Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hey my family and I are looking to upgrade over our terrible Bayliner. My brother and I are both good skiers and I would consider myself and intermediate wakeboarder. I was just wondering what you guys thought of the 209 I know it is an X-9 without ballast and a tower. This one has the X-9 tower but no ballast. I was just wondering how much wieght you have to add to the boat to get a decent wake. We know someone selling one for a great price so any advice would be apreciated. Our other option is most likly the Moomba mobius.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-18-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Shane,
You should look for a 1996-2000, 205dd. They have a really good ski wake, and as you probably know, the same hull as the old xstar/x2/x1. I have heard that the 209 isn't that great for WB or skiing. If it is Wbing that you primarly do, the 205v, X2 now X1 is a good boat. I run the course with ours a lot. Either way, the 209 will be worlds apart from your bayliner.

Go out and test that 209 and see what you think.

(Message edited by psudy on October 18, 2006)
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-20-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
I have an X-9 and the factory ballast is about 1200 pounds. Not a pro wake in size but very very clean. Bigger than our family will ever need. My son and daughter are 13 and getting better. I wakeboarded/skied all my life and it is better than anything we have ever had. I love the boat and would not trade it for a Vdrive even up. The DD drives planes and turns much better. It is a porche of boats.
Upload
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
David, awesome looking boat. meet you last year 05 and stayed at your parents place and saw you this last summer. we were in the yellow supra.

you son was rocking when we saw him.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-20-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
P.S. mine is an 01' and I paid 31k for it in 03' with 100 hrs on it. X-9/209 is a great deal in the mastercraft line up right now. Severely under appreciated. Great do everything boat.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-20-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Cool, I remember you guys. It is a small world. I remember you luv this stuff as much as me. Thanks
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-20-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
David, sorry to hijack this thread, but when we stayed at your parents resort, i had the yellow moomba, and you were working on the hydrohoist.

it is a small world.

doug
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-20-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
David, what resort do you guys have?
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-20-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for the input it seems those who own them feel they are a great all around boat and those who do not own them dont seem to like them to much. Anyways thanks that is what we are looking for a good all around boat that has a good wake does not have to be great just good.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-20-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
My parents own a little mom and pop resort on Table Rock, on Indian Point called Alpine Lodge (alpinelodgeresort.com). I always thought it would be cool to have a wakeboarders week at the place. I think it would be neet to have the resort nothing but board nuts for just one week. They are ussually always full in the summer but I probably should organize a week and cut a deal for as many of us wakenuts as posible. Let me know if anyone is interested for next summer. Hey they do it for the bass fisherman. Here is a pick of our butter!
Upload
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-23-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
I own an X-9 (PS 209 hull with wakeboard package) and it does very well for boarding. With full factory ballast and human ballast, it provides a good wake shape and size for most riders. With an additional 700 lbs and full human ballast, it really rocks.

It is for sale right now - if you want it. I have a new one reserved for next season.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-23-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Not a very important contribution here, but I've always liked the design of the transom on those boats, looks like an early 60's Chevy, or the Batmobile. thumbsup
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-23-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Karl but Michigan is a little to far away for me thanks thou.

(Message edited by epic_peachland on October 23, 2006)
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-25-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Love mine..see my profile......fantastic...wake board wake...to load it with people...if you don't have factory ballast...than I would put a 500 fatty under the back seat and 500 in the KGB-front storage locker..perhaps some weight in the bow...always keep the gas tank full(extra weight in the back)....
also great shortline boat in the slalom course...or free skiing @ 34mph as well...love the total all around usablilty of it!!!!!