Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Last summer we demoed an 05 and 06 Roam on our boat for yucks one day and really had a blast playing with them. I just picked up a slightly used 05 since my crew liked the shape better.

The question we have is about the warning tag on the board about claw bindings. I've seen a couple of posts about the bindings pulling out on the 05 Roam and I know Hyperlite is good for that, but I don't want to break it--I like it.

Is there something I should know about mounting various bindings to the board or some I shouldn't use at all? Since it is a "boat" board, we've got several different bindings that my kids would want to use such as LF, HL and CWB? Any experience or knowledge appreciated. Thanks
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Ripped both inserts out last night on my 07 with 07 watsons on......, I don't think it will matter what binders you have on, just how hard you fall.Upload
Upload
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
I ride mine with 07 LF Sphynx bindings and have never had a problem. Ryan is right it all depends on how hard you eat it.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
My 05 came with differnt screws (gray thumb style) there shorter for the roam. And i still broke it, i used factions on it.

On my 07 i ride it with 3ds's and use the claws, no problems yet and i have taken a few hard falls.

I have 3 of them if your interested (lost the 4th) you can always shim/washer up your current setup
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-26-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, its a fun board, but the way its constructed really leaves alot of possiblity for it to break. Especially if you fall catching an edge. Thats how I broke my 05 Roam. Hyperlite's takin care of me, but still its a bummer. Fun board while its rideable tho! Surface 360's all day baby!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
i was actually thinking of buying one of these and from what you guys are saying i gotta ask some more questions, how hard exactly does the fall really have to be to break this thing? most liekly this thing is going to be used to butter tricks and edge catching will most definitely be involved so im trying to make sure that this board isnt a total bust.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
On the 05 roam, you could fart and it would break.

Go with a 07' MUCH more durable.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-27-2007, 6:51 AM Reply   
I've had no issues whatsoever with my 05, and I wad it all the time. I roll 3DS on mine, and never had nada....
The 06 is not my style, it's like a 4x8 sheet of plywood on the water-it's floppy.
Not ridden the 07, but the 05 isn't broke, so.....
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
06' and 07' are the same as far as i know.

I dont know why but i love the ride of the 07'.

But the 05 had a great shape, they need to make a 05' shaped with 07' durability.

I broke my 05' 3 days after i got it.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-27-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
Wow, lots of problems I guess. Too bad. I'm leaving for a week of riding tomorrow. I'll let you know if the board survives the trip. Les