Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
I have not and I thought they were going out around the 15th. Just checking to see if I need to call. I think one of my USPS Guys is into wakeboarding. I alway get it late and sometimes when I do get it, it looks like a Hustler mag in an outhouse...
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-22-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Ewwwwww. way more info than I needed..

BTW.. I have not gotten mine either.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-22-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
yeah thats weird since mine always come in a sealed wrapper
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-22-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
I got mine well over 2 weeks ago... I'm assuming you're talkin about the issue where Ronix is on the cover?
Old     (ashleyo)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
yeah havent gotten mine either.
Old    jay_23            08-22-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
nothing in spokane wa. either
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
Got mine
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-22-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
My shop has had them for over 2 weeks now.
Old     (theoneandonly)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 2:30 AM Reply   
got mine today
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Its already on the shelves
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-23-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
still haven't seen mine up here in maine
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-23-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Got mine a few weeks ago, never got the one the month before. Mine never comes sealed (I am assuming that was a joke)

If I remember right, next issue is the December issue? Holy Shizzzzzz!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-23-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
got it in Tx. A-dub do you read it?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I am sick of getting my issue after my local boardshop does! I like the idea of supporting the mag; but if I dont get it before the shop does, I end up getting one from the shop anyways (complementary of course)
Old    byerly137pro            08-23-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
I got mine, and I just noticed they don't have Reef girls in them anymore. What's with that?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
I just sent them a message from their website. Maybe if enough people let them know we might get them sooner. Here is the link

https://secure.palmcoastd.com/pcd/eServ?iServ=MDg5NDMzNzEwMw==
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Alex, A while back, someones mom, I think it was Duffy's, complained that her son did not need to see that filth....
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
nacho, yes, i def read cover to cover about 50+ times, but just moved so haven't subscribed, a big reason being the politics of subscribing to the mag itself. You are all going to get them at different times, and no matter how much you complain, they don't care man. They do what they want. The main reason I haven't subscribed yet is when you subscribe mid season, they end up sending you previous months' mags, so your subscription runs out sooner. Great marketing ploy, but I don't like it, especially when I already have them. Which by the way, I'm sure reef girls will be back, Reef is just promoting their new softgoods and all, my guess is there will be a "bum" back in no time. anyone from a shop wanna hook me up with some alliances? haven't seen one of those in a while! no shop here in the middle of nowhere
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-23-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
A-dub,

First and foremost, the Mag always wants to hear what "You" the rider thinks. Your opinion counts. With regards to your comment that they send you previous months issues so your subscription runs out sooner, that couldn't be father from the truth. There is no "Marketing Ploy" here. This is a very small industry and I'm sure if we had a marketing budget like "Victoria's Secret" my personal favorite, we'd have a mag in your mailbox every week. I just received my copy via regular mail and I work for them. Maybe it's because you're in the middle of nowhere.....
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Just going off mine and others' previous experiences man, and since you work for them, tell them I "think" the last issue had some of the rawest pics ever! (since I bought it at the Borders, which is prob puttin more money in your pocket, think about that before you bash me) No need to jump on me tho...... there's just no shop here, so i'm going to open one................
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Solo, Where do they ship out from? I thought it was Florida, and I'm right in the middle of the state. Should be a day or two from anywhere in the state.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
I too have been shippped old issues upon subscribing to the mag. Personally I feel like I am being slighted two issues. I noted when I made my payment in relation to the mags I recieved; I intend on complaining when the issues run out. For the past 3-4 issues the local boardshop has recieved theirs 2-3 weeks before me, which is also frustrating.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-23-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
It is my understanding that it takes a month or so just to get your subscription. Maybe their sending you issues from the date you subscribed? If you get shorted then I know they would be happy to rectify the situation.

Bryd, I don't believe the printing and mailing facility is not in Florida. I can't remember where?

A-dub, It wasn't my intention to jump on you. In fact the message I posted was edited before it went up, because after I read my first draft response, which was rather harsh, it occurred to me that you're just a guy that wants his mag! Glad you liked the photos! Look for my feature story in the August issue page 104 and another due out in Jan/Feb issue.

Hahn
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-23-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
a-dub~ I have alliances
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-23-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
issues as far back as march/april i believe
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-24-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
UPDATE....

I sent out a message from the link I posted yesterday. Here is the response I got back.

Dear Mr. Byrd,

A review of your account show that the September/October 2006 issue is currently en route to you. You should receive the September/October 2006 issue by August 28, 2006. If we can be of any assistance, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience,

Louise Drew
Email Customer Service

Good Job on the fast response from your customer services, Wakeboard Mag.

(Message edited by byrd on August 24, 2006)
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
havnt gotten a wbm in about a year and a half. I noticed I was getting most of the info out of the mag in one visit to the throne - switched to alliance..
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-24-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Got mine today and I live in Texas.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-24-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Yeah, while I am waiting for my monthly dose of news and ads I picked up another copy of Wakeboard Alliance mag at my local Malibu dealer. Even though I can get it free I'm thinking of a subscription. They seem to have a little better content to ad ratio. I'm not sure the industry is big enough for two monthly mags but I'd be interested in a little more depth in the stories and a little more detail in the reviews. What do you all think?
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-24-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
I got mine 2 weeks ago and I live in Canada. Mine usually never come sealed but this most recent one did.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-24-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
2nd Update, I got mine in the mail today.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-24-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
I got mine like 2 weeks ago too...

-Steve
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-25-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
Got mine yesterday. In NY.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-25-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
"havnt gotten a wbm in about a year and a half. I noticed I was getting most of the info out of the mag in one visit to the throne - switched to alliance.."

The amount of ads is crazy. I can read through a mag in 15minutes. I didn't renew my subscribtion either.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-25-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
I agree. The ads are insane. I kind of like seeing the new stuff in the ads but would prefer a story or 2 to go along with them.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I just got my hands on the latest issue, pretty decent...

Upload

Just whipped it up for a family friend for his birthday; what do you think? The only neat photo I had was of him surfing...
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
They do have too many ads, but without all the ads the subscriptions would cost a lot more. It's like that with any magazine now a days...