting a damper on things for me. I guess the sun has got to come back out sometime.
Old    live2board            06-30-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
I took my last session until July 21st this past Saturday. I was pleased with it. I need the break, I have been nursing a few minor aches and pains (Hey Rob, "Pain is weakness leaving the body. haha haha). Thanks for posting. Did Jeff Royal ever get up with you about some pictures? Try to get a group together for the 4th and let others you meet out on the lake know about this wakeboard group. The more the merrier!
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-30-2003, 9:31 PM Reply   
Man we havn't gotin any sessions in at all it didn't even break today until real late, and by then I didn't even fell like riding. Just bummed out about the rain.

We'll be out at Lake Martin this Saturday at Chimney Rock and Bama Park. If any of you guys see us stop and talk to us.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-01-2003, 7:47 AM Reply   
What's up Rob, Brian and Jamey??? (definately the lake levels due to the rain.) I've been trying to send you those photos but they keep coming back due to the size. Anyway, I just thought I'd post them on here.

Loading up at the dock.........participants....and boat crew....
Dock 1
Dock 2

My son Tyler (you knew I had to plug him)........
Tyler

The crowd..........
Crowd

Chad Reese........
Chad

Chad Reese......huge Air Raley..........
Air Raley
Old    blind5            07-01-2003, 3:31 PM Reply   
hey,whats up guy's? I ride on Lake Mitchell with Rob but haven't gotten to ride in a while cause of the rain either.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-02-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
I saw the strangest thing this morning driving to work. It was bright and hurt my eyes when I looked directly at it........I couldn't believe it......it was something call "the sun!" It appears that the 10 continuous days of rain is possible slowing down.

I'll be on Jordan for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I know I talked to Jamey and he said he was going to be up there this weekend. I hope to see a few more folks. If you see me, give me a shout. We'll probably be on the north end of the lake above the waterfall.
Old    bamaboarder            07-02-2003, 6:11 PM Reply   
Well guys I got the boat cleaned up today and that is the last thing that could be even remotely considered to be work that I am going to do for the next 4 days. I am heading up to Lake Jordan tomorrow morning and will be there until late Sunday. So if you see the}purple air nautique just flag us down. I assure you we will be having fun. Anyone not having fun will be thrown out of the boat! Hope to see you all soon. And Brian, good luck with your trip.

(Message edited by bamaboarder on July 02, 2003)
Old    morribd            07-02-2003, 10:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the encouragement Jamey. Come 11am on the 4th I'll be in Natal, Brazil and all of you should have already gotten done with your first very early morning set before the lake gets too crazy. Everybody watch out for Rob and his mis-matching accented bindings....

Peace out
Old    live2board            07-05-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Oi! Como vai? (Hi! How are you? in portuguese)
Weather is great down here! Beaches are beautiful, the driving is like the Indy 500. No lanes, drive really fast, no blinkers, its really something to experience. Food is great, especially the fruit. Of course, the girls are very beautiful! Wakeboarding non-exsistant in this area, some kiteboarding, and some surfing.

Hope the 4th was great, peace out.
Old    bamaboarder            07-06-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hey guys, hope everybody had a great 4th. Sure sounds like Brian did. We did manage to get in an early morning set but after that the boarding was pretty much over. Saturday was a wash. Maybe today will be better. That is if we can avoid all the waternats(jetskis) and pontoon boats.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-06-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
hey the sun is out today! that's great. Brian how come you got to be tripin on the boots. they work. We went to Lake Martin yesterday it rained on us like three or four times. not fun. hopefully it won't rain any today.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-07-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
I put my new kicker in the water yesterday it's so nice and floats great. We haven't hit it yet just haven't bought the surface yet. 5 feet tall 8 feet wide and 16 feet long
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-07-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
Well, I was on Jordan for 4 days and I didn't see you Jamey.......you might have been camoflauged amongst all the waverunners and tubers........you probably were in Swayback.......I believe that's where you usually ride.

We stayed on the north end of the lake. Rode from Thursday 4:30 pm through Sunday 8:15 pm.....only the rain slowed us down.

Sunday was the first time we had the boat loaded down. 10 people, full tanks in rear and 600 in the ski locker......incredible wake. Never done that before.....it was insane. One guy with us broke his rib on the wake (doh!)

Rob, I would suppose your kicker is going to be on Mitchell? You need to post some pics of you hittin' that thing......... BTW, how's the ankle? Is that slowing you down???

Old    bamaboarder            07-07-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
Jeff you are right, we stayed in swayback the whole time. Believe it or not the water in there wasn't all that bad. Most of the time it was actually pretty good. Was the water up on the north end any good? One time we thought about coming up there, but we were about out of gas. Amazing what a couple of fat sacs will do to gas mileage.... Rob it is great to hear about the kicker. You have definitely got to take some pictures of you guys hitting it. Oh and don't worry about the mismatched bindings. You could be starting a new trend.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-08-2003, 10:31 AM Reply   
ya i'm gonna leave my kicker up here at my house. the ankle is great no worries. i rode on it the next day, it was just a little sore. i'm gonna paint my kicker today all white then put some stickers on there.
jamie how's that progressive edge working out?
Old    bamaboarder            07-08-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Rob, the progressive edge is getting better. I landed my first hs180 on Sunday. It is just taking time to break bad habits.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-08-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
ya it always does take a lot of time to break bad habits and its even worse if you are kind of new in the sport. congrates on the 180. We had a great session today Chad, Kevin White, his girlfriend Mary-beth, Gilder Hatchett, Steve can't remember his last name, and me all rode. Big floatty wakes and lots of butter smooth water like always up here on Mitchell. but ya'll don't know noten bout dat. haha

I am starting to wonder if anyone else besides us three read this post there has got to be some more AL riders that have a computer
Old    bamaboarder            07-10-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
maybe a few more riders will find the "on" switch and start posting on here. ...I can't argue about the butter on Mitchell. We used to live in Chilton Co. and Mitchell was our lake of choice. I gotta give props to Lake Jordan also, it is not a bad place to ride. In fact, it looks like we may be moving up to Lake Jordan in the near future. I hope that works out.

Have you had a chance to hit the kicker yet? Let us know how that goes.
Old    live2board            07-10-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Whatīs up fellas? Donīt forget about me??? If I could upload some pictures I would show you how beautiful it is down here. This morning I went to one of the many beaches here and played futebol(soccer) with some of the kids from the church. This place is defiently a place to take a vacation. I canīt wait to get back on my board. I have been reading the July issue of WBM and it keeps my juices flowing. O yeah the clothes and food down here is really cheap, but good.

Be back soon,

Brian
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2003, 6:17 AM Reply   
Yes, Jamey, the water is usually pretty nice on the north end. Not many houses in that area so no one ventures past the water fall.

Got a few runs in yesterday afternoon on Jordan. No one there but fishermen......didn't even see a tuber. Pure butta.....

Rob, my Aunt has a place on Mitchell. I've been up there a few times. Nice lake. I like it because it's pretty scenic. Not many houses up there either.

Brian, sounds like the trip is going well. Isn't Brazil home of the Reef girls contest? No wonder you wanted to go. Anyway, have fun.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-13-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
If you guys ever get up here let me know and we'll hook up

Brazil is were the thong originated
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-15-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
10-4 Rob. Let me know when that kicker is ready and I might come give it a shot. My son wants to also.

I'm going to be back on Jordan this weekend if anyone wants to meet up. Probably going to be at the waterfall after lunch sometime if anyone wants to meet up. Good place to chill out while all the tubers are roughin' up the water.......
Old    live2board            07-16-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hey Rob,

I am going to be back in the US Friday morning. Unless something happens and I donīt make it on schedule. What are your plans for Friday afternoon or Saturday? email me back.

Brian
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-18-2003, 7:22 AM Reply   
Well, I'm not going to be up to the lake until Saturday mid to late afternoon.......got to go to a funeral in Dothan. Anyway, I should be there around 3:30 - 4:00 pm on Saturday and all day Sunday.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-19-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
We've got a Malabu clinic up here on Mitchell Sunday so. Monday i'll be goin to orlando. maybee i'll tow my boat down to Jordan next Sunday.
Old    bamaboarder            07-20-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Jeff, I saw you guys leaving the lake tonight. We were in swayback this afternoon. We got there kind of late so we didn't have time to venture up river. We are closing on our house on Jordan this week, and it is located one slew up from lakeview marina, so we will be spending a whole lot more time up river in the near future. I'll let you guys know when we get moved in so everyone can stop by and see where we are. Wakeboarders are always welcome!!
Rob, let me know if you come down to Jordan next weekend, maybe we can all get in a couple of sessions. Hope everything goes well with your trip to Orlando.
Brian, are you back in town yet? Next time you're going to be on Jordan let us know.
Old    live2board            07-20-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
Hey Jamey, I am defiently back in town and back in the US (redundant?), but I must say it wasn't easy leaving Natal, Brazil it was a really great place. I am not sure the next time I'll be on Jordan. I can't ever tell because it is usually a spur of the moment kind of thing.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-21-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
Jamey, I saw you as we passed Bonner's (only one Barney boat that I know of!) We were in Weoka creek Sunday morning and then went up to the water fall for lunch and early afternoon. Spent that afternoon in Blackwells until I lost "the claw!" It came loose!

Congrats on the house. You'll have to let us know when you're settled in.......have a dock warming party.

Brian, welcome back to civilization.
Rob, glad to hear that you'll be visting Jordan.......unfortunately, I'll be taking the family to Destin that weekend. Oh well, maybe another time.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-25-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
what's up guys the o-dub was great we had a blast. I was thinkin that we need to have a get together sometime. so everbody find a good date on your calender. lake jordan would be the best lake to be at cause all of you guys are already down there.
Old    live2board            07-26-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
How does August the 2nd float? This coming up Saturday. We could all meet somewhere at a specific time.....
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2003, 9:09 AM Reply   
Just got back from the 5 days at the beach........it was great. I'll be on Jordan this weekend for Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up we usually hang out at the waterfall in the early to mid afternoon.
Old    live2board            07-31-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Rob and myself are going make it out to lake jordan about 4. Rob has to work until 3 or it will take that long to finally get in the water and make it up to the North end of the lake.
Old    axman42            07-31-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
Wuddup Rob. Just found out about the discussion. I am getting married this weeekend. How is the kicker?? I hope to be riding by the end of Aug. because of my ear. Have you decided about college yet??
Old    axman42            07-31-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
Rob- I have been trying to post some pics of my slider but they are too big. Go to wakepics.com and click on media on the left side of the page and when that page comes up type in my name in the search bar. There are some pics and a video there.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
Gilder, that's a nice slider. Where's it that?
Old    axman42            07-31-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
it's on lake martin on the North end through the narrows
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
Where are the narrows? Which area (i.e. Windcreek, Madwind Creek?)

Old    axman42            07-31-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
It's past Willow Point Country Club if you are heading up the lake with the Club on your right, you just keep going until the lake ends.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-31-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
I know where that is. I'm usually on Jordan but might be making a trip up there soon. I'll let you know when I come up and you can show me how it's done. I saw your video.......nice.

Thanks.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            07-31-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
hey are all of you guys planing on going to jordan sat?
Old    live2board            07-31-2003, 11:40 PM Reply   
I am.....