Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    K.B.C.            05-11-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
I've got an older head unit hooked up to a 6-disc changer. I'm going to replace the head unit at some point, but was wondering if anyone knows if the 6 disc hooks in with standard RCAs so I can do a temporary swap for an ipod. Thanks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
Typically they hook up via a midi cable which looks a lot like a S cable for your TV. You may be able to get a ipod hook up that uses the same midi in on the back of your head unit. I have one of these on my Kenwood
Old     (noel_peterson)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-12-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
Scott, somewhere on WW there is a schematic of the 13 pin din connector that connects to your changer, you only use 4 of these pins soldered to a mini plug that goes into the top of your i-pod. I'm now looking for an adapter to plug into the bottom of the i-pod so it stays charged. The bottom of the i-pod has 32 pins and I haven't found anybody who has rung it out yet for the 13 pin connector.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-12-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
It would help if you told us what make and model the head unit was.

All of the CD changers I have seen connect with a multi-conductor cable, and do not use RCA.

For many head units you can buy an adapter that connects via that cable, makes the head unit think there is a CD changer there (and full) and then provides RCA inputs.

On the older Clarion units (2003 vintage) it was really simple to make your own adapter. A few dollars worth of parts, a little soldering and you will have a very nice Ipod adapter.

Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-12-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
has to be sony only company the uses rca.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-13-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
if you have an older clarion
Old     (noel_peterson)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
cory, thanx for finding diagram. Scott sorry, its 5 pins, I forgot about the shielding.
Old     (stler645)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-13-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Sony is the only company to use rca...LOL
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-14-2008, 12:09 AM Reply   
I guess I should have said company that uses rca for the cd changer audio input and a din cable for the control. LOL
Here is the adapter that you need for most sony HU's
Also some info here


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:41 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us