Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
Yesterday while at the river boarding, I passed another boat we had seem when putting our boat in. What happen was I was pulling my friend up boarding and seem them up ahead of me. they were just idling along, and I was trying to decide on what side I should pass them on, because they were in the middle of the river on a curve. I took the left side since that the side I was pulling Josh up from. When we passed them they were yelling and flipping us off, my only response was I put my hands in the air. When we got back to take the boat out, they had busted a window out of my truck, flattened my trailer tire, fill my gas tank with stones, and stole my wiring pig-tail for my trailer.
I really don't think I did anything wrong when passing them, it just really ticks me off. I don't understand how some people can be such idiots.
And paybacks are hell!!!!!
Old    bassboy8855            07-27-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
Actualy, you shold have passed them on the right. As long as the laws are the same there as they are here. But still, thats no reason to trash someone stuff! Sorry man!
Old    krichard            07-27-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
Where they coming towards you or the same direction? Either way if you felt it was safer to pass on the left and you had a person in tow you had the right of way.
Old    bassboy8855            07-27-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
oh, i didn't noteice you had someone in tow... then yes, you were perfectly leagal... and still, i dont see anyone being able to do anything bad enough for some one to put rocks in a gas tank, thats just awfull.

Is there any chance you know who the people are and you can take them to court or something?
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 1:25 PM Reply   
I hate angry people, they have no place on any waterway!

Do yourself a favor though, don't take matters into your own hands, you can "squash" these individuals legally! As long as you have material witness, or confession(s) to their comitting the vandalism? If so, then trust me, you will certainly be the one with the last laugh......all the way to the bank!

Notify your insurance company who they are (after filing police report) and they will go after them, their family (if minors) and their insurance carrier! Nothing like a billion dollars worth of attorneys breathing down your throat.....

If their caught, be sure and let a judge know of the mental anguish now associated with visiting this particular boarding spot and the sentimental value you carry for the vehicle that was destroyed, as well as the time missed from work to make arrangemnts for repairs and transportation! This will go a long way when he considers a judgement and compensatory damages....

Make a $500 reward sign giving a description of the tow vehicle and boat and ask to post near or around the boat ramp. Don't worry about the $500 you can get that reimbursed from the individuals responsible. Cite that this boat and car are "THOUGHT" to be responsible for considerable damages and vandalism in this area and wanted by local authorites for questioning......

I recently had minor vandalism committed on my tow vehicle and trailer by a herd of PWC nerds at one of our local rivers. I went about getting documented information as to the color and type of vehicle by witnesses that saw them messing with my truck. The very next weekend, this idiot was stupid enough to bring his fiance and her family up for another jet ski outing! Little did he know that the county sheriff was on the lookout for him, his truck and his stupid PWC's. Needless to say, I made a positive identification when they were stopped and now am pursuing the necessary legal action against him for reimbursement of my damages and loss, not to mention his already hefty fine after admitting that someone in his party did it, but of course it wasn't him! He was squirming like a fish when he saw me get out of the Sheriffs truck! Something tells me his fiance's parents weren't too impressed with their future son in law.......

Good luck!
Old    alex3467            07-27-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
hahaha, thats priceless ryan, u know ur
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
shouldn't you be jet skiing Alex?
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
I know what the boat driver looks like for sure, he had a tatoo that ran from this back all the way over his shoulder, and down his chest. There was a witness, he saw the guy messing around the gas tank, but didn't know what he was doing. He gave the local cop a good description of the veh and boat they were in. The cop was great, he went home got his air tank and let me pump up my tires. then he drove my family and frinds to the local car wash so I could vacume the glass out of my veh. The kids loved getting to ride in his car.
Do you really think if they were caught that anything would actually be done?
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-27-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
They were coming at me, but they were on a curve and I would have had to cut across in front of them to get by. I remember thinking as I pulled up my boarder and saw them, what side should I pass them on. I wasn't trying to tick anyone off, and I wasn't even close to them. We also have them on video from when we passed them, but they are to far off to tell anything.
Old    hockeyruss            07-28-2003, 5:21 AM Reply   
Wow, people should be relaxing and having fun on the water not getting all ticked off. Guess after this weekend we have a new term...WATER RAGE!!!!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-28-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
how do you know it was those particular guys that you passed?
Old    norcal_99            07-28-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm with Aaron. How can you be 100% sure it was those people?
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
Because there was a witness at the boat dock, the man that lives by the ramp seen them messing around my truck, he saw one of them messing with my gas tank, and trailer. Then he seen them pull the boat out of the water. He gave the cops a good description, but no tag #.
Its not a huge deal, it just ticks me off that people can do such things. Even when I was growing up, I never did stupid stuff like that to other people.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-29-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
ahhhh, So he saw... but he didnt say anything to them while they were doing it? I think he should of done something, at worse case senerio got a licence plate number.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-29-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
maybe 2 sides to each story, but if there is tension betweeen two groups of guys, that still does not give anyone the right to trash their truck and trailer
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-29-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
Aaron, your right there is 2 sides to every story. But I would like to know what I did to deserve what they did to my stuff. Thats what I really don't understand, what I did to pi$$ them off. Maybe I'll run into them again, and if I do i'll get their side. And I hope I have the oppurtunity.

The guy who seem them didn't realize what they were doing, until I knocked on his door and asked if he had seen anything.

Aaron, don't get me wrong, I do see what your saying.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
I think a post was deleted....
Anyways bottom line thats just wrong... I recently (about 3 weeks ago) had a bunch of stuff in my boat stolen... Dont know who did it.. wasn't cuz i pissed them off, I think it was random people just stealin my stuff....
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-30-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
I was the one behind the boat at the time we passed them(deven your a retard) and i didn't even know anything was going on. The friggin jerks were trolling(fishing) right in the middle.(not that there's anything wrong with that). Deven just picked the side we were already on. There are not two sides to this. Obviosly we pissed them off but i think they were drunk and looking for a reason to be mad at someone. No one in our boat even said anything to them or flicked them off or anything. we couldn't have if we wanted to, we had our 4 young kids with us.