Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-25-2010, 5:34 AM Reply   
i need your help here guys. i just got a brand spankin' new (09) Onset 42 board which i am excited to try out but afraid that i'd break or delam the board in the first run, well at least that's what i've read about it in the forums.

so i'm thinking of sealing it up with a few layers before taking it out for a spin. i just have no idea what kind of sealant i should use. any recommendations on the process and sealant? how many layers?

thanks in advance! just excited to try out a bi-level for the first time.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-03-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
You shouldnt need to do that at all. It's ready to ride out of the box.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-04-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Caleb, sadly you do need to do something to this deck. i saw quite a few last year and tried one out a couple times. after one set the top was cracking and the bottom was delaming. and the set was only 5 minutes. i dont know if sealing it will do much though.
the 2010 was made a bit stronger
Old     (jondextan)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-05-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
i did a urethane sealing before riding it the first time, 4 layers. survived it's first week, planning to reseal it as soon as some of it comes off. thanks!
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-31-2010, 10:12 PM Reply   
bro, you really dont need to do anything used mine right out of the box still looks great a little scratched up from sliders and stuff but besides that perfect you should be fine